• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Assert the 10th A to support the 2nd

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
Toad wrote:
If anyone is just now realizing these problems you have been asleep for far to long. It has been building up to this point for almost a hundred years. There is no correct 'Party' as they are all wrong and only do what is best for them together. They only bicker because they can't come to an agreement on the best way to enslave the people.
Party's are for birthdays and holidays not for running governments.

That being said, it is imperative and long past time for the states to stand up for themselves...I only hope that the people will support the states.
You and Alexcabbie are on the right path with this. The reason "people" don't seem to realize all of this is because all of the people have lived during this time and so therefore, that is their point of reference. And unless someone is of a mind to see where the differences lie, they are not going to see what has happened, why it has happened, and how it happened.

This is NOT by mistake. It is deliberate.
Sometimes I think SouthernBoy likes slippery slopes, but I agree. I feel it is consciously deliberate by a minority of those who perpetuate it. The rest do it through willful ignorance, which is NOT a mistake.
Nah, I don't like slippery slopes at all. They tend to leave us in a mire as we slide on our way to the great abyss. Our willful ignorance people were once referred to as "useful idiots" by one of their heroes... Lenin. And we all know what happens to useful idiots after the fall.

This is a great topic for lengthy discussion over some beers or perhaps a nice single malt. Enjoy your weekend!

simmonsjoe

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
simmonsjoe wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
Toad wrote:
If anyone is just now realizing these problems you have been asleep for far to long. It has been building up to this point for almost a hundred years. There is no correct 'Party' as they are all wrong and only do what is best for them together. They only bicker because they can't come to an agreement on the best way to enslave the people.
Party's are for birthdays and holidays not for running governments.

That being said, it is imperative and long past time for the states to stand up for themselves...I only hope that the people will support the states.
You and Alexcabbie are on the right path with this. The reason "people" don't seem to realize all of this is because all of the people have lived during this time and so therefore, that is their point of reference. And unless someone is of a mind to see where the differences lie, they are not going to see what has happened, why it has happened, and how it happened.

This is NOT by mistake. It is deliberate.
Sometimes I think SouthernBoy likes slippery slopes, but I agree. I feel it is consciously deliberate by a minority of those who perpetuate it. The rest do it through willful ignorance, which is NOT a mistake.
Nah, I don't like slippery slopes at all. They tend to leave us in a mire as we slide on our way to the great abyss. Our willful ignorance people were once referred to as "useful idiots" by one of their heroes... Lenin. And we all know what happens to useful idiots after the fall.

This is a great topic for lengthy discussion over some beers or perhaps a nice single malt. Enjoy your weekend!
Same to ya!

Interesting.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Well, folks, I know that most of you work regular hours and are normally not awake when "loser TV" (fast-buck scheme infomercials, etc) are playing in the wee hours. Me, I work and sleep at different times, and often leave the tv on to provide something more soothing than the noise of the bar stragglers outside on the street. Well.

This morning I woke up around 4 AM to hear Barack Obama giving a PSA about some volunteer program of his. In the end, he said this: ".....And take part in making America's new foundation".

:?:shock::what:NEW FOUNDATION!?!

Talk about something that sounds sooooo innocent. As usual he won't say that in Prime Time lest people who actually work and have a stake in our Republic hear it. But the losers who want something for nothing, who watch the get-insanely-rich-by-doing-nothing-particuarly-useful shows are just the morons he wants to recruit. Yeah, morons. Help make a "new foundation" for America and get Obama Cash from Obama's Stash. WHAT IN BLEEDING HELL DOES HE MEAN "NEW FOUNDATION"?

Actually that's a stupid question. What he means is exactly what he said. He wants to scrap the old foundation (the Constitution) and replace it with a new one (which he won't say what it is, but just believe him it will be better).

Can you imagine waking up and being rendered mad as all hell in the course of 30 seconds? (well, I guess if you have teenagers, but this is different). I was also frightened. Here was a man who scant weeks shy of a year ago raised his right hand and swore to defend the Constitution; announcing his intent to scrap it and remake the nation.

I swear before Almighty God that he will scrap the Constitution over my dead body. Not that I think that will be necessary. The American people are not stupid. They were desperate and they were conned by a real sharpie. And people like me and like all of us hear things like this when we were not intended to, and put it out for others to see and understand. The Founders - who wrote the Foundation - laid a trap for such as this present gang of weasels. I really believe they knew that at some point down the pike this was coming, and gave us the tools to deal with it. The only question is, do we have the will? I am NOT talking about violent insurrrtection. I am talking about organizing and voting for politicians who respect the Constitution at EVERY level, since from small town aldermen big senators and presidents grow.

