• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Real ID = Gun Control

Thundar

imported post

Real ID = Gun Control

This from the infamous MAIG Report:

B. REAL ID and Gun Purchases
Recommendation 3: The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) should require
REAL ID-compliant identification for all gun purchases after December 1, 2014.

One mechanism for verifying identification already exists. In 2005, Congress passed
the REAL ID Act to ensure that more secure, tamper-resistant identification could be
required for certain critical functions. Federal buildings and airports will start requiring
REAL ID on December 1, 2014.9 DHS should issue regulations clarifying that a NICS check in connection with a gun purchase is an “official purpose” for which the REAL ID Act requires specialized identification.

Link: http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/downloads/pdf/blueprint_federal_action.pdf

imported post

Last I heard and read, the only thing left to do with the Real ID Act is to order a tombstone, as it is, for all practical purposes, dead.
Montana's governor pretty much summed it up when he made it abundantly clear "it ain't gonna happen in Montana."
What a shame more governors don't have the balls ole Roy has, we could stand a few dozen more of his caliber, pun intended.

simmonsjoe

imported post

They are trying to resurrect it, but VA at least has passed law gutting it fairly well.

Can you believe MAIG has the guts to try and say those states that have laws against the ReadID act should be banned from having their residents buy weapons??

I mean, WTF?! Have they actually READ the constitution?

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
They are trying to resurrect it, but VA at least has passed law gutting it fairly well.

Can you believe MAIG has the guts to try and say those states that have laws against the ReadID act should be banned from having their residents buy weapons??

You're still laboring under the illusion that Bloomberg and the authortarian elites care about the constitution. It should be pretty obvious to everyone by now they view it as an obsticle to their power. Obozo as much as said so several years ago during a radio interview where he said "that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. It says what the states can't do to you, says what the federal government can't do to you"

What is truly amazing is that obozo is supposed to be a "constitutional SCHOLAR"!!!

This "scholar" apparently was absentfor class when he should have been taughtthe founders put restrictions on the government purposly. It should be clear that he and his parasitic elitist pig kind are little more than tyrants in waiting.

And some people want scumbags like him to make their medical choices for them?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_102708/content/01125107.guest.html

simmonsjoe

imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
simmonsjoe wrote:

You're still laboring under the illusion that Bloomberg and the authortarian elites care about the constitution. It should be pretty obvious to everyone by now they view it as an obsticle to their power. Obozo as much as said so several years ago during a radio interview where he said "that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. It says what the states can't do to you, says what the federal government can't do to you"

What is truly amazing is that obozo is supposed to be a "constitutional SCHOLAR"!!!

This "scholar" apparently was absentfor class when he should have been taughtthe founders put restrictions on the government purposly. It should be clear that he and his parasitic elitist pig kind are little more than tyrants in waiting.

And some people want scumbags like him to make their medical choices for them?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_102708/content/01125107.guest.html
I wonder if there is legal grounds to recall mayors who are members of MAIG since this came to light? Is this not a criminal breach of the oath of office?

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Obama went on to say re the constitution, "but it doesn't say what the government CAN do for you."

Personally, I'd rather government not do a damned thing for me, just stay the hell out of the way.

edited Just to add,

Isn't it rather hypocritical that they want a special ID for gun purchases, but if you suggestrequiring photo ID for voting, they go into convulsions.

simmonsjoe

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Obama went on to say re the constitution, "but it doesn't say what the government CAN do for you."

Personally, I'd rather government not do a damned thing for me, just stay the hell out of the way.

edited Just to add,

Isn't it rather hypocritical that they want a special ID for gun purchases, but if you suggestrequiring photo ID for voting, they go into convulsions.
exactly

nobama

imported post

These people took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution, and yet they dont, or wont.What does that make them? ask Jane Fonda!! Wake up America!!!