• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Detroit Auto Show

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Venator wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
If the City of Detriot (unit of Government) owns COBO, there shouldn't be a case to begin with. The ownership would be the entire building not just part of it that may include the area considered to be an Entertainment Facility that's an otherwise prohibited area under Section 5o for CC. If COBO is subject to pre-emption, wouldn't Section 5o be invaild?
You have to follow state law, so entertainment facility, etc laws are state law. But with a CPL you can OC in those places in a governmental property.
Okay, but with other information provided in this thread, only part of COBO is an Entertainment Facility and the rest is a Sports Arena with separate entrances.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

I spoke with the Sgt. who is in charge of the Chief of Police' office. He is contacting the law department on our behalf to clarify the ownership/operating agreements with respect to Cobo Hall. He will have an answer on Monday if carrying is allowed. He stated with a laugh he wouldn't go to the show either unless he was carrying.

G

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
If anyone OC's make sure to have a video cam handy .. It would be quite popular on Youtube :dude:
Why don't you do it?

Oh tea, that's right, you don't believe it's lawful.:banghead:

Or do you want to wait for someone else to make it easier for YOU.

mikestilly

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
If anyone OC's make sure to have a video cam handy .. It would be quite popular on Youtube :dude:
Why don't you do it?

Why dont you do it Mr all talk and opinion and no action .. Maybe tou wont because it would be stupid because we all know what would happen. And if it happens that you're incorrect you'll F'up someones record but what do you care it's only someone else who'd be F'ed. Oh yeah and let me correct you I did not says it's lawful you did. I stated that as a leaseholder they can prohibit anyone they want from entering the autoshow.

G

imported post

mikesilly wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
mikesilly wrote:
Why don't you do it?

Why dont you do it Mr all talk and opinion and no action .. Maybe tou wont because it would be stupid because we all know what would happen. And if it happens that you're incorrect you'll F'up someones record but what do you care it's only someone else who'd be F'ed. Oh yeah and let me correct you I did not says it's lawful you did. I stated that as a leaseholder they can prohibit anyone they want from entering the autoshow.
I was doing this when you were still s*itting green. You don't know what I do or don't do and I don't have to answer to some piss-ant keyboard commando like you.

maustin195

imported post

I couldn't agree more with the lawyer you are refering to. About as anti OC as you can get.

G

imported post

maustin195 wrote:
I couldn't agree more with the lawyer you are refering to. About as anti OC as you can get.
Yet, at the same time he does agree that preemption applies.

G

imported post

maustin195 wrote:
He went on a rant last night. Called all us OCers a buch of *******s and told us to got to hell...go to ******g hell and rot there. Called out a bunch by name and then quit the crabgrass-roots forum.

All because he got called on his anti-OC bull*hit.

Of course admin goes cleaning up the carnage afterward, erasing/censoring everything.

What a bunch of...

tattoo.jpg

cobra

imported post

CV67PAT wrote: Of course admin goes cleaning up the carnage afterward, erasing/censoring everything.
[/quote]

Everything is still there, as far as I can tell...

EDIT: I was mistaken; Jim's farewell thread IS still there

G

imported post

cobra wrote:
I do see that his farewell post is gone
Even where he told all the OC *******s to go to ******g hell and rot there? What about all the responses? I saw alot more there last night when it all went down, than what is posted there now. A whole lot more. And alot of it wasn't too pretty.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
cobra wrote:
I do see that his farewell post is gone
Even where he told all the OC *******s to go to ******g hell and rot there? What about all the responses? I saw alot more there last night when it all went down, than what is posted there now. A whole lot more. And alot of it wasn't too pretty.
Wow, I and a select few where mentioned by name. I do hope he was just venting and will return.