• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone from the Saline Area?

Smithc11369

imported post

I would like to get to know some people from around my area. I just learned of the Sharronville Shooting Range and I would like to have more people to go out and shoot with me as well as have some new friends that are not against the right to defend ourselves. Nobody in my family understands why I would want to carry a gun or even shoot a gun. Let me know if your interested in meeting up out the range sometime.

EM87

imported post

Smithc11369 wrote:
I would like to get to know some people from around my area. I just learned of the Sharronville Shooting Range and I would like to have more people to go out and shoot with me as well as have some new friends that are not against the right to defend ourselves. Nobody in my family understands why I would want to carry a gun or even shoot a gun. Let me know if your interested in meeting up out the range sometime.

I'm from Ann Arbor originally but moved to Saline about 8 or 9 years ago with my family. I now live in Kalamazoo for school, but my family still lives in Saline.

Not exactly the answer you were looking for (because I'm not there currently, so no shooting buddy) but perhaps if I'm home for a few days I could contact you to go shooting or something.

Zukirider

imported post

Smithc11369 wrote:
Not from saline but the west side of ann arbor, and likewise my family has no interest and gives me the same"why do you need that thing its just dangerous" but i would be glad to meet up for a shoot some time or just go to lunch open carrying i dont have to many buddys that are able and willing to OC send me a PM we can get together some time

kyleplusitunes

imported post

Zukirider wrote:
Smithc11369 wrote:
Not from saline but the west side of ann arbor, and likewise my family has no interest and gives me the same"why do you need that thing its just dangerous" but i would be glad to meet up for a shoot some time or just go to lunch open carrying i dont have to many buddys that are able and willing to OC send me a PM we can get together some time

tell them it's only dangerous if you're a bad guy!

Zukirider

imported post

What gets me is that my moms front door was kicked in by 2 BG's last year while she was at home in bed and the came into her bedroom as she is hidding in herbathroom yet still doesnt belive in a home defence weapon, good thing i live a mile down the road and was on the phone with her as soon as she heard the noise and very lucky for BG's they fled as soon as they heard my mom yelling because had they been there wheni got there i could have gone very different

mudvr1212

imported post

I live in Monroe. We could meet somewhere in Dundee sometime and go to lunch.

I could always go up to Ann Arbor though...better food selection. Hotter women also:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

SpringerXDacp

imported post

mudvr1212 wrote:
I live in Monroe. We could meet somewhere in Dundee sometime and go to lunch.

I could always go up to Ann Arbor though...better food selection. Hotter women also:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
March 19th, 20th & 21st at Cabela's would be an excellent time for youtwo to meet up.

mudvr1212

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
mudvr1212 wrote:
I live in Monroe. We could meet somewhere in Dundee sometime and go to l........................................................unch.
I could always go u.p to Ann Arbor though...better food selection. Hotter women also:celebrate...:celebrate:celebrate
March 19th, 20th & 21st at Cabela's would be an excellent time for youtwo to meet up.

I was actually planning on being there that weekend anyway.

Smithc11369

imported post

Do any of you guys ever go out to the Sharonville Shooting Range out in Manchester? That's the only shooting range I've really been to since I've gotten into guns. If you know of any others that are cool (and free) to shoot at let me know.

mudvr1212

imported post

It's not range, but I know people that own land and I shoot over there quite a bit.

Good thing about that is, I can practice how I want to without anyone complaining.

Smithc11369

imported post

Well do you know of anyone that owns property that would let me come shoot? I like shooting out at the range but after a while, all the rules and stuff make it not as much fun. I would like to start firing a pistol soon and I would like to pull from a holster and rapid fire but you can't do that kind of stuff out at the range. If someone didn't mind visitors on their property to shoot, that would be cool.

Adame24

imported post

I will be attending the University of Michigan next year. What are the gun laws like in Ann Arbor. I assume public opposition is strong? Do you know if you can store guns at the Ann Arbor police station? What about shooting ranges?

Thanks,

Adam

Zukirider

imported post

you do need to be careful in ann arbor, as a good part of downtown ann arbor is UM property and ALL UM property is GUN FREE otherwise i have had little problem carrying OC or CC in ann arbor

Zukirider

imported post

Adame24 wrote:
I will be attending the University of Michigan next year. What are the gun laws like in Ann Arbor. I assume public opposition is strong? Do you know if you can store guns at the Ann Arbor police station? What about shooting ranges?

Thanks,

Adam
Also, mill creek in dexter has a indoor range and they do allow OC there, its a couple old timers that run the place and there are very nice there. as for storing your guns at the police station i have not heard anything about that, and like i said in my previous post guns on campus are banned so i dont know what your living arangments are going to be but i would take that into consideration if you would like to keep guns at your residence

Adame24

imported post

I will be living in campus housing next year (mandated by the school). However if they don't offer gun storage, which I am certain they do not can you suggest another method of storage. Does this gun range you speak of have storage lockers?

Adam

Zukirider

imported post

Adame24 wrote:
I will be living in campus housing next year (mandated by the school). However if they don't offer gun storage, which I am certain they do not can you suggest another method of storage. Does this gun range you speak of have storage lockers?

Adam
i stopped by mill creek today to check and see if they had onsite gun storage and they do they say its roughly 10$ a month for 1 gun and depending how many you bring they will negoiate a price for more, if interested contact Ray Kroske at mill creek the # 734-426-3445