• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The law on a page

Swampwood

imported post

Louisiana Open Carry Law

I think a great start/help would be educating the officers of this state.

I wish we could come up with a nice single page flyer of the open carry law(and with a paragraph in plane English on what it means) that could be posted here for us to copy....Print at home and then we could all distribute at our local police stations..Thus giving everyone the MEMO.

I think this would be big step in helping us all. I personally don't have the time, skill or knowledge to make this:? But.. I sure would go to 3 police stations and post/distribute it.

LA Gun Owners
Any takers?

Louisiana Carry

imported post

Swampwood wrote:
Louisiana Open Carry Law

I think a great start/help would be educating the officers of this state.

I wish we could come up with a nice single page flyer of the open carry law(and with a paragraph in plane English on what it means) that could be posted here for us to copy....Print at home and then we could all distribute at our local police stations..Thus giving everyone the MEMO.

I think this would be big step in helping us all. I personally don't have the time, skill or knowledge to make this:? But.. I sure would go to 3 police stations and post/distribute it.

LA Gun Owners
Any takers?

We are in the process of developing a packet for all the CLEOs outlining pertinent gun laws in an easy to read format as we speak. By we I mean LOCAL. It is no small project, what with all the cost, postage, printing, organizing names of recipients, etc. One thing anyone can do to help is donate to hep cover postage. Keep an eye on http://laopencarry.org for further volunteer opportunities to forward this endeavor as they become available.

Good idea, that is to say.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Strange - they both (your post and mine) work for me. Just checked them.

Yata hey

Swampwood

imported post

It worked that way thanks! That is very nice, would definitely like to see similar one for LA. But also would want a shorter, more basic one for some of the meatheads around here with poor reading skills and bad attitudes;)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Swampwood wrote:
It worked that way thanks! That is very nice, would definitely like to see similar one for LA. But also would want a shorter, more basic one for some of the meatheads around here with poor reading skills and bad attitudes;)
Send a PM to user "Ed" and ask him for a link to the free (first order) business cards and maybe an attachment photo of the ones he presently has.

I will try and remember to copy and download one of the VCDL info cards - they are about the size of two playing cards.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Here is the VCDL info card - printed front & back - you may have to enlarge it to read it.

If you would like a couple of "hard copies" PM me your address if you are comfortable doing so and I will mail them to you.

Yata hey

imported post

Swampwood wrote:
It's rather simple.
Find ONE good attorney who WILL take this matter all the way through a federal civil rights suit, your meathead thugs with less-than-average reading skills will learn just fine after a jury of their peers who CAN read explain it to them in no uncertain terms. But I doubt if this will do anything to alter their egos/attitudes.

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Swampwood wrote:
It's rather simple.
Find ONE good attorney who WILL take this matter all the way through a federal civil rights suit, your meathead thugs with less-than-average reading skills will learn just fine after a jury of their peers who CAN read explain it to them in no uncertain terms. But I doubt if this will do anything to alter their egos/attitudes.

Here you are again putting people down for their actions to support the Second Amendment anyway they can. Just look at all your negative posts "comments" when people try to do something.

I do agree with your civil rights suit idea, but why do you not do it yourself or get others to assist you ? Rather than just whining about what others are doing across the Nation.

imported post

First things first: most here are not supporting the 2nd amendment.
The 2nd amendment is about keeping government in line.
Most here are only trying to keep away the burglar/mugger/rapist.

Actually, my last post was very positive. I explained exactly how you DO teach rogue "law enforcement officers" to obey both the law and their oaths of office.

"Do it myself?" LOL, I wish I had a dollar for every phone call made looking for a real gun attorney, I'd be rich. Instead of splintering the effort, this concept of securing ONE attorney should be combined amongst the several states. Louisiana is walking backwards in that respect.

"Whining?" Seems you're the one whining here.............

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

So MEM is there any other good way to promote RKBA except your way?

Are all other efforts, small or big, contemptible?

No one has ever learned to run, without talking the first step - no matter how small.

No reading program begins with Atlas Shrugged or War and Peace.

That and we belong to a society, which includes OCDO particularly, where dialogue without animosity or condescending attitudes have distinct benefits. People learn more and better in a user friendly environment.

Yata hey

4angrybadgers

imported post

Newsflash, Mark... both methods have their respective uses, and can work together.

"Preemptive" actions: Create, print out, and disseminate the handouts detailing federal/state laws and cases. Hopefully at least a few LEOs are educated, and if we're lucky a lot of them will be enlightened as to the truth. The ideal outcome is that every LEO takes it to heart and never causes problems for any OCer. Probably won't happen, but it's worth the effort, even if we only have partial success.

Reactive actions: If someone is hassled for lawfully OCing, then build a case and pursue the rogue LEOs in court.

See? Instead of putting people down for trying to educate the law enforcement agencies proactively, work with us. If we can avoid problems by educating even just a handful of officers before they try to curbstomp an OCer, it's a better outcome for all than just waiting like vultures for something to happen so we can sue them.

imported post

First of all, it's not "my" way, but a better way invented by others who've gone before me. Unlike most here, I'm more than willing to learn from others with a proven track record or a concept which has been proven.

Since the state constitution already agrees we have a right to OC, there's no need to crawl. Stand up on your hind legs like a man and walk with your head up.

If others want to stay in kindergarten, start a class for them, this is the big leagues, put your big girl panties on if you want to open carry.

imported post

Educating LEO's:
How many times will it take before you guys learn?
One or two well-executed civil suits in federal court will SHOUT a lot louder than some silly-arsed piece of paper, especially if you can hit them in a personal capacity.

4angrybadgers

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Educating LEO's:
How many times will it take before you guys learn?
One or two well-executed civil suits in federal court will SHOUT a lot louder than some silly-arsed piece of paper, especially if you can hit them in a personal capacity.
Go for it, then. Sue away.

You say "how many times will it take to learn"... Have you even tried any sort of proactive education? If you haven't, then you can't say it won't work.

Personally, I'd rather at least try the easier route. If I can educate LEOs with a paper, versus costing myself a lot of headache and money, I'll take the former. I have a family to support with my money, and it doesn't grow on trees.

barf

imported post

The latest post by "MEM is still my hernia" is classic mem-style writing and mem-like use of the English language.

Don't be fooled - IT IS MEM!

Don't feed his ego by replying.