• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

vacation

wolfman90

imported post

I am currently planning a vacation to Maine and I have to travel(via car)through Ohio. What is the best way for me to transport my weapon through this state? Just would like to follow the laws to travel safely.

Thanks,

Wolfman90

steveman01

imported post

If you have a permit that has recipriosity with the state then dont worry just know that you have to inform any leo's upon being stopped.

If no permit then make sure it's unloaded in the trunk.A loaded mag is considered a loaded gun even if the mag is not in the gun. so make sure no rounds are in a mag or speedloader of any kind.

carrying a gun in a car or concealed w/o permit while unloaded is a misdimeaner. Loaded its a felony, just so you know.

xD.45Service

imported post

It does not have to be in the trunk.

Assuming you do not have reciprocity

2923.16 Improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle.

(C) No person shall knowingly transport or have a firearm in a motor vehicle, unless the person may lawfully possess that firearm under applicable law of this state or the United States, the firearm is unloaded, and the firearm is carried in one of the following ways:

(1) In a closed package, box, or case;

(2) In a compartment that can be reached only by leaving the vehicle;

(3) In plain sight and secured in a rack or holder made for the purpose;