• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LOC in front of my Mother in Law

chewy352

imported post

So with all of the stigma that comes with firearms and open carry I agreed with my wife not to OC in front of her mother for awhile. One day when her Mother was over at our house I happened to be carrying open instead of concealed which I normally do at home. When her Mother arrived I untucked my shirt and covered my firearm. When carrying our two year old my shirt got pulled back behind my firearm right in front of her mom. I looked at her just in time to see her eye f@#$ my firearm but she never said a word.

She has never said anything to me or my wife and has not objected to my wife's minor sisters staying over at our house since. So I guess she doesn't mind.

chewy352

imported post

Don't get me wrong she's not anti or anything. She knows that I have loaded guns in the house in safe locations just not that I carry them.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

chewy352 wrote:
Don't get me wrong she's not anti or anything. She knows that I have loaded guns in the house in safe locations just not that I carry them.
The most safe location to have a firearm with kids around is on your person.

inbox485

imported post

MudCamper wrote:
chewy352 wrote:
The most safe location to have a firearm with kids around is on your person.

The few times it has come up with family that is essentially what I have said. I like to keep a loaded gun for self defense, and the safest place to have it (both for defensive purposes and purposes of not having it unintentionally used) is on my person.