• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OR and UT Concealed Classes in Jan/Feb/Mar

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thought I would pass along informationfor the UT class as well as the OR class being held at the Lacey Cabela's.

I will be taking the Jan 24th Oregon class. I am originally from Vancouver and have an friends in the Portland area, as well as my parents have their second home in Sister's OR near Bend. So it will be nice to be legal down that way, since their state's pre-emption is not so good.

Jan 24th, Feb 28th, Mar 28th

Oregon Concealed Handgun License Course
NRA Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor Mr. Jason DuVal will cover all necessary and relevant information to satisfy the State of Oregon's training requirements to obtain an Oregon Concealed Handgun License (OCHL). Students do not bring firearms to class. At the end of the course, students will be presented a certificate of completion to apply for the OCHL. Class size LIMITED. $35.00 registration. Pre-payment required to reserve seating. Payment / registration at class dependant upon seating availability. Mail to: Liberty Training Group, 3760 Market St. NE, Suite 262, Salem, OR 97301. Questions: Call 503-385-1137.
Sunday, 4:00-7:00 p.m.
Location: Chinook Classroom next to Cascades Grill Restaurant.

or

Jan 26th, Feb 16th, Mar 16th

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit for Non-Residents
Good in 30 states! Obtain your Utah Concealed Firearm Permit in this three hour class presented by Concealed Firearms Certified Instructor, Mr. Kevin Faherty, LPI. Class includes ALL requirements for the Utah CFP Application in order to receive your concealed handgun permit� class instruction, fingerprinting, notary, passport photo and one pre-printed non-stamped envelope to BCI, State of Utah. Reserve your seat now. $70 Prepay through Paypal on-line at http://www.CFPUTAH.com or $90 at the door. An additional $65.25 payable to BCI, State of Utah, is submitted / mailed with the completed class documentation to process application and receive Utah CFP.
Tuesday, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Location: Chinook Classroom next to Cascades Grill Restaurant.

http://www.cabelas.com/lacey-washington-store.shtml?cm_mmc=Netcon-_-LocalGoogleMaps-_-LaceyWA-_-LaceyWA

Live Free or Die!

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Was not impressed with the instructor. He is a definite CC guy.

He actually told the classs that if you were in Safeway and reached up high on a shelf and your weapon showed you could be cited for "Brandishing" here in Washington.

His TSA info is very lacking.

The class was 20 mins of paperwork, 5 mins of finger printing and 1 hr 35 mins of things that you could have read. Lots of basic weapon common sense stuff, handling, loading, unloading, shooting stance.

However 30 state carry makes up for the time lost.

W9GFO

imported post

Yes, I agree. He also indicated that OCing in downtown Seattle was unlawful.

Can someone point out the RCW that makes it unlawful for a WA resident to CC with a Utah CFP if they do not have a WA CPL?

olywarick

imported post

The best I can find on short notice is this from the AG's concealed carry site (http://www.atg.wa.gov/page.aspx?id=2334)

"...If the above conditions are met, the concealed weapons permit of an out-of-state resident will be recognized in Washington as long as the permit holder does not become a resident of Washington State. "

Rick Walker

Utah Concealed Carry Instructor

The Marksman

Champion Arms

Cascade Rifle and Pistol Club

Capitol City Rifle and Pistol Club

And my four hour class is all class. No one has gone away saying they didn't learn anything. Use of force, de-escalation, legal issues all are covered in detail.

www.blackdawgpartners.com

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't fault the guy to much for his lack of knowledge of WA law since he's an Oregon Resident and teaching a UTAH class, not a Washington Class. It's often difficult to keep things like that straight when you have so many states in your head. Since that wasn't what I was there for I just ignored the errors.

After the UTAH class he allowed anyone that wanted to to stay for an additional 10 minutes (and $20) for an Oregon Certificate.

Two birds with one stone, now to find a county sheriff in OR that issues to non-residents. He suggested Grant County (Bend).

CmptrGuru

imported post

I'm getting mine in Columbia County - Saint Helens.

Of course I went to school with the County Sheriff and he goes hunting with the family that lived next door to me while growing up.