Thread: Three Dead, 8 Shot In ABB Workplace Shooting

Post imported post

http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-wor...,2546705.story

a prime example of how workplaces that refuse ones right to carry can be easy targets for things such as this...

i'm not sure if ABB is a anti weapon facility or not..but i know of way too many that are...and people seem to wonder how things like this happen...

Post imported post

But wait, I am sure that there were signs that said no firearms allowed!? How would this be able to happen?

Obviously we need stricter laws...or maybe bigger signs that say that no firearms allowed.

Post imported post

HYRYSC wrote:
    But wait, I am sure that there were signs that said no firearms allowed!? How would this be able to happen?

Obviously we need stricter laws...or maybe bigger signs that say that no firearms allowed.
    lol.

i doubt laws would help...but bigger signs...definitely.

still, a sad situation....example of why i never get comfortable in any environment i'm in and why everyone should be mindful of their surroundings.

Post imported post

I was up early this morning when it was on the news, they (fox news) kept saying he had an AK-47 assault rifle and it confused me to all hell thinking this guy had a machine gun. The building is so large they are still clearing it. We should always remember that in active shooter situation the first thing police do is surround the area and it could be a long time before the cops end the situation. My thoughts go out to the victims.

Post imported post

evidently he had an ak-47, handgun of sorts and a shotgun...

Post imported post

It's baffeling to me how some folks can manufacture with in their thought process that going into a place and shooting up innocent victims can better their cause. Did this fellas problem originate with a discrepency over his retirement?

Post imported post

this economy and weather is just making people completely lose their freakin minds.

Post imported post

nrepuyan wrote:
    this economy and weather is just making people completely lose their freakin minds.
    Not so true, I'm in the same economy,and weather climate along with quite a few million folks, and I've got loaded firearms all around my home and on my person be rest assured, I'm not conteplating anything remotely close to a firearm related crime.. The ones that pull this crap are weak...Plain and simple they can't get past the rage they've manufactured within themselves to find a workable solution.. Granted he mayfeel he had exhausted all resources, but trust me he didn't.. He just took the weak way out!!

Post imported post

well obviously that didn't include us sane minded individuals...

Post imported post

this is EXACTLY why im so glad i have a great job in a small office.............. that 4 of the 9 people that work here (including me, the owner, and another engineer) all have CCW permits, we carry everywhere we go, and we all bring our firearms into the office and no one cares at all. i feel sorry for the poor SOB that would try to walk in here and whip a gun out.