• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I don't carry a gun

barf

imported post

I don’t carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don’t carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m angry. I carry a gun so that I don’t have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don’t carry a gun because my sex organs are too small. I carry a gun because I want to continue to use those sex organs for the purpose for which they were intended for a good long time to come.

I don’t carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don’t carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don’t carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don’t carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

props to syd at http://www.snubnose.info/wordpress/

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

LA Confederate wrote:
'Nuff said. Oh nice choice for the picture. I just love those weapons that are based on John Browning's design.
That is the Rt. Rev. John Moses Browning. :)

The I Don't Carry A Gun (November 13th, 2007) has become a classic in its own time.

Yata hey

barf

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
LA Confederate wrote:
'Nuff said. Oh nice choice for the picture. I just love those weapons that are based on John Browning's design.

The I Don't Carry A Gun (November 13th, 2007) has become a classic in its own time.

Yata hey

Yeah, I saw that it was from 2007 but I had never seen it before. Probably because I'm an old fogey and I'm usually not on the confuser that often. I threaten to throw the damn thing out the window probably on a weekly basis.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

barf wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
LA Confederate wrote:

Yata hey
Yeah, I saw that it was from 2007 but I had never seen it before. Probably because I'm an old fogey and I'm usually not on the confuser that often. I threaten to throw the damn thing out the window probably on a weekly basis.
Every time I see that title I think, "Oh no, here come another anti." - then a smile of recognition sweeps across my face. One day I may have that framed for inclusion in my den.

Never hurts to post it periodically, lest it be lost and buried - it is too good for that.

Computers like good friends can be really aggravating sometimes, but we do keep the both close don't we. :)

Yata hey

Overtaxed

imported post

>I don’t carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want >to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow >afternoon

I wonder how many people have lain on the ground mortally wounded, thinking, in their last few fractions of a second of consciousness "if only I had a gun" or "if only I had resisted."

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

To live fully, you must be unwilling to lay down and die.

Some people just don't understand that simple precept.

Yata hey