Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: OC Breakfast before the Gunshow,,,,,NOT

  1. #1
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post





    Others did have breakfast but not belonging to the Elite Group of OC'ers (those who conceal), I ate elsewhere.

    It's understandable that they only allow Legal Permit Holders. Some Horrid Black Kid came in the other day.....with a gun in his pants:shock:

  2. #2
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,319

    Post imported post

    What about those who are illegally concealing? Will they be asked to leave? :quirky
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  4. #4
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358

    Post imported post

    So, was that kid an issue because he was OCing, or because he didn't have a "restaurant-approved" holster? I didn;t realise that the VA Health Department had regulatory jurisdiction over firearms holsters...

    Or maybe, just MAYBE, it was because he was black?

    Gun Control is RACISM. Plain and simple. Some of these folks don't mind guns, they just don't want the "wrong types" carrying them around. I see this all the time in NC too, and have actually had a few gun store owners and uniformed officers tell me, when discussing OC, that "well, there are SOME folks that we probably don't want to carry in our city, even if it is legal..." And you KNOW who those "some folks" really are. "Some" is just a euphemism for "non-white"...

    Maybe the next time an OC group meets at that restaurant, they should wear white sheets on their heads. Maybe THEN the staff would be more comfortable with the idea of OC. :shock:

    The REAL reason we shouldn't patronize this restaurant isn't because they don't allow carry--it's because they are discriminating against OC'ers based on the color of their skin. The need to know that there were laws passed in 1964 that prohibit that sort of behavior.

    The Bill of Rights is color-blind!
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    Dreamer wrote:
    So, was that kid an issue because he was OCing, or because he didn't have a "restaurant-approved" holster? I didn;t realise that the VA Health Department had regulatory jurisdiction over firearms holsters...

    Or maybe, just MAYBE, it was because he was black?

    Gun Control is RACISM. Plain and simple. Some of these folks don't mind guns, they just don't want the "wrong types" carrying them around. I see this all the time in NC too, and have actually had a few gun store owners and uniformed officers tell me, when discussing OC, that "well, there are SOME folks that we probably don't want to carry in our city, even if it is legal..." And you KNOW who those "some folks" really are. "Some" is just a euphemism for "non-white"...

    Maybe the next time an OC group meets at that restaurant, they should wear white sheets on their heads. Maybe THEN the staff would be more comfortable with the idea of OC. :shock:

    The REAL reason we shouldn't patronize this restaurant isn't because they don't allow carry--it's because they are discriminating against OC'ers based on the color of their skin. The need to know that there were laws passed in 1964 that prohibit that sort of behavior.

    The Bill of Rights is color-blind!
    We didn't get that far. I raised hell and left.

    This is a very old, well established business and it will take some doing to take a big chunk of their business, I got a little of it today and I'm not sure if they're doing well enough to take a lot of loss.

    We have a conflict of rights in these situations. They have a perfect right to ban guns in any way they like. I wholeheartedly support that right.

    I on the other hand, have an equally important right to not do business with and try to convince others to take their business where they are respected and wanted.

    From the brief conversation with the waitress, the kid (Her words) didn't do anything illegal. A couple of customers were concerned.

    I spoke to a couple of nearby businesses that go there for lunch and they agree that it is important to boycott. Thankfully, this is a gun friendly area and mostly because it is so near some VERY BAD sections.

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,848

    Post imported post

    peter nap wrote:
    http://news.oldva.org/blogroll/blair...goes-anti-gun/
    It’s Saturday and when I’m not at the farm, I try to have breakfast/brunch with fellow gun owners. We Open Carry. For some, it’s a way to allow the public to see that it’s legal. For people like myself, that don’t want permission to carry a gun, it’s the only legal way to do it.

    Just to remind the readers, Open carry is perfectly legal in Virginia WITHOUT A PERMIT!

    Today there is a gunshow and the powers that be decided on breakfast at Blairs Drugstore as a meeting spot before the show.

    When I arrived, I saw a hand written sign on the door saying No guns except police and “Legal Concealed permit holders”, Just what in the hell is a legal permit? Is there a rash of forgeries going around?

    I went in, mad and still wearing my gun. I needed a pack of cigaretts and started to get some but the woman at the counter was coughing, sneezing and wiping her nose on her sleeve, so I passed.

