• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fletcher's Arms

gbu28

imported post

Seems there was a shooting there today. Someone shot in the head. No other details on the news report I watched...

Anyone have anything else?

protias

imported post

I'm back. I spoke with Terry and he said the guy tried committing suicide.

FLR&@

imported post

Believe it or not in Illinois you have to bring a friend with you if you are renting a gun from the store to shoot. I don’t know if he rented the gun but one would assume....

Geoff

imported post

I suppose bringing a friend would help prevent suicides on range property, but it really could be considered discriminatory. Is that a state law, or just common practice there? About half the time I'm at a range, I go by myself. Heck, I like to practice alot more than most of my friends do.

Geoff

protias

imported post

Geoff wrote:
protias wrote:
Update, the guy died Sunday night.
Rumor has it the guy shot himself in the temple, so I'm surprised he even made it to the hospital.
He shot himself in the right cheek and the .22 exited the left side of his brain. Bob, Terry, and I forget who else was trying to keep him alive. When we had our Bullseye League dinner on Monday, Bob said he has not been sleeping well since the incident. I can't imagine anyone sleeping well after seeing something like that.