• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart in Colonial Heights

allens

imported post

A CSM at the Walmart in Colonial Heights approach me today and asked me to please take my gun back to my vehicle. She said that some customers had complained. I proceeded to untuck my Tshirt and covered up my gun. I asked her if that was good enough. She asked me if I was legal and I replied that I was. She said that was good enough for her.

hometheaterman

imported post

When I called Walmart corporate while I was told it was okay to OC in there as long as it was legal I was also told that since it's private property they have the right to ask you to leave for any reason. Those may not be the exact words they told me but sums it up.

nova

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
simmonsjoe wrote:
She doesn't have authority to ask you to leave the store per wal-mart policy.
Sounds like she didn't ask him to leave, only to secure the gun in his car.
He would have had to leave the store to "secure" his gun in his glass safe (car).

mobeewan

imported post

I'm nottrying to be a jerk, but I keep hearing about Walmart's so called "policy". Does anyone have a contact at WM or acopy of any official letter from Walmart stating thattheir policy is to follow state law so maybe we can carry a copy of this letter to show at WMor is the alleged policy just hearsay?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

mobeewan wrote:
I'm nottrying to be a jerk, but I keep hearing about Walmart's so called "policy". Does anyone have a contact at WM or acopy of any official letter from Walmart stating thattheir policy is to follow state law so maybe we can carry a copy of this letter to show at WMor is the alleged policy just hearsay?
No and we really don't want to ask again as the outcome has been less than perfect before. Don't want to push them into being more unfriendly.

After a similar incident on Sheila Rd. in Richmond, I found that the District and Regional managers all sang the same song - they leave it up to the discretion of the store managers and that it was in accordance with state law as they are private property.

So again when anyone from corporate tells you that they "follow state laws for the state in which the store is located," understand that they are private property. So in essence they are "following state law" when they ask one to hide it or leave.

Corporate's answer is tricky wording. We assume that this phrase refers directly to our gun question and in fact their answer avoids a clear response. They are not telling us what we think we hear. :banghead:

Wally-World is in my opinion playing from a 53 card deck and they hold all 5 aces.

Yata hey