Thread: another question to ponder...

Post imported post

as many of yall know i have a 10/22 with a side folding stock,making it a handgun in MI.

a friend offered me a vertical foregrip for it.

before i do anything with it i got to thinking...

as per NFA regulations,handguns must be registered as an AOW if they have a vertical foregrip.

heres where it gets tricky.

state has no laws regarding foregrips on handguns,as they just follow federal law,that i am aware of.

by federal definition it is a long arm,so by that i would not need register as an AOW.

but michigan it is a handgun,which tells me that'd it would have to be registered.

so my question is,though federally it is long arm,since in MI it is a handgun,would i have to make it an AOW to keep legal?

this would apply toalmost anybody else with a folding and/or collapsible stock on a long arm/handgun in MI too...

not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    as many of yall know i have a 10/22 with a side folding stock,making it a handgun in MI.

a friend offered me a vertical foregrip for it.

before i do anything with it i got to thinking...

as per NFA regulations,handguns must be registered as an AOW if they have a vertical foregrip.

heres where it gets tricky.

state has no laws regarding foregrips on handguns,as they just follow federal law,that i am aware of.

by federal definition it is a long arm,so by that i would not need register as an AOW.

but michigan it is a handgun,which tells me that'd it would have to be registered.

so my question is,though federally it is long arm,since in MI it is a handgun,would i have to make it an AOW to keep legal?

this would apply toalmost anybody else with a folding and/or collapsible stock on a long arm/handgun in MI too...

Lil, it has already been discussed on this thread beginning on Page 4. Just ignor the snobbery and focus on the pertinent information.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/35196.html

Post imported post

works for me,thanks!

i only read into page 3 on that thread before,no wonder i didnt see it
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.