    I went back to the restaurant area where my wife and several OC’res (With legal permits) were sitting. The waitress came by and I told her I didn’t want to eat in an Anti establishment.

    She said they weren’t anti gun but “Some Kid” had come in the other day…with a gun in his pants. I didn’t ask why they were looking in his pants.

    There wasn’t any threat or robbery, just someone legally Open Carrying.

    That’s pretty much the end of the story. I left and went to the Gunshow then ate at a gun friendly establishment.

    In keeping with Old Virginia’s “ZERO TOLERANCE” policy, I’d like to remind all our members that Blair’s is now on the “Do Not Patronize” list.
    I am having trouble understanding some things.

    - you saw the sign.. you were armed (and not a CHP holder?) and you went in anyway against the sign you noticed and photographed?

    - It seems that their being "anti" is a little strong. They probably need to just be talked to in a non abraisive fasion and "gently educated"


    Carry On.

    Ed

    VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

  7. #7
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    ed wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    I am having trouble understanding some things.

    - you saw the sign.. you were armed (and not a CHP holder?) and you went in anyway against the sign you noticed and photographed?

    Yep, sure did!
    Stood in line at the cigarette counter for a minute, then went back toi get my wife. Listened to Skidmarks explanation as to why we were having breakfast in an Anti restaurant, ordered a cup of coffee while telling the waitress how I wasn't going to eat in an Anti place. Walked out to the car, put my gun in it. Went to 7-11 and got cigarettes.

    Came back, took the picture and went back in long enough to give their coffee back and went back out.....for good> Put my gun back on and went to the gunshow.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    636

    Post imported post

    peter nap wrote:

    "I spoke to a couple of nearby businesses that go there for lunch and they agree that it is important to boycott. Thankfully, this is a gun friendly area and mostly because it is so near some VERY BAD sections."



    Would you be kind enough to share your information as to what defines VERY BAD area.

    To me the area seems very docile and has seen better days. Some large buildings are empty but so are other large buildings in the metro Richmond area. The streets are paved, the traffic lights work and perhaps it is not the richest part of Henrico County but then nothing in the east end is really wealthy or looks that way. I've seen a traffic crash or two (mostly during race weekend) on my travels through the area.

  9. #9
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,613

    Post imported post

    ed wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    http://news.oldva.org/blogroll/blair...goes-anti-gun/
    It’s Saturday and when I’m not at the farm, I try to have breakfast/brunch with fellow gun owners. We Open Carry. For some, it’s a way to allow the public to see that it’s legal. For people like myself, that don’t want permission to carry a gun, it’s the only legal way to do it.

    Just to remind the readers, Open carry is perfectly legal in Virginia WITHOUT A PERMIT!

    Today there is a gunshow and the powers that be decided on breakfast at Blairs Drugstore as a meeting spot before the show.

    When I arrived, I saw a hand written sign on the door saying No guns except police and “Legal Concealed permit holders”, Just what in the hell is a legal permit? Is there a rash of forgeries going around?

    I went in, mad and still wearing my gun. I needed a pack of cigaretts and started to get some but the woman at the counter was coughing, sneezing and wiping her nose on her sleeve, so I passed.

    I went back to the restaurant area where my wife and several OC’res (With legal permits) were sitting. The waitress came by and I told her I didn’t want to eat in an Anti establishment.

    She said they weren’t anti gun but “Some Kid” had come in the other day…with a gun in his pants. I didn’t ask why they were looking in his pants.

    There wasn’t any threat or robbery, just someone legally Open Carrying.

    That’s pretty much the end of the story. I left and went to the Gunshow then ate at a gun friendly establishment.

    In keeping with Old Virginia’s “ZERO TOLERANCE” policy, I’d like to remind all our members that Blair’s is now on the “Do Not Patronize” list.
    I am having trouble understanding some things.

    - you saw the sign.. you were armed (and not a CHP holder?) and you went in anyway against the sign you noticed and photographed?

    - It seems that their being "anti" is a little strong. They probably need to just be talked to in a non abraisive fasion and "gently educated"
    The guns "unfriendly list" is generally for businesses that outright ban guns, but I do understand from whence you are coming Peter.

