• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Milwaukee Homicide Stats

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WAVEand Flynn has the legislature and everyone else believing that there arehundreds of homicides involving the use of a gunin Milwaukee and Wisconsin.The facts show otherwise. :banghead:During 2008 there were approximately 46 such homicides in Milwaukee.A large percentage of these were committed by felonsor were likely gang related. The linked PDF takes a while to download.

http://www.ci.mil.wi.us/ImageLibrary/Groups/mpdAuthors/Documents/2008_Data_Report.pdf

Old Grump

imported post

Flipper wrote:
WAVEand Flynn has the legislature and everyone else believing that there arehundreds of homicides involving the use of a gunin Milwaukee and Wisconsin.The facts show otherwise. :banghead:During 2008 there were approximately 46 such homicides in Milwaukee.A large percentage of these were committed by felonsor were likely gang related. The linked PDF takes a while to download.

http://www.ci.mil.wi.us/ImageLibrary/Groups/mpdAuthors/Documents/2008_Data_Report.pdf
I don't know who 'everyone' is but I know how to look up stats and labeled the story as bogus as soon as it came out. I am pretty sure the legislators drawing their per diem for being in Madison and not home taking care of business know what we know but do not care. It is in their interest to keep the big money liberal donaters happy so officially they will say whatever accomplishes their purpose. They don't get my gun and they don't get my vote but mostly they do not get my respect. Time for a clean sweep in Madison if we are going to be armed citizens again and the bad guys will have to fear us instead of laughing at us.

scorpio_vette

imported post

anybody ever try calling any news stations and tell the that the numbers are wrong and see if they'll do a story on these falls numbers??? i mean they always love digging up dirt on anybody.