• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nightingale is Pro-2A and Open Carry

coolusername2007

imported post

[align=left]I am learning more about Chelene Nightingale (running for CA governor)and received this info in an email from the Escondido Open Carriers.[/align]
News and Information

-January 8, 2010-

Preserving The 2nd Amendment

by Chelene Nightingale
American Independent (CP)Candidate for Governor of California

An open carry revolution is underway in the United States, and Californians are participating in the act of exercising their constitutional rights. In fact, the second amendment of the Bill of Rights states: “A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

Yet infringement upon our gun rights is occurring at an alarming rate nationwide. Last year, a Homeland Security report was leaked labeling individuals who support the Second Amendment, own firearms, or purchase ammunition as rightwing extremists.

Perhaps Governor Schwarzenegger had this document in mind when he signed AB 962 into law this past October. The law, which goes into effect on February 1, 2011 forces handgun ammunition consumers to leave detailed personal information in addition to thumbprints with licensed ammunition dealers. Furthermore, the new law bans direct shipping to California residents who choose to purchase ammunition via the Internet or mail order.

Schwarzenegger, who in the movies often portrayed armed characters protecting citizens, suggested that AB 962 will “improve public safety”. Yet, in 2009, the state with the least restrictive gun laws, Vermont, was ranked second in the United States for safety! In stark contrast, California is ranked 14th in America for violent crimes. And in the city where our elected officials determine our federal laws, the murder rate is up 134% after Washington DC enacted one of the strictest gun control laws in our nation.

Although fans of big government would like Americans to believe that gun restrictions save lives, FBI statistics prove otherwise. In fact, economist John Lott utilized FBI crime statistics from all 3,054 U.S. counties for his 1998 book “More Guns, Less Crime”. Lott determined that violent crimes decreased when law-abiding citizens were allowed to carry concealed weapons.

The members of the Open Carry Movement not only agree with Lott’s assessment, but also realize that criminals, regardless of restrictions, will always find a way to obtain their weapons which are then used on victims.

So with reports confirming that gun restrictions increase crime rates, why is there propaganda suggesting otherwise in order to take away our constitutional gun rights?

Perhaps Jim Hinter, President of the National Firearms Association in Canada,was correct when he stated, “Let there be no doubt, dictators around the world hate the United States because the United States is free. They are scared of your guns and they are going to come and get ‘em.”

Our founding fathers tried to protect us from future tyranny by preserving our individual freedoms. Further, Thomas Jefferson warned citizens to protect their gun rights: "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Unfortunately citizens have been “re-educated” into thinking owning guns is only for rightwing extremists. Thankfully, the Open Carry Movement is attempting to challenge that false ideology before it is too late. Furthermore, what do citizens need to fear if guns were completely taken away? Research gun control history, which has occurred in the Soviet Union (1929), Turkey (1915 -1917), Germany (Hitler era), Guatemala (1970), and currently in Australia for the answer. There are several other examples throughout history that should cause citizens to fiercely protect their right to bear arms.

How can “We the People” ensure our right to keep and bear arms? Study current gun law legislation, call your elected officials and demand they protect the second amendment, vote for candidates who believe in this crucial constitutional liberty, and finally, educate other Americans by joining the growing Open Carry Movement.

You canvote for the Constitution Party EndorsedCandidate, Patriot Chelene Nightingale, in the Calguns California gubernatorial election poll below:

(registration on the website is required)

Currently, Chelene is solidly in second place and moving up, but, of all people, Jerry Brown is leading. Really??? Do gun owners prefer "Gov. Moonbeam"over a greatAmerican Patriot??? You can send a strong message for the Second Amendment and the Constitution Party by voting for Chelene Nightingale, right now, at...

Calguns California gubernatorial election, 2010 poll

If you want full Second Amendmentrights preserved, there's only one candidate for Governor foryou inCalifornia- http://www.NightingaleForGovernor.com

You will never see a picture of DemocratliberalJerry "Moonbeam" Brownor GOP liberalMeg Whitmanwith an open carry member in public, but Chelene Nightingale is proud to stand with you and tostandup for your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms!

Chelene is shown herewith campaign supporter,Allen, atan anti-amnesty rally in downtown San Diego. Unloaded Open Carry is 100% legal in California, but only one candidate will even acknowledge that right....and that candidate is Chelene Nightingale.

[align=left]
[/align]

coolusername2007

imported post

This weekend I've been listening to some of her radio interviews (linked from her site) and videos of speeches she's given. Not real polished for sure. It seems her heart is in the right place, but she could definitely present a little more of a professional appearance.