    I think that in this case we may be throwing the baby out with the bath water a bit too soon. It is my intention to talk to them sometime the first of the week (closed on Sunday) and see if there is not an amicable solution.

    If they ultimately still feel that a sign of some sort will help their liberal customers, I would like to suggest to them a NO ILLEGAL GUNS sign - that satisfies both worlds. We shall see and I will let you know how it goes.

    Peter - go to the farm and stay there until I call you. :P

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,613

    Post imported post

    Post clock is screwed up - I am logged in and the posts immediately above are an hour into the future + I posted after reading them! My post should have appeared here.

    See my post above at 9:54 PM please.

    Yata hey

    The clock is fixed now.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  11. #11
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot wrote:
    ed wrote: The guns "unfriendly list" is generally for businesses that outright ban guns, but I do understand from whence you are coming Peter.
    Not really Grape. When a business bans everyone but CHP holders, they banned me. That puts them on our GUL.

    This is the point I keep trying to make about permits. They are slowly replacing Virginians right to open carry.

    Luck with them!

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran T Dubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Va, ,
    Posts
    892

    Post imported post

    You know Peter I have read many of your posts and participated in some dialogue with you. I hope we can still be forum friends after what I'm about to say.



    You sound kind of like a butthole. It's their perogative to only allow patrons to carry that have been issued conceal carry permits.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

  13. #13
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    kenny wrote:
    peter nap wrote:

    "I spoke to a couple of nearby businesses that go there for lunch and they agree that it is important to boycott. Thankfully, this is a gun friendly area and mostly because it is so near some VERY BAD sections."



    Would you be kind enough to share your information as to what defines VERY BAD area.

    To me the area seems very docile and has seen better days. Some large buildings are empty but so are other large buildings in the metro Richmond area. The streets are paved, the traffic lights work and perhaps it is not the richest part of Henrico County but then nothing in the east end is really wealthy or looks that way. I've seen a traffic crash or two (mostly during race weekend) on my travels through the area.
    Sure, be happy to Kenny!

    Projects toward the city, projects behind, the swamp toward Hanover and interstate 64 nearby. Granted, more crime to the East but that section of Mechanicsville is the pipeline between Gilpin/Fairfield Courts, and Laburnum which takes them East and West.

    It looks empty for a reason!

    It's on the fringe of Hell.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    700

    Post imported post

    kenny wrote:
    peter nap wrote:

    "I spoke to a couple of nearby businesses that go there for lunch and they agree that it is important to boycott. Thankfully, this is a gun friendly area and mostly because it is so near some VERY BAD sections."



    Would you be kind enough to share your information as to what defines VERY BAD area.

    To me the area seems very docile and has seen better days. Some large buildings are empty but so are other large buildings in the metro Richmond area. The streets are paved, the traffic lights work and perhaps it is not the richest part of Henrico County but then nothing in the east end is really wealthy or looks that way. I've seen a traffic crash or two (mostly during race weekend) on my travels through the area.
    Will you ever get off your "O Richmond, Glorious Richmond" gig?

    Within the past two months spotcrime.com shows two shootings, eight assaults, and an armed robbery... in the vicinity around Blair's Drug Store.

    Are you keeping up with this act because you truly believe in your "travels through" (how fast were you driving?) that you've learned and seen enough to know that someone whose standards are based off of their living in a relatively crime/violent-crime free area shouldn't classify it as a very bad area?

  15. #15
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    T Dubya wrote:

    You sound kind of like a butthole. It's their perogative to only allow patrons to carry that have been issued conceal carry
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion T. In fact, I can be!

    I agree 100% that it's their right to do so...I''ll defend that right to my last breath.

    That doesn't mean I like it or that I'm going to let up on them one bit.
    Zero Tolerance means just that.

    If you want a permit state, you're entitled to work for it. Sarah Brady, Bloomberg, Kaine (and so on) have been after much the same thing for years.

    I am reminded of a conversation with my brother in law before the Assault Weapons ban. He was for it (He was also a dog hunter). He said no one needed to have an Assault Weapon.
    Good intentions and bad judgment give us a lot of bad laws.

    The truth is, I'm glad it happened. It made me make some hard decisions about a few upcoming bills, that I hate but had pretty well been cajoled into supporting.

