• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Frangible .223 Question

DEROS72

imported post

Bookman ,myself and one or 2 others will be going to shoot at Champion arms sunday morning .We will be there between 10 and 10:30 am.Also taking a fairly new shooter for some practice.Just thought I would through that out and see if anyone elso wants to join us.Will probaly go for a bite after.

Also Champion will let you shoot .223 rifles with frangible ammo.They don't have it nor Bens or Federalway.Anyone know who might carry that or even have any I could purchase. Thanks...

[line]

Lemmiwinks

imported post

If I can get out of bed in time, count me in. If not, I'll be there later in the afternoon.

Also, regarding the .223 use, the rangemaster told me 3-4 weeks ago that they're no longer allowing .223 as someone used "armor piercing" (his words) rounds and messed up the backstop.

DEROS72

imported post

I just talked to the manager at Champion about an hour ago and he said we could if we had the frangible ammo. Be great if you can make it the more the marrier...

DEROS72

imported post

If you find some founds pick some up for and I can repay you .I'm not having much luck.

Lemmiwinks

imported post

-Edit-

Bull's Eye Shooter Supply in Tacoma is out of .223 frangible, but when they have it they want $30 for 20 rounds.

The Marksman on South Hill doesn't carry it or know where to look.

I also checked the surplusammo.com website (they're in Lakewood) and they didn't have any.

I likely won't be able to come up with any locally.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

I'd go with you, but I have no frangible ammo and haven't the cash to get it even if I could find it.

Anyone have any interest in going to the WestCoast Armory Range in Bellevue? They have a burm in their range for rifle target practice.

DEROS72

imported post

Well thanks for checking.Wa.for Liberty I would love to go but being car impaired I would need a lift.

Hendo

imported post

Washintonian,

I am a member at the West Coast Armory range and always welcome some company. Guests are just $10 also - more the merrier.

Hendo in Bellevue

DEROS72

imported post

Hey Jarhead come down and shoot with us tomorrow morning.Let an old Army guy give you some instruction.You know the bullets come out the big hole at the end oposite the Mickey mouse right??:0PI'll even pay for your first tube of BB's for your carry gun.......

killchain

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Hey Jarhead come down and shoot with us tomorrow morning.Let an old Army guy give you some instruction.You know the bullets come out the big hole at the end oposite the Mickey mouse right??:0PI'll even pay for your first tube of BB's for your carry gun.......
Ouch. Hahaha.

There's a pawn shop in Ellensburg (Kittitas Country Trading Co.) that sells cases of .223 remington for a decent price. I usually pick one up whenever I head to the west side of the state.

DEROS72

imported post

Let me know when you go over there and ifpossible pick me up some .I assume they sell in boxes of 20 and I realize it is more expensive.

In the mean time come out to Champion arms in the morning and do some shooting.

Nevermind I just remembered your'e in Richland......

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks gogodawgs for coming out this morning .He ,Bookman and myself at Champion.Had a great time.Shot up 150 rounds of .45 and about 60 or so .380 from my Bersa.Gogodawg let me try out his Sig .40 ,really nice pistol.Went for coffee at the nearby Starbucks .....Fun Morning.Range was packed and I'm glad we got there early and was able to get 3 lanes.

Squeak

imported post

Yeah, Deros, stepped out into my indoor/outdoor range and took care of 8 paint cans. Wife was upset cuz I still had my jammies on. :celebrateWhat the heck.