• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CHL renewal from WCSO

Ruger9mm

imported post

I've heard that some counties instantly renew your license. Just wanted to know if anyone knows if that is how Washington County does it.

Cremator75

imported post

I just got my renewal form for WA County for the third time. You have to call and make an appointment, fill out most of the application again and now bring proof of citizenship (but only once, not next time). My last two renewals lasted about 15 minutes. I assume this time will not be any different since they made my appointment only 6 days before mine expires.

DenWin

imported post

Got mine running again last time I was home. It is and it isn't. The receipt saying you paid is proof that you are valid (at least for me, mine was expired when I renewed) and they'll mail you a new one in the mail. Took about three days to get the license via snail mail. (And I ask again, if they can do updates on site and print out a new license, why can't they do it with renewals???? :banghead: )

Cremator75

imported post

Maybe they have changed the process from the last time I renewed mine and it was given to me right away. I'll find out in a couple weeks.

Ruger9mm

imported post

Mine had been expired for a while and it was a transfer from another county so that may have delayed it.