Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59

Thread: Doomsday on history channel

  1. #1
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320

    Post imported post

    Have you been watching all the doomsday programs on the History Channel this week?
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  2. #2
    Regular Member Sabotage70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fabulous Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    844

    Post imported post

    Watching the pandemic one right now. Pretty scary stuff.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

    RED DRAGONS!!!!

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,315

    Post imported post

    Getting worried?
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

  4. #4
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320

    Post imported post

    Sabotage70 wrote:
    Watching the pandemic one right now. Pretty scary stuff.
    Yup, same here. I also watched the Armageddon Man, thought it was pretty stupid. Seems like scare tactics to me. My son asked me if I still had my guns. I did pick up some good tips on survival though. I never knew about the 9 volt battery and steel wool trick.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greensboro, ,
    Posts
    235

    Post imported post

    It is amazing, that even as they talk about how "every where your go, it is dangerous" they still manage to make those with guns look like nutcases and thugs.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Sabotage70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fabulous Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    844

    Post imported post

    Hawkflyer wrote:
    Getting worried?
    Nah, only that I'm low on .40 cal ammo for my pistols. Need to get a reloading kit and stock up on more ammo.:P
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

    RED DRAGONS!!!!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    700

    Post imported post

    I watched one about the seven signs of the apocalypse, very briefly. Saw a part about an earthquake and gamma rays (apparently we won't become the Incredible Hulk).

    But what was interesting was shortly after watching the part about the earthquake I saw this:

    http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...10/nc71338066/

    Magnitude 6.5 - OFFSHORE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
    Saturday, January 09, 2010 at 04:27:38 PM at epicenter




  8. #8
    Regular Member Sabotage70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fabulous Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    844

    Post imported post

    I'm not a hunter but I think I could acquire a taste for jack rabbit.

    And with the trailer where they did the steel wool gimmick. With all those cans Bugler tobacco. I can't believe there wasn't matches or a lighter around. :quirky
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

    RED DRAGONS!!!!

  9. #9
    Regular Member ODA 226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Etzenricht, Germany
    Posts
    1,598

    Post imported post

    bigdaddy1 wrote:
    Sabotage70 wrote:
    Watching the pandemic one right now. Pretty scary stuff.
    I never knew about the 9 volt battery and steel wool trick.
    I've known about that for years and actually used it to start a fire whenmy matcheswere soaking wet.....I started carrying a couple of lighters after that!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

  10. #10
    Regular Member okboomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    1,164

    Post imported post

    Dryer lint works really well as tinder for a fire too, and I've got a couple of bags of that set back for camping. I am never without a lighter and fluid and flints. Forget the Bic ... get a Zippo.

    I agree that they made the folks with guns look like thugs ...

    When he gets the cut and developes the infection, I just had to wonder why they didn't at least show him making a poultice with the bread they were serving at the meal. Bread also grows penicillin ... you would think a paramedic would know that. And they were also serving moonshine at the meal ... alcohol ... antibacterial. And honey is a good antibacterial poultice also.

    And then the way he lost the pistol, and they didn't take the shotgun ... puuuhhhhleeze ...

    As far as I am concerned, this is one of the most explicit arguments for a personal armory ... not that I think anything WILL happen, but the only responsible thing is to be prepared for anything that MIGHT happen.

    I know we had a thread going about this, but with the Bird flu scare last year and the H1N1 ... it wouldn't take very much to have a pandemic ravage the population. Then you would see OC of rifles!

    With the record low temps and snowfall we have been experiencing the past couple of months, how many have had power outages? Were you ready for them? In January 2001 we got an inch of ice, then 10 inches of snow, then another 2 inches of ice. This whole town was without electricity for a week in temps below 20 degrees ... could you survive that? What supplies would you need?
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

    Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

  11. #11
    Regular Member AZkopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    673

    Post imported post

    "After Armeggedon" was filmed partially in Mayer, AZ--30 miles south of Prescott. It was the small gated town where the sheriff shot the looters. I patrolled Mayer for 2 years.

