• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rainier Law (Bellevue)

tai4de2

imported post

I was just upgrading my NRA membership and while perusing the NRA web site saw a law firm in Bellevue listed in the NRA Business Alliance.

Their web site (http://www.rainierlaw.com/CM/Custom/TOCFirearms-Law.asp) says

"Our founding lawyer ... is an experienced and effective advocate and advisor for individuals and businesses who need an attorney to help them protect their constitutionally mandated gun rights."

I've been thinking it might be a good idea to establish a relationship with a local attorney "just in case" and was wondering if anyone here has any experience to share regarding this firm.

Red Ryder

imported post

David Newman is the lawyer that I have dealt with through this firm. His specialty is restoration of gun rights. (I'm good, didn't need any services in case you are wondering.)I don't believe he isstill defending individuals in court (i.e. State v.self-defense shooter). He is very knowledgeable on state gun laws and keeps current on changes in the law on WA state, more so than a couple of other lawyers I have interacted with. He is quite aware of the concealed carry and open carry laws in Washington.

If nothing else, I have an excellent lawyer who can give me a referral to a good defense lawyer, should I ever need one. I hold him in high regard. I carry his card in my wallet.

tai4de2

imported post

Thanks for the replies. I have spoken with him on the phone and set up a meeting. I'm looking forward to having his card in my wallet for those "just in case" scenarios.