• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Breakfast before the Gunshow,,,,,NOT

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

kenny wrote:
Curtis wrote:
kenny wrote:
peter nap wrote:

"I spoke to a couple of nearby businesses that go there for lunch and they agree that it is important to boycott. Thankfully, this is a gun friendly area and mostly because it is so near some VERY BAD sections."

Would you be kind enough to share your information as to what defines VERY BAD area.

To me the area seems very docile and has seen better days. Some large buildings are empty but so are other large buildings in the metro Richmond area. The streets are paved, the traffic lights work and perhaps it is not the richest part of Henrico County but then nothing in the east end is really wealthy or looks that way. I've seen a traffic crash or two (mostly during race weekend) on my travels through the area.

Will you ever get off your "O Richmond, Glorious Richmond" gig?

Within the past two months spotcrime.com shows two shootings, eight assaults, and an armed robbery... in the vicinity around Blair's Drug Store.

Are you keeping up with this act because you truly believe in your "travels through" (how fast were you driving?) that you've learned and seen enough to know that someone whose standards are based off of their living in a relatively crime/violent-crime free area shouldn't classify it as a very bad area?

I'm sorry but the Henrico Police official crime site only show a total of 48 calls for service in that entire block for the last 12 months. More than half of those calls for service ended being unfounded, unfounded/no report.

Sorry but your unknown data site must be wrong. Granted not all crime is reported but I have a tendency to believe an official site rather than some magic internet site. Look under the Public Crime Data of the Henrico Police site. Just because you put it on the Internet does not make it true.

BTW I use the 3600 block of Mechanicsville Turnpike and the last 12 months as my parameters.

Also Blairs is located in Henrico County not in the city of Richmond.
That's good information Kenny, keep up the good work
aa.jpg

curtiswr

imported post

kenny wrote:
I'm sorry but the Henrico Police official crime site only show a total of 48 calls for service in that entire block for the last 12 months. More than half of those calls for service ended being unfounded, unfounded/no report.

Sorry but your unknown data site must be wrong. Granted not all crime is reported but I have a tendency to believe an official site rather than some magic internet site. Look under the Public Crime Data of the Henrico Police site. Just because you put it on the Internet does not make it true.

BTW I use the 3600 block of Mechanicsville Turnpike and the last 12 months as my parameters.

Please don't try to shift the focus of the discussion by arguing semantics of where Blair's lies with regards to city and county lines proper.

But as long as you are arguing semantics I'm sure you see the folly in that peter nap and I are talking of AREAS, broader than that of a one block radius, and you are comprising your search, as you claim, of a one block section.

Lies next to areas that are bad vs. is on a block that is bad.

Do you see what I'm getting at? Do you see what you are doing wrong?

I guess you could do a lot of confined searches for each block in the broad area that spotcrime.com covered in its search and then compare the reports to your "O Henrico, Glorious Henrico" website. Or do you think it might come up that much is the same?

Just because you use fancy wordplay and don't provide any substantial support to your claims other than what is basically a 'YOU ARE WRONG' statement doesn't make you correct.

VaLiberty

imported post

Curtis wrote:
kenny wrote:

Please don't try to shift the focus of the discussion by arguing semantics of where Blair's lies with regards to city and county lines proper.

But as long as you are arguing semantics I'm sure you see the folly in that peter nap and I are talking of AREAS, broader than that of a one block radius, and you are comprising your search, as you claim, of a one block section.

I guess you could do a lot of confined searches for each block in the broad area that spotcrime.com covered in its search and then compare the reports to your "O Henrico, Glorious Henrico" website. Or do you think it might come up that much is the same?

Just because you use fancy wordplay and don't provide any substantial support to your claims other than what is basically a 'YOU ARE WRONG' statement doesn't make you correct.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics" - Mark Twain

kennys

imported post

Curtis wrote:
kenny wrote:

Curtis, Sounds like the semantics and word play he uses is similar to the tactis of the antis for justafing ofgun free zones.

Infidel

imported post

skidmark wrote:
OK folks, here's the short story.

Sumdood came in to the drugstorea few days before our scheduled brunchfest meeting and kept sweeping his shirt back showing off his gun. Some customer(s) noticed this -- could it be Sumdood was showing off to them? -- and brought it to the attention of the drugstore staff. The drugstore staff invited him to leave and posted the sign.

Yes, it's a kneejerk reaction to a bad actor who has - probably temporarily - screwed it up for just about everybody. I'm going to let Grapeshot meet with the folks at Blair and see what happens.

Peter - I understand your position and apologize for you not being informed ahead of time, but you were not on the official guest list so we did not think to call you ahead of time. It's your choice not to get a permission slip, and I support your position on why you do not. All I'd ask is that instead of being personally insulted by the folks at Blair's you would try to consider a calm discussion with them about how their response really does not provide the protection they thought it would. If I recall, you were the leader in getting Fuddruckers' to rethink their position after an even worse situation.

I'm thinking this needs a few more days/weeks to see if a more favorable resolution can be achieved. One of the options that Tina and Jan (waitresses) offered was to have the customers frisked. I'd say that would be a good option, but the lines might get to be quite long unless Larry (head pharmacist) was doing the frisking.

In the meantime, let me know if you need another body on the picket line. I'll gladly be there and will even go inside to get you coffee.

stay safe.

skidmark
Skidmark, I tend to agree with Peter on this, I came from a state that requires permits for ALL firearms carry! Massachusettes requires one permit for shotgun, another for "low capacity", another for "high capacity", just to carry. And though it may be legal, police (that I knew and talked to)do not want to see it. In fact seeing an open carry could be cause to revoke a permit depending on the issueing departments chief and his views. Legislation no matter how intended always has a way of being twisted to suite the liberal point of view when we comprimise. Granted the CHP in Virginia does allow added locations one can go, it's not for everybody as in Peter's case. I just have not had the chance to get mine yet, and as such I will have to participate outside on Lobby Day. Peter your free to join me brother!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Stopped by there this afternoon and had informal, fact finding conversation - the person to whom I want to speak was not available. I have an informal appointment for tomorrow (Wed.) afternoon. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yata hey

kennys

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Stopped by there this afternoon and had informal, fact finding conversation - the person to whom I want to speak was not available. I have an informal appointment for tomorrow (Wed.) afternoon. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yata hey
I too tend to agree with nap on this, if they change their policythan I will be open to going there if not permit or not they will not receive my business.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

The City of Richmond, counties of Chesterfield, Henrico and others are all included in the Greater Richmond demographic area. Indeed it is difficult for the uninitiated/uninformed to know when they leave one municipality and enter another.

Many of us speak generically of "Richmond" in this sense.

The criminal element recognizes no such boundaries, but may frequently (so it seems) stay close to where they live.

Yata hey