• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Searching for people who would like to volunteer to help Mike Cox become Governor

mikestilly

imported post

Shortly I will be posting event's in which Mike Cox can use some extra help. My wife and I will be at several of these event's already volunteering and hope to see some other pro-gun rights people there as well.

If you are holding back volunteering because you want to know Mike Cox better I strongly suggest that you attend one of the many event's I will be posting. He will be at many of them. I will post the events he will be at.

Mike is the only candidate to have his full plan for Michigan ready to go out of the gate. His plan can be viewed and downloaded here:

http://www.mikecox2010.com/putting-michigan-back-to-work/

I also suggest reading the Free Press and Detroit News Editorials here:
http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-amendment-politics/8804-your-taxes-work-nra-cox.html

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2009/09/what_mike_coxs_putting_michiga.html

I've met some great people volunteering and had some wonderful conversations about open carry, gun laws and carrying in general and so can you. Lastly I just wanted to say Mike Cox is the real deal. If you want a candidate for governor on gun rights Mike is it.

Remember if you're still undecided please try to attend an event he's going to be at and speak with him and ask him the questions you have and give him a chance to discuss his views. I promise you will not be disappointed.

I wanted to get this post out here first but shortly I will be posting a full list of event's. Anyone interested in volunteering please PM me and I will give you information on whom to contact.

Mike

mikestilly

imported post

This Weekend:
Ultimate Fishing Show in Novi (Rock Financial Showplace) - January 7 (2p - 9:30p), Janurary 8 (12p - 9:30p), January 9 (10a - 9p), January 10 (10a - 5p)
-We have a table reserved for this venue. In particular we need help with volunteers and with staff (emphasis on Friday and Saturday). Mike may be there Sunday.

Birch Run Gun Show (Birch Run Expo Center) - January 9 (9a-5p) and January 10 (10a-5p)
-We have a table reserved for this venue. In particular we need help with staff and volunteers on Saturday. I will likely be able to help on Sunday, could still use some volunteer help). Mike will likely be there Saturday.

Next Weekend:
Novi Gun and Knife Show (Rock Financial Showplace) - January 16 (9a-5p) and January 17 (10a-5p)
-We have a table reserved for this venue. We could use help with staff and volunteers for both days. Mike may be in attendance on Satuday.

Indoor Rally for Life (Sacred Heart Byzantine Church Hall in Livonia) - January 17 (2p-3p)

Grand Rapids Campter and RV Show (DeVos Place, Grand Rapids) - January 14 (3p - 9:30p), January 15 (12p - 9:30p), January 16 (10a - 9p), January 17 (11a - 6p)

Following Weekend (More Events to Come):
Wyandotte March for Life (Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church, Wyandotte) - January 24 (1:00p - 1:30p)
-arrive by 12/12:30

Port Huron March for Life (Pine Grove Avenue in front of Sanborn Park, Port Huron) - January 24 (1:00p - 3:30p)
-This would be a matter of arrive by 12/12:30

Flint Gun Show (Perani Arena, Flint) - January 23 (9:00a - 5:00p) and January 24 (10:00a - 3:00p)
-We have a table reserved for this venue. We could use help with staff and volunteers for both days.

Mt. Clemens Gun and Knife Show (Gibralter Trade Center, Mt. Clemens) - January 22 (12:00p - 6:00p), January 23 (10:00a - 6:00p), January 24 (10:00a - 6:00p)
-We have a table reserved for this venue. We could use help with staff and volunteers for both days.

Plymouth Ice Festival (Downtown Plymouth 305 South Main St, Plymouth) - January 22 (3:00p - 8:00p), January 23 (10:00a - 6:00p), January 24 (10:00a - 5:00p)
-We would not have to be there the full time each day, but if we could have a point person for a day

mikestilly

imported post

Oh yeah, and if you volunteer at the Rock Financial Showplace events you can open carry as long as you receive a vendor badge before you enter. Another plus is you receive free entry into all the events, there are no set times in which you must volunteer and you're free to check out the shows when you're done volunteering. I will be posting more gun shows once I receive them.

mikestilly

imported post

Just got done with volunteering for Mike at the Michigan Polish Cultural Center in Troy. Had a great time and Mike had a great speech and it was great to speak to him again. I also met with state senate majority leader Mike Bishop and Rocky Raczkowski who is running against Gary Peters this year in the 9th district.

I hope to see some of you guys at the the Novi Gun & Knife show this weekend. I will be opening the show at 9am-noon open carrying. Mike Cox will probably be at the Saturday show. Will be leaving promptly to make it to the MOC bowling fund raiser with my family. Then on I'll be back at the Novi show on Sunday open carrying from 1-4pm.

Anyone interested in joining me volunteering for Mike Cox PM me and I will give you my contact information.

Mike

PS: It's really cool getting my son involved in politics at his age. Definitely something my dad never did with me. I was going to leave early tonight and he was upset we we're leaving early and wanted to stay. So we stayed until the end.