  16. #16
    Regular Member kennys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ruther Glen Va
    Posts
    508

    Post imported post

    Curtis wrote:
    kenny wrote:
    peter nap wrote:

    "I spoke to a couple of nearby businesses that go there for lunch and they agree that it is important to boycott. Thankfully, this is a gun friendly area and mostly because it is so near some VERY BAD sections."



    Would you be kind enough to share your information as to what defines VERY BAD area.

    To me the area seems very docile and has seen better days. Some large buildings are empty but so are other large buildings in the metro Richmond area. The streets are paved, the traffic lights work and perhaps it is not the richest part of Henrico County but then nothing in the east end is really wealthy or looks that way. I've seen a traffic crash or two (mostly during race weekend) on my travels through the area.
    Will you ever get off your "O Richmond, Glorious Richmond" gig?

    Within the past two months spotcrime.com shows two shootings, eight assaults, and an armed robbery... in the vicinity around Blair's Drug Store.

    Are you keeping up with this act because you truly believe in your "travels through" (how fast were you driving?) that you've learned and seen enough to know that someone whose standards are based off of their living in a relatively crime/violent-crime free area shouldn't classify it as a very bad area?
    IMOA any area has the potential to be a bad area, let down your guard and things happen like in Texas or Va Tech. The area being bad or not should not matter as it pertains to lawful carry.

    Kenny even though you have new tires on your car and never travel down dirt roads, are you going to travel long distances without a spare tire?

  17. #17
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    I was discussing this with a gentleman at River City Diner last night. He is a School Teacher, is Black, his father was murdered in Richmond and he was active in the civil rights movement.

    He was a Blairs regular also...until last night.

    Banning guns is one thing. That calls for a boycott but not a war of words.

    Banning legally carrying OC'er but welcoming CHP holders whether OC'ing or CC'ing, is another matter entirely.

    The comment that was made to me was "It's just like the old days when a man could be barred from a business because of the color of his skin".

    Why is it worse for a business owner to tell people NO GUNS ON THE PROPERTY for employees, or a private school to say no guns by students or faculty...than it is for Blairs to say, no guns without the proper government approval.


  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    OK folks, here's the short story.

    Sumdood came in to the drugstorea few days before our scheduled brunchfest meeting and kept sweeping his shirt back showing off his gun. Some customer(s) noticed this -- could it be Sumdood was showing off to them? -- and brought it to the attention of the drugstore staff. The drugstore staff invited him to leave and posted the sign.

    Yes, it's a kneejerk reaction to a bad actor who has - probably temporarily - screwed it up for just about everybody. I'm going to let Grapeshot meet with the folks at Blair and see what happens.

    Peter - I understand your position and apologize for you not being informed ahead of time, but you were not on the official guest list so we did not think to call you ahead of time. It's your choice not to get a permission slip, and I support your position on why you do not. All I'd ask is that instead of being personally insulted by the folks at Blair's you would try to consider a calm discussion with them about how their response really does not provide the protection they thought it would. If I recall, you were the leader in getting Fuddruckers' to rethink their position after an even worse situation.

    I'm thinking this needs a few more days/weeks to see if a more favorable resolution can be achieved. One of the options that Tina and Jan (waitresses) offered was to have the customers frisked. I'd say that would be a good option, but the lines might get to be quite long unless Larry (head pharmacist) was doing the frisking.

    In the meantime, let me know if you need another body on the picket line. I'll gladly be there and will even go inside to get you coffee.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  19. #19
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,613

    Post imported post

    skidmark wrote:
    OK folks, here's the short story.

    Sumdood came in to the drugstorea few days before our scheduled brunchfest meeting and kept sweeping his shirt back showing off his gun. Some customer(s) noticed this -- could it be Sumdood was showing off to them? -- and brought it to the attention of the drugstore staff. The drugstore staff invited him to leave and posted the sign.

    Yes, it's a kneejerk reaction to a bad actor who has - probably temporarily - screwed it up for just about everybody. I'm going to let Grapeshot meet with the folks at Blair and see what happens.

    Peter - I understand your position and apologize for you not being informed ahead of time, but you were not on the official guest list so we did not think to call you ahead of time. It's your choice not to get a permission slip, and I support your position on why you do not. All I'd ask is that instead of being personally insulted by the folks at Blair's you would try to consider a calm discussion with them about how their response really does not provide the protection they thought it would. If I recall, you were the leader in getting Fuddruckers' to rethink their position after an even worse situation.