From the little I know about third party candidates in general, they always seem a little fringe.

leoffensive

imported post

i agree with most of her views on things. minus her wanting to cut the pay of state workers.

im not down for that at all(im an employee of caltrans). we already have had forced furloughs(about a 10% cut in pay). i put my life on the line everyday to keep californias freeways open and she wants me to get paid less money??? no way! another person im totally against is that meg whitman or w/e her name is(she wants to cut 40,000 jobs).

ehh that was pointless to this forum... sorry but i just had to say something.

minus the cut in pay i like Nightingale

Robin47

imported post

Yep Im voting for Nightingale, I'ed rather have my gun rights and lose a job,

then to lose both I figure I can always do some kind of work.

But to lose your Bill of Rights & 2A , then you will have nothing.

Can't even shoot a rabbit to eat ! Robin47

chewy352

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
She doesn't support a part-time legislature though. I think we really need that. Guess you can't have everything.
Well that's ok because it's our choice not hers.

AyatollahGondola

imported post

I would like to say something here,

I worked closely with her for quite a bit. Before she became a candidate, I never heard her say word one about guns. At the forum we managed, talk about guns was minimalized....even discouraged.I never heard her say she owned a gun.When I viewed her bankruptcy case last year, I saw no gun listed as an asset for either her, or her husband.

Because this is a gun forum, I'll not go into anything else.

coolusername2007

imported post

AyatollahGondola wrote:

I worked closely with her for quite a bit. Before she became a candidate, I never heard her say word one about guns. At the forum we managed, talk about guns was minimalized....even discouraged.I never heard her say she owned a gun.When I viewed her bankruptcy case last year, I saw no gun listed as an asset for either her, or her husband.

In my research of her and watching various youtube videos, I came across something that mentioned your handle. Something about some activist group that disbanded. Too tired to look it up again right now.

ETA: I take it you won't be voting for her.
ETA2: Bankruptcy? I take it, if elected, she won't be taking the job for $1 per year.

AyatollahGondola

imported post

I don't know that anyone should pay attention to whether I would vote for her or not. I feel people should do the background on candidates and not pay much attention to what they say, or how they say it.

No, we didn't "disband". An attempt to channel us another direction was rebuffed, so we were involuntarily disbursed. This is from the "dead men tell no tales" files.

We are getting back on our feet without her meddling now, and she's been stripped of any power to do that again.

imported post

chewy352 wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
She doesn't support a part-time legislature though. I think we really need that. Guess you can't have everything.

http://www.nightingaleforgovernor.com/pages/issue_economy.htm

It is on her website that she does support part-time legislature. Maybe folks should read up on her more.

www.nightingaleforgovernor.com

P.S. She isn't supposed to be "polished", as she is not a career poitician. She is an American citizen that believes in liberty and the Constitution. That is what politicians today("polished politicians") should be trying to do. In that respect, she is more qualified than the idiots in power now.

For those that think business experience qualifies as political experience (Meg Whitman fans)-Might I remind you that business is a "For Profit" entity , government is a "Not-For-Profit" entity. For far too long we have had business minded politicians implementing "creative accounting techniques" to pass the budget buck down the road. Yes, perhaps that is smart business (yeah right) Plus, if there is any profit in government-THE REBATE SHOULD GO BACK TO THE PEOPLE AND NOT TO ANY FURTHER WASTEFUL PROGRAMS. This is why I urge everyone to carefully consider business experience as positive leadership style; more importantly corporate business. In this respect, Chelene Nightingale has more experience than Meg Whitman. Furthermore, you will never see Meg Whitman out there looking MS13 Gangmembers in the face like Chelene Nightingale has done.

She, as governor, has the ability to appoint 400 experts that will bring California back to its constitutionalroots.

Experience, Experience, experience is all we hear about when it comes to our political candidates, but I have not heard from anyone what exactly that experience is supposed to be. At least a reasonable explanation with empirical evidence to support the respectve definition.

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
AyatollahGondola wrote:

In my research of her and watching various youtube videos, I came across something that mentioned your handle. Something about some activist group that disbanded. Too tired to look it up again right now.

ETA: I take it you won't be voting for her.
ETA2: Bankruptcy? I take it, if elected, she won't be taking the job for $1 per year.
Unless this isn't public information (with respecst to the bankrupcy case) please provide a link to the case and number of the alleged non ownership of the gun in question. Further, what T F, does that matter. I am a strong supporter of 2A Rights and liberty and I just recently purchased my first gun. I was saving up for this purchase though. Some people can't afford this liberty when faced with the burdens of homschooling a child and life. Furthermore, if she was going bankrupt, as you claim here, perhaps she sold this asset prior to the audit to provide means for her family? I don't know, but there are a ton of reasons why somebody doesn't own a gun at a particular point in time. Does that make them less adament about supporting 2A rights? or liberty for that matter?
She is a real American liberty candidate. The kind of candidate we don't see anymore because of the coporate-elitism we see in our politics today. I ask any Californian: How has that been working for us?

