• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County Shooting

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Early this morning aWhatcom County Planner decided to try to take the life of his girlfriend, her daughter and himself. Fortunately the girlfriend made it out and to a neighbor's house and called 911. Not in time to save the life of her daughter. The suspect also succeeded in killing himself.

2008 no murders for Whatcom County 2009 of the charts for our area, at least 6 for the county and not sure for the city. While the rest of the country has for the most part lowered their averages we have not.

It did not take long for public officials to start stating how we are understaffed and underfunded and we need more law enforcement.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:And how this is an epidemic in our county.

Folks there would have been nothing you could have done to prevent any of these murders by having more police. We could have had 10,000 LEO's roaming the county and it wouldn't have stopped them.

My own homeless Auntie was murdered this fall, in a busy well patrolled area. I was saddened by her loss but she herself had mentioned to family she knew her lifestyle could lead her to her demise. By the way she was the freindly native lady who would stand at the off ramps once in awhile. She was also waving a flag and protesting larger government at our Tea Party rallies.

This further my resolves to be armed and vigilant. And to inform as many people as I can of their rights to be armed likewise.