And this November is particularly important. If you did not know this, you know it now.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Well, folks, I know that most of you work regular hours and are normally not awake when "loser TV" (fast-buck scheme infomercials, etc) are playing in the wee hours. Me, I work and sleep at different times, and often leave the tv on to provide something more soothing than the noise of the bar stragglers outside on the street. Well.

This morning I woke up around 4 AM to hear Barack Obama giving a PSA about some volunteer program of his. In the end, he said this: ".....And take part in making America's new foundation".

:?:shock::what:NEW FOUNDATION!?!

Talk about something that sounds sooooo innocent. As usual he won't say that in Prime Time lest people who actually work and have a stake in our Republic hear it. But the losers who want something for nothing, who watch the get-insanely-rich-by-doing-nothing-particuarly-useful shows are just the morons he wants to recruit. Yeah, morons. Help make a "new foundation" for America and get Obama Cash from Obama's Stash. WHAT IN BLEEDING HELL DOES HE MEAN "NEW FOUNDATION"?

Actually that's a stupid question. What he means is exactly what he said. He wants to scrap the old foundation (the Constitution) and replace it with a new one (which he won't say what it is, but just believe him it will be better).

Can you imagine waking up and being rendered mad as all hell in the course of 30 seconds? (well, I guess if you have teenagers, but this is different). I was also frightened. Here was a man who scant weeks shy of a year ago raised his right hand and swore to defend the Constitution; announcing his intent to scrap it and remake the nation.

I swear before Almighty God that he will scrap the Constitution over my dead body. Not that I think that will be necessary. The American people are not stupid. They were desperate and they were conned by a real sharpie. And people like me and like all of us hear things like this when we were not intended to, and put it out for others to see and understand. The Founders - who wrote the Foundation - laid a trap for such as this present gang of weasels. I really believe they knew that at some point down the pike this was coming, and gave us the tools to deal with it. The only question is, do we have the will? I am NOT talking about violent insurrrtection. I am talking about organizing and voting for politicians who respect the Constitution at EVERY level, since from small town aldermen big senators and presidents grow.

And this November is particularly important. If you did not know this, you know it now.
And if, in fact, this comes to pass, he will be guilty of crimes of high treason which is a capital offense punishable by death.

Alexcabbie

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
The first thing we need to come to terms with, is that for all its glory, the constitution is in fact dead already. It must therefore be our resposibility to re enstate it. For the lack of a better term.

If the Constitution were in fact "dead", those who would like it so would not attack the Tea Party movement, OCDO, or any of those of us who stand up for it. They would simply mop up and take over and they would most assuredly love to do so. But they have a small obstacle in their way which is - for lack of a better term - US.

IMO this thread is grossly misnamed. "Assert the 10A to protect the 2A"? NO. The 2A was designed to protect the other rights, enumerated or not. Correctly, it should be IMO "Assert the 10A before it becomes necessary to implement the 2A".

I have before and elsewhere on this forum expressed my dismay at the fact that prior to the results of the 2008 elections the political part of this discussion was largely focused on local and regional issues concerning the legality of carrying a firearm. But now we are faced with a political movement that has been festering for decades, which has chipped away at the very Bill of Rights they so claim to be protecting even as they dilute it and re-define it to their own terms and ends. Their intent is evil, not just malicious, EVIL. And although they have made few moves against the 2A, they are not friendly to it by any stretch of the imagination.

Their view of the 2A IMO is that of the view of Hitler toward the Maginot Line. They dare not (although skirmishers such as the Bradyites probe for weaknesses and exploit whatever and wherever they can) try a direct frontal assault. As Hitler went through Belgium and bypassed the Maginot Line; so these weasels hope to mount an indirect assault that will render the 2A meaningless and useless. Obamacare and cap-and tax are part and parcel of this, and so here we are on a gun forum writing about these (supposedly) non-gun issues..

The Constitution? DEAD? HELL NO IT IS NOT!!!! It is not a "living, breathing document". What it is, is a VERY LIVE WIRE; and the wannabe tyrnts who are pissing on it now do so at their peril.

Anybody wanna give a "+1"?