AyatollahGondola

imported post

votechelenennightingaleforgovernor wrote:
Unless this isn't public information (with respecst to the bankrupcy case) please provide a link to the case and number of the alleged non ownership of the gun in question. Further, what T F, does that matter. I am a strong supporter of 2A Rights and liberty and I just recently purchased my first gun. I was saving up for this purchase though. Some people can't afford this liberty when faced with the burdens of homschooling a child and life. Furthermore, if she was going bankrupt, as you claim here, perhaps she sold this asset prior to the audit to provide means for her family? I don't know, but there are a ton of reasons why somebody doesn't own a gun at a particular point in time. Does that make them less adament about supporting 2A rights? or liberty for that matter?

Supporters of 2A usually have lengthy records of gun ownership, participate in some sort of gun activities going back in their histories, whether that be for self defense, hunting, target shooting, family heirlooms etc. And when the hard times come, they sell the house, the car, the jewels, even the dog...but the gun, or at least one of them, even if it's the cheapest one, is like keeping the last picture of one's mother. I have a hunting license from the 70's in my possession, and pictures of myself with guns, or having been around them since the early 60's. In comparison, I've never heard tell of Nightingale owning a gun. Certainly never heard it from her. Neither have I heard Nightingale ever speak about guns as if they were a subject near and dear, until the candidacy. Now you'd think she was Annie Oakley from the recent photos. My point is....politicians and cons are quick to assimilate into their targeted audience. In short order they adapt like chameleons. But in the end, they are who they are, and who they always have been. My voting habits are based on who they were, not who they say they are. and wrapping themselves in the flag and screaming the word "liberty"over and overisn't going to change theirhistory into something else. It does make for a good drama though.

On the BK case...I could link you to it easily. I could upload the documents onto one of my websites and make it as public as you like. But do you really want to see that?

A ECNALG

imported post

AyatollahGondola wrote:
Supporters of 2A usually have lengthy records of gun ownership, participate in some sort of gun activities going back in their histories, whether that be for self defense, hunting, target shooting, family heirlooms etc. And when the hard times come, they sell the house, the car, the jewels, even the dog...but the gun, or at least one of them, even if it's the cheapest one, is like keeping the last picture of one's mother. I have a hunting license from the 70's in my possession, and pictures of myself with guns, or having been around them since the early 60's. In comparison, I've never heard tell of Nightingale owning a gun. Certainly never heard it from her. Neither have I heard Nightingale ever speak about guns as if they were a subject near and dear, until the candidacy. Now you'd think she was Annie Oakley from the recent photos. My point is....politicians and cons are quick to assimilate into their targeted audience. In short order they adapt like chameleons. But in the end, they are who they are, and who they always have been. My voting habits are based on who they were, not who they say they are. and wrapping themselves in the flag and screaming the word "liberty"over and overisn't going to change theirhistory into something else. It does make for a good drama though.

On the BK case...I could link you to it easily. I could upload the documents onto one of my websites and make it as public as you like. But do you really want to see that?
I had never fired a handgun, rifle or shotgun until 1989. About a year later I purchased my first firearm, a revolver.I was raised in home that not only did not have any firearms in it, but by a mother who didn't like the idea of my having even a cap gun. It was not an anti-gun household, just a notparticularly pro-gun (in our home, anyway) one.

However, when in 1982 Proposition 15 (restricts ownership to one handgun, registered, and freezes total numberof handguns within state, etc.)came before voters, I voted NO. Why? Because such was my adult political and philosophical leaning, even though I had never really discussedfirearms with others much before.

Sure, it's always better to vote for individuals based upon not what they say, but theiractions.

I have not known Chelene as long as you have, but it is her words and actions on a subject near and dear to you and I both that has earnedChelene my support and trust that what she says on 2A issues is sincere.

AG, you can, and probably will,make it part of your life's work to tearher down here just like you did on that other forum. But please, try to do better than innuendo and character assasination.

AyatollahGondola

imported post

A ECNALG wrote:
AG, you can, and probably will,make it part of your life's work to tearher down here just like you did on that other forum. But please, try to do better than innuendo and character assasination.
You're far too sensitive. Nightingale's a candidate, and I'm aresearcher. The real wolves haven't even noticed her yet. Given the fragility of her camp, I'd pray they never do if I were her

coolusername2007

imported post

votechelenennightingaleforgovernor wrote:
chewy352 wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:

http://www.nightingaleforgovernor.com/pages/issue_economy.htm

It is on her website that she does support part-time legislature. Maybe folks should read up on her more.

http://www.nightingaleforgovernor.com

P.S. She isn't supposed to be "polished", as she is not a career poitician. She is an American citizen that believes in liberty and the Constitution. That is what politicians today ("polished politicians") should be trying to do. In that respect, she is more qualified than the idiots in power now.

Part time legislature: I see her site says she supports a PT legislature. She must have changed her mind recently because shedid an interview with RBN(audio link on her site's gallery page) where she explicitly said she did not support it. I think it was the interview with Bill Carns.

Beingpolished is not a requirement. But being professional is. And though I like what she has to say, she has to get a lot of votes to win, so...dress to impress.