• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am looking for links

MatieA

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
I dont think she is cheating.

Some of us have been helping this guy from britain? on a paper he was working on for school. It turned out to be a really great thread.

ummm :what:, HE please. Wrong plumbing for she.

:lol:

MatieA

imported post

I have finished my paper and submitted it to my Instructor today and decided to post it hereso thatthose interested can read it. I will let those that have asked to know my final grade what my grade is on the paper after I find out myself.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good paper. Let us know what grade you get on it.

As a constructive critique, I would like to have seen a few more anti-OC arguments presented with counter arguments that cut the anti-OC statements off at the knees.

Example:

One argument that we always hear against OC usually comes from the staunch CC only crowd. They contend that if you are present during an armed robbery attempt, while OCing, you will be the first person shot. Theoretically, this "could" happen, if the perpetrator sees you before he/she begins to initiate the crime. However, there is no statistical evidence to indicate that this has been happening.

So far, we only know of 2 incidents of a crime occuring in the presence of an OCer. In both events, it appears that the perpetrators may not have seen the OCers' gun before they began the attack.

There are other examples, but I think you get my drift.

MatieA

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Good paper. Let us know what grade you get on it.

As a constructive critique, I would like to have seen a few more anti-OC arguments presented with counter arguments that cut the anti-OC statements off at the knees.

Example:

One argument that we always hear against OC usually comes from the staunch CC only crowd. They contend that if you are present during an armed robbery attempt, while OCing, you will be the first person shot. Theoretically, this "could" happen, if the perpetrator sees you before he/she begins to initiate the crime. However, there is no statistical evidence to indicate that this has been happening.

So far, we only know of 2 incidents of a crime occuring in the presence of an OCer. In both events, it appears that the perpetrators may not have seen the OCers' gun before they began the attack.

There are other examples, but I think you get my drift.
There were a lot of things that I wish that I had the time to research properly to include in my paper, but I ended up having to go with what you see. Too many things going on around here right now to afford me the time to write this paper the way I wish I could have. I have another writing class coming up in about 6 months and I plan to do more research and be prepared to wite a similar but much more in depth paper for that class. Some things that I wanted to include were not feasible simply because the source was not deemed credible by acedemia standards.

MatieA

imported post

I got a 290 out of 300 on the paper. She told me that I lost points on not thoroughly presenting a solution.

Still an A and finished the class with an A :celebrate.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MatieA wrote:
I got a 290 out of 300 on the paper. She told me that I lost points on not thoroughly presenting a solution.

Still an A and finished the class with an A :celebrate.

Good going! :celebrate

I'm curious though, what was she wanting a solution for?

MatieA

imported post

A solution for the issue of open carry. I am pretty sure I gave my solution, but maybe I worded it wrong and she didn't understand :?.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MatieA wrote:
A solution for the issue of open carry. I am pretty sure I gave my solution, but maybe I worded it wrong and she didn't understand :?.

Ah, well, maybe she assumed that there was a "problem" with OC and therefore required a "solution."

I think you pretty well addressed some of the myths about OC, with facts.

Then again, if she has anti-gun leanings, you probably would never be able to present a "solution" that she would recognize.