Thread: Walmart in Colonial Heights

Post imported post

A CSM at the Walmart in Colonial Heights approach me today and asked me to please take my gun back to my vehicle. She said that some customers had complained. I proceeded to untuck my Tshirt and covered up my gun. I asked her if that was good enough. She asked me if I was legal and I replied that I was. She said that was good enough for her.

Post imported post

She doesn't have authority to ask you to leave the store per wal-mart policy.
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Post imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
    Please elaborate?
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
    Sounds like she didn't ask him to leave, only to secure the gun in his car.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

When I called Walmart corporate while I was told it was okay to OC in there as long as it was legal I was also told that since it's private property they have the right to ask you to leave for any reason. Those may not be the exact words they told me but sums it up.

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    simmonsjoe wrote:
    Sounds like she didn't ask him to leave, only to secure the gun in his car.
    He would have had to leave the store to "secure" his gun in his glass safe (car).

Post imported post

I'm nottrying to be a jerk, but I keep hearing about Walmart's so called "policy". Does anyone have a contact at WM or acopy of any official letter from Walmart stating thattheir policy is to follow state law so maybe we can carry a copy of this letter to show at WMor is the alleged policy just hearsay?
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

mobeewan wrote:
    I'm nottrying to be a jerk, but I keep hearing about Walmart's so called "policy". Does anyone have a contact at WM or acopy of any official letter from Walmart stating thattheir policy is to follow state law so maybe we can carry a copy of this letter to show at WMor is the alleged policy just hearsay?
    No and we really don't want to ask again as the outcome has been less than perfect before. Don't want to push them into being more unfriendly.

After a similar incident on Sheila Rd. in Richmond, I found that the District and Regional managers all sang the same song - they leave it up to the discretion of the store managers and that it was in accordance with state law as they are private property.

So again when anyone from corporate tells you that they "follow state laws for the state in which the store is located," understand that they are private property. So in essence they are "following state law" when they ask one to hide it or leave.

Corporate's answer is tricky wording. We assume that this phrase refers directly to our gun question and in fact their answer avoids a clear response. They are not telling us what we think we hear.

Wally-World is in my opinion playing from a 53 card deck and they hold all 5 aces.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.