:celebrate :)

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

This is part of a letter I recently gave to sherriff bouchard, I would expect the same supportfrom any public official. I dont know who I want to vote for yet, Is Mike Cox going to support these things?

Does Mike Cox have an email adress that I could send this to?

As governor, I would encourage you to establish some uniform rules for the police to follow, so that they know how to deal with both open carry, and permit holders. I am proud to be set apart from the criminals as a gun owner, and would like to betreated as such. It would be most helpful, if the police, and the gun owners knew a standard, so each person involved would know exactly what to expect.

I would love to see our open carry rights not only upheld, but promoted, as this acts as a deterrent for crime, and it allows the general public to see what responsible gun ownership really looks like, as opposed to the false impression given by hollywood and the media. Open carry also all allows the police to quickly evaluate an individual at a distance, to determine if the individual is a criminal or not. I would like to see open carry extended to those in a vehicle as well. I feel much more comfortable being armed while driving. Once this summer in Detroit, I was approached by an unsavory group of fellows, who, immediately turned and left upon seeing me get out of my car to holster my weapon. Also, as my license is suspended, I have been open carrying everywhere except in my vehicle. This is silly, I have to unload, and case my weapon everytime I get out of my car, everytime I go anywhere. Then I have to keep the gun in a location where I cant possibly get to it in an emergency, (i dont have a trunk in my car). There should be no law which puts an armed criminal at an advantage over the citizen at any time. And finally, I would like you, as governor, to extend the "innocent until proven guilty" rights to permit holders, so that no CPL suspensions could occor until after a convictian has been made.

Even better, I would prefer Michigan to follow the exsample set by the state of Vermont, as the only state to honor the second amendment, in not requiring a person to get a permit to use their right to keep and bear arms.

If you have to pay a fee, and ask permission to use a right, then you do not truly have a right, you have a privelige. The second Amendment uses the words "right", and "shall not be infringed", It says nothing about where you can use the right, whether it be a gun or knife, it is not limited to the home, and it does not allow the government the right to establish prohibited locations, such as schools, churches, or vehicles, and it makes no limitation for the caliber, action, or capacity of the weapon.

mikestilly

imported post

If you would like to know Mike's point of view I strongly suggest you come to one of the many events he's at and you can speak with him directly. As attorney general I'm sure he receives a massive pile of message but that doesnt' mean he wouldn't respond to your messages to him.

If I were you I'd definitely shorten it from a long speech to specific pointed questions. You would also be better off speaking with him directly and even then he's there to speak with many people try to have short pointed questions.

I don't speak for Mike I'm only giving you my suggestions. I've communicated with him over Facebook several times. That would be another way to try and get in touch with him.

There are many reasons my family is donating a lot of our time to help Mike. I work full time plus I run a IT consulting company, I'm working on a major project and going to school and I'm still donating my time to support Mike. Gun right's are very important to me obviously but the Michigan economy is even more important. In my opinion nobody comes close to Mike in both of these categories. To be honest even if you look at his gun rights record up to this point no candidate comes close. For example: his AG opinion overturned a long standing machine gun ban:
http://www.ag.state.mi.us/opinion/datafiles/2000s/op10259.htm
Hes filed am amicus brief challenge of a City of Chicago ordinance banning possession of most handguns. In which he stated "The right to keep and bear arms is fundamental, the Supreme Court recognized this in the Heller case, and I am confident they will protect this right yet again. No government should impinge on the basic right to defend yourself." http://blog.mlive.com/talkingpolitics/2009/07/michigan_ag_mike_cox_backs_nra.html
In the relm of CPL reciprocity he's taken us from only 5 states to 36 states. Back in 2007 before long before considering a run for governor he wrote his editorial about the 2nd amendment http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110010898

I suggest everyone read this article about Mike Cox in 2006 http://www.southsidesportsmanclub.com/legislative-update-08-06-06.htm

I'll say it again Mike Cox has a very long history of proven gun rights especially for us here in Michigan. Nobody comes close. Show me what Bouchard has done for Michigan gun rights. Matter of fact show me what any of the other candidates have done compared with Mike Cox.

I just thought I'd share some of the research I've done there is a lot more out there and I've spoke with him myself. Dont take this the wrong way but if you're truly interested in wanting his opinion meet him in person and talk to him face to face and not write some preformed letter.

Also remember gun rights isn't the only issue out there we've had 8 years of Granholm who has destroyed Michigan's economy, schools, property values, etc. Without a job you wont have money to feed your guns.

Mike

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Youre right, I will try to get to one of these places and speak with him myself. I dont favor Bouchard or anyone else at this point, my interest is that anyone holding a position in any office will uphold my rights, and will have the sense to distinguish the criminal from the citizen. I appreciate the response, and what you are doing.

mikestilly

imported post

Heads up! Tomorrow I'll be at the Novi Gun & Knife Show. Sat i'll be there 9-noon then I'm off to MOC bowling in Frasier. Mike Cox should be at the show tomorrow.

I'll be back @ the Novi show Sunday 12:30-till we pack it ip.