Thread: My first post and a question

Post imported post

Hello all,

This is my first post here after discovery of Michigan OC law through an interesting way.

And that brings me to this question. Genesee County Parks has this in their rules:

"Section XXV – Firearms
    For purposes of these rules, the term “firearm” shall include any revolver, pistol, shotgun, rifle, air rifle, air gun, water gun, slingshot, BB gun or any gun, rifle, firearm or bow or other device which is designed to discharge projectiles or are models or facsimiles of these devices, which appear to be capable of doing so.

No person shall possess or control any firearm (except those as permitted by MCL 28.421 et seq) upon properties administered by or under the jurisdiction of the Commission, except by prior written permission of the Commission or as allowed by the Commission from time to time in designated areas.
    No person shall discharge any firearm upon property administered by or under the jurisdiction of the Commission except by prior written permission of the Commission or as allowed by the Commission from time to time in designated areas.

This section shall not apply to any law enforcement officer acting in the course of his/her official duties."

My question is, would this be unenforceable because of Michigan's Preemptive Law?
    Last edited by TheGrabber; 03-08-2011 at 07:04 PM.
    I'm not a lawyer, psychologist, or LEO. This means, don't rely on my opinion to work for you.
    But I am a railroad conductor.
    “Breathes their a man with a soul so dead, that does not thrill to the sound of a passing train?”

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

MichRRConductor wrote:
    My question is, would this be unenforceable because of Michigan's Preemptive Law?
    Yes.

Post imported post

You are correct.hope to keep hearing from you in more posting.

Post imported post

As stated you are correct. You will see many posts on this site with those discussing current ordinances they are fighting. Welcome to OCDO and hope you will continue to look at theses issue and take action to help resolve them.

Post imported post

MichRRConductor wrote:
    Hello all,

This is my first post here after discovery of Michigan OC law through an interesting way.
    Welcome to the forum!

I hope that guy did have a CPL though, in case a train is considered a vehicle by law.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO. Is the trainprivate propertyor does it receive public funds?

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Post imported post

Welcome to MOC.

We are having a Meet-n-Eat in Flint at a Coney Island Saturday at 11:30 if you'd like to come and sit with us.

Post imported post

--
    I'm not a lawyer, psychologist, or LEO. This means, don't rely on my opinion to work for you.
    “Breathes their a man with a soul so dead, that does not thrill to the sound of a passing train?”

Post imported post

Bronson wrote:
    Welcome to OCDO. Is the trainprivate propertyor does it receive public funds?

Bronson
    It receives taxpayers dollars (Huckleberry Railroad)

Post imported post

Welcome!

Pretty sure any vehicle is whether privately or publicly funded is considered a concealed carry, hence all the questions regarding bicycles and motorcycle OC.