    I'm thinking this needs a few more days/weeks to see if a more favorable resolution can be achieved. One of the options that Tina and Jan (waitresses) offered was to have the customers frisked. I'd say that would be a good option, but the lines might get to be quite long unless Larry (head pharmacist) was doing the frisking.

    In the meantime, let me know if you need another body on the picket line. I'll gladly be there and will even go inside to get you coffee.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    +1

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    636

    Post imported post

    Curtis wrote:
    kenny wrote:
    peter nap wrote:

    "I spoke to a couple of nearby businesses that go there for lunch and they agree that it is important to boycott. Thankfully, this is a gun friendly area and mostly because it is so near some VERY BAD sections."



    Would you be kind enough to share your information as to what defines VERY BAD area.

    To me the area seems very docile and has seen better days. Some large buildings are empty but so are other large buildings in the metro Richmond area. The streets are paved, the traffic lights work and perhaps it is not the richest part of Henrico County but then nothing in the east end is really wealthy or looks that way. I've seen a traffic crash or two (mostly during race weekend) on my travels through the area.
    Will you ever get off your "O Richmond, Glorious Richmond" gig?

    Within the past two months spotcrime.com shows two shootings, eight assaults, and an armed robbery... in the vicinity around Blair's Drug Store.

    Are you keeping up with this act because you truly believe in your "travels through" (how fast were you driving?) that you've learned and seen enough to know that someone whose standards are based off of their living in a relatively crime/violent-crime free area shouldn't classify it as a very bad area?
    I'm sorry but the Henrico Police official crime site only show a total of 48 calls for service in that entire block for the last 12 months. More than half of those calls for service ended being unfounded, unfounded/no report.

    Sorry but your unknown data site must be wrong. Granted not all crime is reported but I have a tendency to believe an official site rather than some magic internet site. Look under the Public Crime Data of the Henrico Police site. Just because you put it on the Internet does not make it true.

    BTW I use the 3600 block of Mechanicsville Turnpike and the last 12 months as my parameters.

    Also Blairs is located in Henrico County not in the city of Richmond.

  21. #21
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    kenny wrote:
    Curtis wrote:
    kenny wrote:
    peter nap wrote:

    "I spoke to a couple of nearby businesses that go there for lunch and they agree that it is important to boycott. Thankfully, this is a gun friendly area and mostly because it is so near some VERY BAD sections."



    Would you be kind enough to share your information as to what defines VERY BAD area.

    To me the area seems very docile and has seen better days. Some large buildings are empty but so are other large buildings in the metro Richmond area. The streets are paved, the traffic lights work and perhaps it is not the richest part of Henrico County but then nothing in the east end is really wealthy or looks that way. I've seen a traffic crash or two (mostly during race weekend) on my travels through the area.
    Will you ever get off your "O Richmond, Glorious Richmond" gig?

    Within the past two months spotcrime.com shows two shootings, eight assaults, and an armed robbery... in the vicinity around Blair's Drug Store.

    Are you keeping up with this act because you truly believe in your "travels through" (how fast were you driving?) that you've learned and seen enough to know that someone whose standards are based off of their living in a relatively crime/violent-crime free area shouldn't classify it as a very bad area?
    I'm sorry but the Henrico Police official crime site only show a total of 48 calls for service in that entire block for the last 12 months. More than half of those calls for service ended being unfounded, unfounded/no report.

    Sorry but your unknown data site must be wrong. Granted not all crime is reported but I have a tendency to believe an official site rather than some magic internet site. Look under the Public Crime Data of the Henrico Police site. Just because you put it on the Internet does not make it true.

    BTW I use the 3600 block of Mechanicsville Turnpike and the last 12 months as my parameters.

    Also Blairs is located in Henrico County not in the city of Richmond.
    That's good information Kenny, keep up the good work

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    700

    Post imported post

    kenny wrote:
    I'm sorry but the Henrico Police official crime site only show a total of 48 calls for service in that entire block for the last 12 months. More than half of those calls for service ended being unfounded, unfounded/no report.

