Thread: Real ID = Gun Control

Post imported post

Real ID = Gun Control

This from the infamous MAIG Report:

B. REAL ID and Gun Purchases
    Recommendation 3: The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) should require
    REAL ID-compliant identification for all gun purchases after December 1, 2014.

One mechanism for verifying identification already exists. In 2005, Congress passed
    the REAL ID Act to ensure that more secure, tamper-resistant identification could be
    required for certain critical functions. Federal buildings and airports will start requiring
    REAL ID on December 1, 2014.9 DHS should issue regulations clarifying that a NICS check in connection with a gun purchase is an “official purpose” for which the REAL ID Act requires specialized identification.

Link: http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/downloads/pdf/blueprint_federal_action.pdf
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come . PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I can tell that the hopey-changey ain't workin' for Mark.

Post imported post

They are trying to resurrect it, but VA at least has passed law gutting it fairly well.

Can you believe MAIG has the guts to try and say those states that have laws against the ReadID act should be banned from having their residents buy weapons??

I mean, WTF?! Have they actually READ the constitution?
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

Post imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
    They are trying to resurrect it, but VA at least has passed law gutting it fairly well.

Can you believe MAIG has the guts to try and say those states that have laws against the ReadID act should be banned from having their residents buy weapons??

You're still laboring under the illusion that Bloomberg and the authortarian elites care about the constitution. It should be pretty obvious to everyone by now they view it as an obsticle to their power. Obozo as much as said so several years ago during a radio interview where he said "that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. It says what the states can't do to you, says what the federal government can't do to you"

What is truly amazing is that obozo is supposed to be a "constitutional SCHOLAR"!!!

This "scholar" apparently was absentfor class when he should have been taughtthe founders put restrictions on the government purposly. It should be clear that he and his parasitic elitist pig kind are little more than tyrants in waiting.

And some people want scumbags like him to make their medical choices for them?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...107.guest.html
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Post imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
    simmonsjoe wrote:

You're still laboring under the illusion that Bloomberg and the authortarian elites care about the constitution. It should be pretty obvious to everyone by now they view it as an obsticle to their power. Obozo as much as said so several years ago during a radio interview where he said "that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. It says what the states can't do to you, says what the federal government can't do to you"

What is truly amazing is that obozo is supposed to be a "constitutional SCHOLAR"!!!

This "scholar" apparently was absentfor class when he should have been taughtthe founders put restrictions on the government purposly. It should be clear that he and his parasitic elitist pig kind are little more than tyrants in waiting.

And some people want scumbags like him to make their medical choices for them?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...107.guest.html
    I wonder if there is legal grounds to recall mayors who are members of MAIG since this came to light? Is this not a criminal breach of the oath of office?
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Obama went on to say re the constitution, "but it doesn't say what the government CAN do for you."

Personally, I'd rather government not do a damned thing for me, just stay the hell out of the way.

edited Just to add,

Isn't it rather hypocritical that they want a special ID for gun purchases, but if you suggestrequiring photo ID for voting, they go into convulsions.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    Obama went on to say re the constitution, "but it doesn't say what the government CAN do for you."

Personally, I'd rather government not do a damned thing for me, just stay the hell out of the way.

edited Just to add,

Isn't it rather hypocritical that they want a special ID for gun purchases, but if you suggestrequiring photo ID for voting, they go into convulsions.
    exactly

Post imported post

These people took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution, and yet they dont, or wont.What does that make them? ask Jane Fonda!! Wake up America!!!

Post imported post

Real I.D. has been nullified by about 15 states. Texas being one of them.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers