• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

so the TSA guy says to me.....

Tomahawk

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Agent 47 wrote:
It is kind of scary to think there was a hole in the security big enough to walk onto a plane with 100 rounds of ammunition. considering you can build a gun out of any number of everyday objects the ammo is what they should really be looking out for.
No, it's kinda scary that we are forced to be unarmed in such a target rich and captive environment.
Bingo.

Tomahawk

imported post

Francis Marion wrote:
It's time for this one again...

BurnsExcellentSticker.jpg

LovesHisXD45

imported post

ROFL! I love that one. Hey does anyone have the link for that funny "gun free zone" video where the bandit gets all bent out of shape because the signs won't let him rob people? lol I would love to send that one via e-mail to some friends and family for a good laugh.

Kevin

UtahJarhead

imported post

This got me thinking. Didn't Mythbusters do some tests about the ability of a bullet to cause explosive decompression at high altitudes and I thought they called BS on the idea?

Edit: Found it. http://mythbustersresults.com/episode10

Sure, it's not the smoking gun (pun totally intended!) but better than anything else I've ever heard. I'll gladly allow a bullet hole or 2 in a window versus the plane being used as a missile.

swillden

imported post

UtahJarhead wrote:
This got me thinking. Didn't Mythbusters do some tests about the ability of a bullet to cause explosive decompression at high altitudes and I thought they called BS on the idea?

Edit: Found it. http://mythbustersresults.com/episode10

Sure, it's not the smoking gun (pun totally intended!) but better than anything else I've ever heard. I'll gladly allow a bullet hole or 2 in a window versus the plane being used as a missile.
What's more, the experts they talked to pointed out that there are always various holes in airplanes, many significantly larger than a bullet hole. The plane automatically manages the flow of compressed air into the cabin to maintain pressure. Adding another hole or two not only doesn't cause "explosive" decompression, it doesn't even cause decompression at all! The plane just starts pumping a little more air in to make up for the slight increase in air out.

kdt1970

imported post

UtahJarhead wrote:

The probelm i had with this test, was the fact that the plane didnt have wind rushing buy its metal skin at 400-500 miles an hour across the hole.

I also worked as a aircraft fueler at the SLC Airport and have seen my share of holes, but nothing like a hole a bullet would leave. all of the holes I have seen were smooth and usually from a missing screw.