• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sentara Norfolk General and CHKD

t33j

imported post

Spoke with security at both hospitals today, both prohibit firearms. No real surprise there. The friendly security guard at Sentara informed me that they have lock boxes available to secure firearms for visitors; CHKD does not.

Fozzy_Bear

imported post

I used to work at Norfolk General.

The security staff are great guys. - Just be mindful that they deal with world-class idiots on a daily basis. By the end of a shift at that place anybody would be grumpy.

Work with them and they'll work with you.

IrRelevant

imported post

Same goes for all ofBon Secours facilities, they have a 0 tolerance. But Bon Secours Depaul Medical centers security staff are awesome. They will supply you a lock-box if need be.