• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My first post and a question

TheGrabber

imported post

Hello all,

This is my first post here after discovery of Michigan OC law through an interesting way.

And that brings me to this question. Genesee County Parks has this in their rules:

"Section XXV – Firearms
For purposes of these rules, the term “firearm� shall include any revolver, pistol, shotgun, rifle, air rifle, air gun, water gun, slingshot, BB gun or any gun, rifle, firearm or bow or other device which is designed to discharge projectiles or are models or facsimiles of these devices, which appear to be capable of doing so.

No person shall possess or control any firearm (except those as permitted by MCL 28.421 et seq) upon properties administered by or under the jurisdiction of the Commission, except by prior written permission of the Commission or as allowed by the Commission from time to time in designated areas.
No person shall discharge any firearm upon property administered by or under the jurisdiction of the Commission except by prior written permission of the Commission or as allowed by the Commission from time to time in designated areas.

This section shall not apply to any law enforcement officer acting in the course of his/her official duties."

My question is, would this be unenforceable because of Michigan's Preemptive Law?

Last edited:

sprinklerguy28

imported post

As stated you are correct. You will see many posts on this site with those discussing current ordinances they are fighting. Welcome to OCDO and hope you will continue to look at theses issue and take action to help resolve them.

EM87

imported post

MichRRConductor wrote:
Hello all,

This is my first post here after discovery of Michigan OC law through an interesting way.

Welcome to the forum!

I hope that guy did have a CPL though, in case a train is considered a vehicle by law.

conservative85

imported post

Welcome to MOC.

We are having a Meet-n-Eat in Flint at a Coney Island Saturday at 11:30 if you'd like to come and sit with us.

FatboyCykes

imported post

Welcome!

Pretty sure any vehicle is whether privately or publicly funded is considered a concealed carry, hence all the questions regarding bicycles and motorcycle OC.