• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

vacation

wolfman90

imported post

I am currently planning a vaction with my wife in Maine and we are traveling by car and have to travel through New York. Just wondering what the best way to transport my weapon through this state were. Just want to follow the law and travel safely.

Thanks,

Wolfman90

redlegagent

imported post

Same as anywhere else. Keep it unloaded and locked up in the trunk or back away from ammo and out of sight. Don't stray too far off the main interstates and avoid NYC.

Hendu024

imported post

redlegagent wrote:
Same as anywhere else. Keep it unloaded and locked up in the trunk or back away from ammo and out of sight. Don't stray too far off the main interstates and avoid NYC.
+1

Also might want to read up on the forums in Maine and double check their laws. Full preemption, but unless you have a res. or non-res. permit for Maine, no carry in a vehicle, you must disarm and put in the trunk or lockbox, etc.