• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond OC Brunchfast - Sat. Jan 9th

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Richmond OC Brunchfast - Sat. Jan 9th - 9:30 AM

Blairs Drug Store
3601 Mechanicsville Tpke Get directions
Richmond, VA 23223-1329
(804) 329-3363

They really fix a great breakfast - stop in before going to the gun show or after if you are making an early run. Get your hand stamped, you can always go back again.

This is only about 3 min. from the Showplace - straight down the Pike towards Mechanicsville and on the right.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Curtis wrote:
Breakfast, brunch, and now brunchfast...

I will try to make it. No promises though. :lol:
Some said 9:30 was late for breakfast - changed it to brunch.

Then 9:30 was too early for brunch - so just trying to make the no-shows happy.

Maybe next week we'll need to change the time to 9:29 or 9:31 but I still don't think we'll make all of the camps happy. :lol:

We'll keep the coffee hot.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Curtis wrote:

Then 9:30 was too early for brunch - so just trying to make the no-show(s) happy.

So brunchfast was decided to help our sluggish friend(s) find a way to meet-up with the early birds.

Maybe next week we'll need to change the time to 9:29 or 9:31 but I still don't think we'll make all of the camps happy. :lol:

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Curtis wrote:

Then 9:30 was too early for brunch - so just trying to make the no-show(s) happy.

So brunchfast was decided to help our sluggish friend(s) find a way to meet-up with the early birds.

Yata hey
blair.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

No problems though, even OCing.

Will take on the challenge of getting them to modify their stance somewhat with a kinder, gentler approach :) - we shall see.

Gun show was heavily attended - ammo prices were down a bit too.

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

See also http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/36376.html.

Sumdood wadded the panties of drugstore customers by behaving badly. The sign is a reaction of the kneejerk variety trying to please all camps while providing presumed protection to the clientele. As we all know, the criminals (Peter Nap included) will not obey a sign no matter how accommodating it tries to be.

As for the time that brunchfest has been scheduled, I admit to being the cause. While I get up out of bed at a much earlier hour I am usually not fit to be in public until there are two (2) numbers under the hourhand. As others have stated that they have a life, it was agreed I would do extra coffee before and during brunchfest so as to be "socially acceptable" in the barest sense of that phrase.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Blairs Drug Store 9/13/10

I had a very cordial meeting with "Bobby" today at about 4:00PM

After introductions and general conversation about the mini-event of last Sat., we discussed philosophies re RKBA - he is very pro and was quick to grasp what my concerns were and while he was desirous of accommodating legal gun owners, he was perplexed as to how to keep the bg (s) out or at least at arms length.

Primarily talked about how bg would ignore the sign anyway and that the best way was to judge each person by their actions and to follow your "gut instincts." Acknowledged that the store was private property and the rules were unquestionably his to make. The present sign only penalized honest citizens.

Related the great number of years that myself and many others here have been eating and shopping there and really did not want to stop. Added that two Henrico officers were there Sat and simply nodded at us.

Incidentally, the story previously related about what precipitated the sign is not quite right. - Seems that a gang banger type came in and approached the pharmacy counter - in hitching his pants up a gun was exposed above his crotch - expression on this individual was "drugged" and looking all around - mental alarm bells went off in Booby's head - he has had two previous encounters where he thought he might have to personally take action - what action is not open to discussion here.

Event ended when the bg was caused to leave and the sign went up -Bobby's knee jerk reaction? - sure. I believe this man (Bobby) to be a good and honorable man, listened and talked well on the subject - not as well schooled in the psychology of Gg vs Bg as some here, but his daily routine is less focused on such things than is ours.

Bottom line - Bobby is going to talk to the other owner and work something out if they agree - I think they will - they and we deserve that opportunity.

Let it rest for a bit guys - he has my phone numbers if he wants to call - I'll stop back by in a few days or so - I expect (hope?) to see a positive change in signage or maybe no sign - we'll see. Maybe I'll feel free to eat lunch there again after my next visit too.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

-
he is very pro and was quick to grasp what my concerns were and while he was desirous of accommodating legal gun owners
Good try GS:dude:. But I doubt it works.
Pro Gun people don't ban pro gun people. Posers do! Remember, Kerry has a duck gun.

We'll see how it plays out.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

-
he is very pro and was quick to grasp what my concerns were and while he was desirous of accommodating legal gun owners
Pro Gun people don't ban pro gun people. Posers do! Remember, Kerry has a duck gun.

All people are not at opposite extremes to me Peter.

He is pro but not as well schooled as we might wish him to be. Hope that some of that sharing was accomplished today. How do you move people off center on such issues and cause/allow them to be more supportive - I tend to think giving them the chance to learn new (to them) ideas has good possiblities.....when they have an open mind, and this gentleman seemed to be more than open to understanding and trying to work it out. He could have told me "No, it none of your business." He didn't.

Your right though, we'll see after he talks to the other owner. Did my best - like to think it'll be enough. I've always liked the place - gotta lot of my history there, but will honor their response.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

-

Did my best - like to think it'll be enough.

Yep, and you deserve a big pat on the back for it!:)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

-

Don't want to d*mn pats - want my reserved seat back. :(

BTW - watcha doing posting on my quote box? :X

I'm finding OCDO very sluggish tonight and doing strange things like typing where the cursor is not pointed and I had to try 4 times to open this thread. Any such there?

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

-

Don't want to d*mn pats - want my reserved seat back. :(

BTW - watcha doing posting on my quote box? :X

I'm finding OCDO very sluggish tonight and doing strange things like typing where the cursor is not pointed and I had to try 4 times to open this thread. Any such there?

Yata hey
Yeah, I couldn't get on at one point.

TFred

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Excellent report. Well, except your date is wrong! ;)

In my mind at least, the strategy that will win or lose, and which will quickly show whether or not someone is willing to reason this all out is the simple point you made: criminals will not obey the sign anyway.

The image to draw in his mind would be to imagine the same exact scenario he went through last week, but what if he had already posted the sign? What would have happened differently? The answer we hope he sees and is willing to admit is "likely nothing!"

That's when it will click.

TFred (armchair quarterback)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

TFred wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

In my mind at least, the strategy that will win or lose, and which will quickly show whether or not someone is willing to reason this all out is the simple point you made: criminals will not obey the sign anyway.

The image to draw in his mind would be to imagine the same exact scenario he went through last week, but what if he had already posted the sign? What would have happened differently? The answer we hope he sees and is willing to admit is "likely nothing!"

Well the day is good - went down there today, Wed. 1/13 to meet with him :p
What's four months between friends?

Used that scenario in talking to him not once, but twice. You could see the recognition in his expression - it was one of those "Oh ya, I get that" moments.

Anyhow, we shall see - ball is in his court.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
TFred wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Well the day is good - went down there today, Wed. 1/13 to meet with him :p
What's four months between friends?

Used that scenario in talking to him not once, but twice. You could see the recognition in his expression - it was one of those "Oh ya, I get that" moments.

Yata hey
Did you ask him if he checked to see if the Slug had a CHP, Grape?

You'd be surprised..:X

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
Did you ask him if he checked to see if the Slug had a CHP, Grape?

You'd be surprised..:X
Nope didn't go there.

Yata hey