  12. #12
    Regular Member XD40coyote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    woman stuck in Maryland, ,
    Posts
    709

    Post imported post

    I found it sad that having a gun was not stressed as important in even a small way, beyond the wife shooting the scumbag. When they found the car with the dead guy inside and the dad says " this guy must have thought he was a cowboy" or some such nonsense, that was stupid. My thought upon seeing the gun was " that guy was ready for self defense and was not some sissy metrosexual". Also, eww, looks like the guy was dead at least a few days and in soCal warm weather he musta been stinkin a bit and that smell wouldn't just air out, and even Febreeze wouldn't have helped alot LOL. The emt guy can be macho enough sit in dead guy goo on a car seat and handle dead guy smell, but he doesn't "get" having a gun, esp with his wife and kid in tow?

    The cut on his hand- I was like " why didn't he pour some of that moonshine on it?" . Surely if he was the "doctor", he had some of that moonshine in his medical kit for sanitizing things. Wash the wound out well immediatly and wrap it up to keep dirt and stuff off it. Check it a few times a day, rewash with the booze stuff, and re wrap with a fresh bandage. My mother was watching this part of the show and said " he just needed some Bag Balm" LOL. I said " well he should have looted a feed store huh?". Bag Balm is amazing stuff, well at least on chickens it is. I once had a hen that a rooster had ripped her back open and deep while mating. It was an awful wound and I thought we'd have to put the hen down, but dad stuffed bag balm in the wound and we monitored her twice a day putting more on/in the wound, and she freakin recovered after a few weeks! It healed and there was no infection.

    The Armageddon Man show- I was like "where's his shotgun or EBR, and his pistol, and extra mags and ammo?" Cripes at least have a pistol and extra ammo.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Winchester, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    66

    Post imported post

    I've been watching The Discovery Channel and their shows dealing with each posible cause that could end life on Earth. Alot like The History Channel's Universe series. Very interesting that both The History Channel and The Discovery Channel are showing these shows. Both are great series!

  14. #14
    Regular Member Sabotage70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fabulous Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    844

    Post imported post

    Well it did take place in Kalifornia after all.:quirky

    The cowboy comment was over the top too.

    Another thing about the truck. They may have got it to start but how did he unlock the steering?
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

    RED DRAGONS!!!!

  15. #15
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320

    Post imported post

    Sabotage70 wrote:
    Well it did take place in Kalifornia after all.:quirky

    The cowboy comment was over the top too.

    Another thing about the truck. They may have got it to start but how did he unlock the steering?


    Didnt you hear the "key in ignition" chime dinging away when he tied those two wires together?


    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  16. #16
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358

    Post imported post

    Sabotage70 wrote:
    Well it did take place in Kalifornia after all.:quirky

    The cowboy comment was over the top too.

    Another thing about the truck. They may have got it to start but how did he unlock the steering?
    Yeah, they forgot to tell you that you need to pull the ignition switch mechanism, AND remove the steering wheel, and pull out the lock plate assembly to permanently unlock the steering wheel.

    That old "hotwiring" trick may work on a pre 1960 vehicle (before steering locks became commonplace), but certainly NOT on any vehicle made in the last 25 years in Japan, the US, or Europe.

    Heck, my first car was a 1969 VW Beetle, and even THAT car had steering lock.


    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  17. #17
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320

    Post imported post

    You dont have to pull the steering wheel, just pop the lock assy out, the pin is inside.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  18. #18
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bad_ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cupertino, California, USA
    Posts
    328

    Post imported post

    bigdaddy1 wrote:
    You dont have to pull the steering wheel, just pop the lock assy out, the pin is inside.
    I used a dent puller to get the lock assy out once, it worked like a charm.

    Oh and you can brute force the pin to break by twisting the steering wheel on many models.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Sabotage70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fabulous Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    844

    Post imported post

    A lot of the Japanese imports, all it takes is something jammed in the ignition to get them to start. Mother in-laws 280z was stolen by using scissors back in the early 90's. And from watching cops and some of the other cop show. For the older 70's and 80's gm cars. the thieves would shatter the column. And when they do that the headlights are stuck on hi and they can't dim them.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

    RED DRAGONS!!!!

  20. #20
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358

    Post imported post

    Getting back to the ORIGINAL topic of this post...

    These "apocalypse" type programs on Cable are nothing more than "predictive programming". They are used to implant the ideas of upcoming events into the consciousness of the public so that when these sorts of things finally DO happen, we won't THINK critically about them, and will just go along with whatever comes along, and will not question WHY these sorts of event happened.