    Sorry but your unknown data site must be wrong. Granted not all crime is reported but I have a tendency to believe an official site rather than some magic internet site. Look under the Public Crime Data of the Henrico Police site. Just because you put it on the Internet does not make it true.

    BTW I use the 3600 block of Mechanicsville Turnpike and the last 12 months as my parameters.

    Also Blairs is located in Henrico County not in the city of Richmond.
    Please don't try to shift the focus of the discussion by arguing semantics of where Blair's lies with regards to city and county lines proper.

    But as long as you are arguing semantics I'm sure you see the folly in that peter nap and I are talking of AREAS, broader than that of a one block radius, and you are comprising your search, as you claim, of a one block section.

    Lies next to areas that are bad vs. is on a block that is bad.

    Do you see what I'm getting at? Do you see what you are doing wrong?

    I guess you could do a lot of confined searches for each block in the broad area that spotcrime.com covered in its search and then compare the reports to your "O Henrico, Glorious Henrico" website. Or do you think it might come up that much is the same?

    Just because you use fancy wordplay and don't provide any substantial support to your claims other than what is basically a 'YOU ARE WRONG' statement doesn't make you correct.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    83

    Post imported post

    Curtis wrote:
    kenny wrote:
    I'm sorry but the Henrico Police official crime site only show a total of 48 calls for service in that entire block for the last 12 months. More than half of those calls for service ended being unfounded, unfounded/no report.

    Sorry but your unknown data site must be wrong. Granted not all crime is reported but I have a tendency to believe an official site rather than some magic internet site. Look under the Public Crime Data of the Henrico Police site. Just because you put it on the Internet does not make it true.

    BTW I use the 3600 block of Mechanicsville Turnpike and the last 12 months as my parameters.

    Also Blairs is located in Henrico County not in the city of Richmond.
    Please don't try to shift the focus of the discussion by arguing semantics of where Blair's lies with regards to city and county lines proper.

    But as long as you are arguing semantics I'm sure you see the folly in that peter nap and I are talking of AREAS, broader than that of a one block radius, and you are comprising your search, as you claim, of a one block section.

    Lies next to areas that are bad vs. is on a block that is bad.

    Do you see what I'm getting at? Do you see what you are doing wrong?

    I guess you could do a lot of confined searches for each block in the broad area that spotcrime.com covered in its search and then compare the reports to your "O Henrico, Glorious Henrico" website. Or do you think it might come up that much is the same?

    Just because you use fancy wordplay and don't provide any substantial support to your claims other than what is basically a 'YOU ARE WRONG' statement doesn't make you correct.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics" - Mark Twain

  24. #24
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    peter nap wrote:
    That's good information Kenny, keep up the good work
    Priceless!
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  25. #25
    Regular Member kennys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ruther Glen Va
    Posts
    508

    Post imported post

    Curtis wrote:
    kenny wrote:
    I'm sorry but the Henrico Police official crime site only show a total of 48 calls for service in that entire block for the last 12 months. More than half of those calls for service ended being unfounded, unfounded/no report.

    Sorry but your unknown data site must be wrong. Granted not all crime is reported but I have a tendency to believe an official site rather than some magic internet site. Look under the Public Crime Data of the Henrico Police site. Just because you put it on the Internet does not make it true.

    BTW I use the 3600 block of Mechanicsville Turnpike and the last 12 months as my parameters.

    Also Blairs is located in Henrico County not in the city of Richmond.
    Please don't try to shift the focus of the discussion by arguing semantics of where Blair's lies with regards to city and county lines proper.

    But as long as you are arguing semantics I'm sure you see the folly in that peter nap and I are talking of AREAS, broader than that of a one block radius, and you are comprising your search, as you claim, of a one block section.

    Lies next to areas that are bad vs. is on a block that is bad.

    Do you see what I'm getting at? Do you see what you are doing wrong?

    I guess you could do a lot of confined searches for each block in the broad area that spotcrime.com covered in its search and then compare the reports to your "O Henrico, Glorious Henrico" website. Or do you think it might come up that much is the same?

    Just because you use fancy wordplay and don't provide any substantial support to your claims other than what is basically a 'YOU ARE WRONG' statement doesn't make you correct.
    Curtis, Sounds like the semantics and word play he uses is similar to the tactis of the antis for justafing ofgun free zones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •