• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Sheriff Candidate Bill Hunt

onedavetoomany

imported post

We should all support Bill Hunt's campaign for Orange County Sheriff. Mr. Hunt supports a shall-issue concealed carry permit system and posted the following response to my question about UOC:

"It's legal and I am for it. I believe it is the responsibility of the Sheriff to protect the right of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms. I believe the law does not go far enough in that if you are allowed to open carry, you should be allowed to do so with the firearm loaded. So the limited right given by the particular law (as opposed to the unlimited right given by the constitution) is an incomplete right and may cause those exercising that right to be at a tactical disadvantage." - Bill Hunt

http://billhuntforsheriff2010.com/

It would be a huge victory to have a Constitutional Sheriff in OC. Let's get him elected!

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

onedavetoomany wrote:
"It's legal and I am for it. I believe it is the responsibility of the Sheriff to protect the right of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms. I believe the law does not go far enough in that if you are allowed to open carry, you should be allowed to do so with the firearm loaded. So the limited right given by the particular law (as opposed to the unlimited right given by the constitution) is an incomplete right and may cause those exercising that right to be at a tactical disadvantage." - Bill Hunt

God bless him, if we can hold him to his word.

oc4ever

imported post

Our current Sheriff needs to take her policy of gun grabbing and nearly complete CCW denials to law obeying citizens back to Los Angeles, where she came from. We really don't care how you did it in "LA" , and we don't like the way you are doing it now, so bye- bye appointed (unelected) Sheriff. We won't miss you one bit.

At least from the last Sheriff/crook , you could "buy" a CCW permit. I was connected enough and offered it, but decided I did not want one under those conditions. I want to get one the right way, and it seems I will just have to wait until the next election..

sudden valley gunner

imported post

So since it is up to the Sherrif will he be able to issue permits? Will he?

Also past that how much influence would he have on laws? Would he have pull to change anything?

I sure hope he gets elected though, I like him. Good luck, OC (orange county) hope you get this guy.

Palecon

imported post

oc4ever wrote:
Our current Sheriff needs to take her policy of gun grabbing and nearly complete CCW denials to law obeying citizens back to Los Angeles, where she came from. We really don't care how you did it in "LA" , and we don't like the way you are doing it now, so bye- bye appointed (unelected) Sheriff. We won't miss you one bit.

At least from the last Sheriff/crook , you could "buy" a CCW permit. I was connected enough and offered it, but decided I did not want one under those conditions. I want to get one the right way, and it seems I will just have to wait until the next election..

I listened to Mr. Hunt today at campaign for liberty work shop / conference. He came across as very supportable candidate. O.C. is lucky if they get him.

But oc4 you should care about what happens in LA . The fact that you dont live here is somewhat irrelavent. Besides people like me / you / us want her out of business in allmetro-areas right. I am sure you will agree upon reflection.

Thx...p

A ECNALG

imported post

"Money Bomb" fund-raising day

I just made my $50 contribution.

What say YOU ?

http://www.billhuntforsheriff2010.com/events/2010-02-05/join-the-hunt-feb-13-0

Dear Friends & Supporters,

This Saturday February 13, we are holding a Money Bomb in support of Bill Hunt's bid to be the next Sheriff of Orange County, CA. This is an online donation where we seek to raise funds and make an impact in one single day. Thank you for your support!

(Feb 13 Money Bomb Book Special)
All contributions of $25.00 or more will receive Bill Hunt's new book "Bill of Rights" which will have an autograph from Bill Hunt, includes S&H.
OUR ONE DAY TARGET GOAL!: ($25,000)

Share on Facebook!

Contributions which exceed $250.00 will be invited to attend an exclusive VIP event at a beautiful estate this March 20th Click here

A ECNALG

imported post

An Evening with Suzanna Hupp

Author of "From Luby's to the Legislature"
Suzanna Hupp is a nationally known victim's rights & 2nd Amendment advocate. This will be special evening and dinner on her gripping account behind the Luby's massacre. Suzanna'sstory is one of great loss and personal triumph. You will not want to miss this special event as we welcome Suzanna Hupp to Orange County, CA on behalf of the Bill Hunt for Sheriff campaign.

Date:
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 6:00pm
US/Pacific

365-B Clinton Stcosta mesa, CA, 92626
United StatesSee map: Google Maps

Sponsorship: $500 includes seating for two, VIP reception and photo with guest.
General admission: $99
RSVP on-line @ http://www.billhuntforsheriff.com

The founding members of SAFE OC hope to see you at this important event with Bill Hunt.

A ECNALG

imported post

Dear CCW Supporter:

You are cordially invited to attend the following event sponsored by the Orange County Young Republicans. It will be one of the few, if not only, debates among the three candidates for Sheriff that is open to the public. SAFE OC encourages you to attend and show your support for Bill Hunt! Please RSVP by the date indicated since "walk ups" will not be permitted given that the location is a private club. Thank you.

Sheriff's Candidate Forum Sponsored by the
Orange County Young Republicans

Monday, March 29, 2010 - 7:00 pm

4410 MacArthur Boulevard
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Come ask your questions of the three candidates for Orange County Sheriff, Sandra Hutchens, Bill Hunt and Craig Hunter, at this moderated forum.

This event requires prior reservations (no exceptions). The Pacific Club dress code is business casual (no denim, athletic shoes or t-shirts).

Admission: OCYR Members, $10 - Non-members, $20
RSVPto ocyrevents@gmail.comby March 19

A ECNALG

imported post

Saturday, April 24th
10 AM - 12 PM

http://www.billhuntforsheriff2010.com/events/2010-04-03/bill-hunt-for-sheriff-rally-with-special-guests-tba

Join us for a Bill Hunt for Orange County Sheriff Rally featuring special guest Sheriff Joe Arpaio at Sutra in Costa Mesa.

General Admission $25

VIP Admission $100
(Includes special VIP reception with Bill Hunt & Sheriff Joe Arpaio & Photo)

Event Sponsor $500

(Includes special VIP reception with Bill Hunt & Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Photo & Recognition at the Event)

Other sponsorship opportunities available, contact us at BillHuntForSheriff@gmail.com for more information.

[align=left]Location:

Sutra
1870 Harbor Blvd
Costa Mesa, CA, 92627
http://maps.google.com/?q=1870+Harbor+Blvd%2C+Costa+Mesa%2C+CA%2C+92627%2C+us

[/align]