• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The law on a page

Revolver_Ocelot

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
First things first: most here are not supporting the 2nd amendment.
The 2nd amendment is about keeping government in line.
Most here are only trying to keep away the burglar/mugger/rapist.
One: I support the 2nd amendment.
Two: I agree that at least one purpose of the 2nd amendment is to keep government in line.
Three: Keeping the BG's at bay is EXACTLY why I carry a gun. I don't carry to make a political statement. I don't feel I should have to.

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

Actually, my last post was very positive. I explained exactly how you DO teach rogue "law enforcement officers" to obey both the law and their oaths of office.

"Do it myself?" LOL, I wish I had a dollar for every phone call made looking for a real gun attorney, I'd be rich. Instead of splintering the effort, this concept of securing ONE attorney should be combined amongst the several states. Louisiana is walking backwards in that respect.

"Whining?" Seems you're the one whining here.............

Okay this is the Lawyer you are looking for , the only law firm listed on the Montana Shooting Sports Association web site (the most proactive 2A organization in the USA).

http://www.montanalawyer.com/

http://www.mtssa.org/

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Revolver_Ocelot wrote:
One: I support the 2nd amendment.
Two: I agree that at least one purpose of the 2nd amendment is to keep government in line.
Three: Keeping the BG's at bay is EXACTLY why I carry a gun. I don't carry to make a political statement. I don't feel I should have to.
Welcome to the forum.

Most of us here appreciate the support from all levels of participation.

In the politically charged world we live in, carrying a gun has become, in and of itself, a "political statement" to many.

Trust that you will continue to carry responsibly and profit by your association with OCDO.

Yata hey

aadvark

imported post

Here is a phrase:

Revised Statute 14:95 says that Open Carry of a Loaded Firearm is Legal as long as:

1. You do not Conceal it, and

2. You are not an Enemy Alien, and

3. You do not have explosives like a Thief or Burglar, and

4. You do not have a 'Switch-Blade' Knife, and

5. You do not go to a School/School Property/School Building/School Bus.

Remember, Felons can not have Firearms and it is Illegal to use a Firearm to commit a Felony!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

aadvark wrote:
Here is a phrase:

Revised Statute 14:95 says that Open Carry of a Loaded Firearm is Legal as long as:

1. You do not Conceal it, and

2. You are not an Enemy Alien, and

3. You do not have explosives like a Thief or Burglar, and

4. You do not have a 'Switch-Blade' Knife, and

5. You do not go to a School/School Property/School Building/School Bus.

Remember, Felons can not have Firearms and it is Illegal to use a Firearm to commit a Felony!
Generally when quoting or paraphrasing a statute it is incumbent to provide a link to such.

I understand that others here may be familiar with this section, but not everybody is so informed as to the specifics and nuances. Each state as different wording = meaning.

Yata hey

Swampwood

imported post

Thanks

Has anyone found a Lawyer that would take on a suit vs. a City or LEO for violating this right? That would not be fun.