• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An open invitation, let's get some grub people.

LuvmyXD9

imported post

Well since it's obvious some of us butt heads here, I'd figure it's time to have a mini open carry event.

I would like to get to know some of you better, put things face to face and of course talk guns and politics (<3 for anyone with a 1911, especially if original). Whatever subject anyone would like.

I am located in Tempe.....I'd love to have this conversation over something like bar food or something of that nature. Native new yorker, the vine, something of that nature.

When do you guys usually get together. I'm sure some of you would love to butt heads :p. I'm thinking on an evening, perhaps a friday or saturday sometime this month?

It'll be easy to spot me, I'll probably be the only unarmed person there. Damn tuition :(

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I'd do it... but I'm a bit far southwest. That'd be equal to drivin to NYC from Baltimore.

protector84

imported post

I would recommend instead that you try the planned OC dinner happening on Sat. Jan 23 at 6:00 pm at the Golden Corral on Northern Ave. For exact address, see the OC Dinner PHX thread in this same Arizona category. Since you have never attended one of these events yet and are passionate about your ideas, I would recommend showing up. Despite the arguing on these online forums, everybody keeps it very civil during the dinner itself. If you don't currently have a gun, you can OC anything else such as a knife or you don't have to OC anything at all although we do recommend it as this is the purpose of the event. You certainly are not required to, however. Please let us know or just show up.