Thread: OC Sheriff Candidate Bill Hunt

Post imported post

We should all support Bill Hunt's campaign for Orange County Sheriff. Mr. Hunt supports a shall-issue concealed carry permit system and posted the following response to my question about UOC:

"It's legal and I am for it. I believe it is the responsibility of the Sheriff to protect the right of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms. I believe the law does not go far enough in that if you are allowed to open carry, you should be allowed to do so with the firearm loaded. So the limited right given by the particular law (as opposed to the unlimited right given by the constitution) is an incomplete right and may cause those exercising that right to be at a tactical disadvantage." - Bill Hunt

http://billhuntforsheriff2010.com/

It would be a huge victory to have a Constitutional Sheriff in OC. Let's get him elected!

Post imported post

onedavetoomany wrote:
    "It's legal and I am for it. I believe it is the responsibility of the Sheriff to protect the right of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms. I believe the law does not go far enough in that if you are allowed to open carry, you should be allowed to do so with the firearm loaded. So the limited right given by the particular law (as opposed to the unlimited right given by the constitution) is an incomplete right and may cause those exercising that right to be at a tactical disadvantage." - Bill Hunt

God bless him, if we can hold him to his word.

New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

I decided to support bill hunt quite a while ago. He's pro-shall-issue and a waaaaaay better candidate than the current appointee.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Post imported post

Our current Sheriff needs to take her policy of gun grabbing and nearly complete CCW denials to law obeying citizens back to Los Angeles, where she came from. We really don't care how you did it in "LA" , and we don't like the way you are doing it now, so bye- bye appointed (unelected) Sheriff. We won't miss you one bit.

At least from the last Sheriff/crook , you could "buy" a CCW permit. I was connected enough and offered it, but decided I did not want one under those conditions. I want to get one the right way, and it seems I will just have to wait until the next election..

Post imported post

Bill Hunt makes me want to move to Orange County!

Post imported post

Now thats a guy we want to get elected !

Im sending this to my Son-in -law who lives there !

Robin47

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

So since it is up to the Sherrif will he be able to issue permits? Will he?

Also past that how much influence would he have on laws? Would he have pull to change anything?

I sure hope he gets elected though, I like him. Good luck, OC (orange county) hope you get this guy.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

oc4ever wrote:
    Our current Sheriff needs to take her policy of gun grabbing and nearly complete CCW denials to law obeying citizens back to Los Angeles, where she came from. We really don't care how you did it in "LA" , and we don't like the way you are doing it now, so bye- bye appointed (unelected) Sheriff. We won't miss you one bit.

At least from the last Sheriff/crook , you could "buy" a CCW permit. I was connected enough and offered it, but decided I did not want one under those conditions. I want to get one the right way, and it seems I will just have to wait until the next election..
    I listened to Mr. Hunt today at campaign for liberty work shop / conference. He came across as very supportable candidate. O.C. is lucky if they get him.

But oc4 you should care about what happens in LA . The fact that you dont live here is somewhat irrelavent. Besides people like me / you / us want her out of business in allmetro-areas right. I am sure you will agree upon reflection.

Thx...p

Post imported post

"Money Bomb" fund-raising day

I just made my $50 contribution.

What say YOU ?

http://www.billhuntforsheriff2010.com/events/2010-02-05/join-the-hunt-feb-13-0

Dear Friends & Supporters,

This Saturday February 13, we are holding a Money Bomb in support of Bill Hunt's bid to be the next Sheriff of Orange County, CA. This is an online donation where we seek to raise funds and make an impact in one single day. Thank you for your support!

(Feb 13 Money Bomb Book Special)
    All contributions of $25.00 or more will receive Bill Hunt's new book "Bill of Rights" which will have an autograph from Bill Hunt, includes S&H.
    OUR ONE DAY TARGET GOAL!: ($25,000)

Share on Facebook!

Contributions which exceed $250.00 will be invited to attend an exclusive VIP event at a beautiful estate this March 20th Click here

Banned

Post imported post

http://billhuntforsheriff2010.com/po...ffs-department

1.58 video on supporting CCW and UOC and LOC!

Wow!

Post imported post

An Evening with Suzanna Hupp

Author of "From Luby's to the Legislature"
    Suzanna Hupp is a nationally known victim's rights & 2nd Amendment advocate. This will be special evening and dinner on her gripping account behind the Luby's massacre. Suzanna'sstory is one of great loss and personal triumph. You will not want to miss this special event as we welcome Suzanna Hupp to Orange County, CA on behalf of the Bill Hunt for Sheriff campaign.

Date:
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 6:00pm
    US/Pacific

365-B Clinton Stcosta mesa, CA, 92626
    United StatesSee map: Google Maps

Sponsorship: $500 includes seating for two, VIP reception and photo with guest.
    General admission: $99
    RSVP on-line @ http://www.billhuntforsheriff.com

The founding members of SAFE OC hope to see you at this important event with Bill Hunt.

Post imported post

Hunt has my vote, you can also follow him on facebook "Bill Hunt For Sheriff".

=)

Post imported post

Hope you guys in the OC can get Hunt elected.

I have friends and relatives in OC that I'll be passing his info to.

Post imported post

Dear CCW Supporter:

You are cordially invited to attend the following event sponsored by the Orange County Young Republicans. It will be one of the few, if not only, debates among the three candidates for Sheriff that is open to the public. SAFE OC encourages you to attend and show your support for Bill Hunt! Please RSVP by the date indicated since "walk ups" will not be permitted given that the location is a private club. Thank you.

Sheriff's Candidate Forum Sponsored by the
    Orange County Young Republicans

Monday, March 29, 2010 - 7:00 pm

4410 MacArthur Boulevard
    Newport Beach, CA 92660

Come ask your questions of the three candidates for Orange County Sheriff, Sandra Hutchens, Bill Hunt and Craig Hunter, at this moderated forum.

This event requires prior reservations (no exceptions). The Pacific Club dress code is business casual (no denim, athletic shoes or t-shirts).

Admission: OCYR Members, $10 - Non-members, $20
    RSVPto ocyrevents@gmail.comby March 19

Post imported post

Oops. 2x post.

Post imported post

http://www.hunterforsheriff.com/uploaded/AB357.pdf

The truth will set you free!

Vote for Craig Hunter for Sheriff 2010!

Post imported post

Jerico wrote:
    http://www.hunterforsheriff.com/uploaded/AB357.pdf

The truth will set you free!

Vote for Craig Hunter for Sheriff 2010!
    Jerico,

Please feel free to open your own thread to extoll the virtues of Craig Hunter.

Please do not hijack this thread...it's rude.

Post imported post

Saturday, April 24th
    10 AM - 12 PM

http://www.billhuntforsheriff2010.co...ial-guests-tba

Join us for a Bill Hunt for Orange County Sheriff Rally featuring special guest Sheriff Joe Arpaio at Sutra in Costa Mesa.

General Admission $25

VIP Admission $100
    (Includes special VIP reception with Bill Hunt & Sheriff Joe Arpaio & Photo)

Event Sponsor $500

(Includes special VIP reception with Bill Hunt & Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Photo & Recognition at the Event)

Other sponsorship opportunities available, contact us at BillHuntForSheriff@gmail.com for more information.

Sutra
    1870 Harbor Blvd
    Costa Mesa, CA, 92627
    http://maps.google.com/?q=1870+Harbor+Blvd%2C+Costa+Mesa%2C+CA%2C+92627%2 C+us