• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed carry Michigan to Flordia

Franktroplis

imported post

I have a MI CPL. I will be driving to Florida this spring. Will I have to disarm/rearm at State lines? Is there a shortcut to be able to carry in Florida without jumping through too many hoops?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

WaltherP99C wrote:
I have a MI CPL. I will be driving to Florida this spring. Will I have to disarm/rearm at State lines? Is there a shortcut to be able to carry in Florida without jumping through too many hoops?

Depending on the route you should be okay to conceal carry all the way to Florida and in Florida as well.

See http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,1607,7-164-17334_17362_22672-60639--,00.html for states that recognize MI CPL. The next step is to find out what states require you to disclose if stopped, some states require it and some don't.

PDinDetroit

imported post

Venator wrote:
WaltherP99C wrote:

Depending on the route you should be okay to conceal carry all the way to Florida and in Florida as well.

See http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,1607,7-164-17334_17362_22672-60639--,00.html for states that recognize MI CPL. The next step is to find out what states require you to disclose if stopped, some states require it and some don't.
I just did this very same thing and used the following site to get detailed info for the states I traveled through.

http://handgunlaw.us/

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

You guys are all wrong...

At every State line you MUST stop and pull over within 100 yards of the actual geographical state line and turn on your hazard lights. Next you must exit your vehicle from the passenger side.

You must then hop, skip or jump around the vehicle 3 times in a clockwise motion while humming "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald".

After completion of the classic Gorden Lightfoot song you may resume your travels...to the next state line. :)

Here's a link so you hanve time to learn the song before you leave.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0DqPSF2fyo

P.S. get video and post it to youtube so we can see:lol:

G

imported post

Florida is a NO OC state. That includes NO printing.

I'm snow birding here and it sucks.

Not necessarily because I can't OC.

But rather because...

IT'S FREEZING AND IT SNOWED HERE THIS MORNING!!!:banghead:

kevron2020

imported post

you forgot BOTH SIDES of the state line..

So, you gotta do it Michigan side, North Indiana Side, (depending which way you take.. ) South East Indiana, Ohio, Ohio, South East Indiana... etc.. (IIRC highway you leave indiana for a small bit then back into been awhile since i've made the drive, and am too lazy to look it up)

RabbiVJ

Campaign Veteran
imported post

all i know is when I go to GA im covered...:-D and yeah that vid kicks a$$..:-D