    Food shortages, disease "outbreaks", civil unrest, martial law--it's all part of a well-documented plan that is slowly and incrementally being carried out.

    I'm all for people being prepared. As an Eagle Scout, I was taught when I was very young to be resourceful, to plan ahead, and how to survive. My work experience with various DOD folks has given me a lot of exposure to some people with very high-quality training in this field, and as someone who camps, hunts, hikes, and mountain bikes, I know that my survival depends on my knowledge, resourcefulness and preparedness.

    The vast majority of people in this country wouldn't have the FIRST IDEA how to survive for even a few weeks if they didn't have running tapwater, electricity, and fuel for their vehicles. Luckily, I have educated myself over the years, and have confidence in my own abilities tocare for myself and my family.

    If the "SHTF", I have a "game plan", not only for immediate survival, but for ultimately retreating to a "safe haven" that is far away from the coastal "Constitution-Free Zone". I have full confidence that I can get myself and my family to a safe place, where the Rule of Local Law will remain intact, and where we will have the resources necessary to live (water, food, fuel, shelter). We might not be living in comfort and style, but at least we'll be safe and well-fed...

    So what are the se programs REALLY all about? They are to condition the masses to think that when these things occur, they will be helpless, and that the criminals, gangs, an thugs will rule the streets in the urban areas--and this is probably true.

    It's what these shows DON'T tell you that is really the key part of the story though...

    What they DON'T tell you is that the majority of the urban areas of this country are along a 100-mile wide strip that runs all around the boarder of the continental US. What they DON'T tell you is that although THAT zone will be full of death, destruction, mayhem and lawlessness (and will ALSO be locked down by the government under martial law) the vast majority of the real-estate of the US (the interior) will continue to remain relatively untouched by any "epidemics" and will most likely remain unaffected by any sort of "terrorist attacks". They might lose electrical power when the Grid fails--they may not have working water and sewage services for a while, and there may be a little increase in crime as the thugs flee the cities on the coast, but the people of the interior of the USA are resourceful, self-sufficient, and most important, believe strongly in LOCALIZED power, and will do EVERYTHING they can to re-establish normalcy in their daily lives, rather than wait for the Nanny State to fix the problem for them.

    That's why my family will be grabbing our "GOOD" bags and heading for WV if anything really drastic happens in the future.

    The 100-mile Coastal Urban Helplessness Corridor may disintegrate into mayhem and lawlessness, but I have faith in my fellow "Interior Americans" that they will keep the "flame alive" no matter what sort of ill winds may blow out of NYC or DC, or the Hague.

    Food, fuel, water, shelter, and ammo. Pack some bags, and Be Prepared...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  21. #21
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348

    Post imported post

    Dreamer wrote:
    Getting back to the ORIGINAL topic of this post...

    These "apocalypse" type programs on Cable are nothing more than "predictive programming". They are used to implant the ideas of upcoming events into the consciousness of the public so that when these sorts of things finally DO happen, we won't THINK critically about them, and will just go along with whatever comes along, and will not question WHY these sorts of event happened.

    Food shortages, disease "outbreaks", civil unrest, martial law--it's all part of a well-documented plan that is slowly and incrementally being carried out.

    I'm all for people being prepared. As an Eagle Scout, I was taught when I was very young to be resourceful, to plan ahead, and how to survive. My work experience with various DOD folks has given me a lot of exposure to some people with very high-quality training in this field, and as someone who camps, hunts, hikes, and mountain bikes, I know that my survival depends on my knowledge, resourcefulness and preparedness.

    The vast majority of people in this country wouldn't have the FIRST IDEA how to survive for even a few weeks if they didn't have running tapwater, electricity, and fuel for their vehicles. Luckily, I have educated myself over the years, and have confidence in my own abilities tocare for myself and my family.

    If the "SHTF", I have a "game plan", not only for immediate survival, but for ultimately retreating to a "safe haven" that is far away from the coastal "Constitution-Free Zone". I have full confidence that I can get myself and my family to a safe place, where the Rule of Local Law will remain intact, and where we will have the resources necessary to live (water, food, fuel, shelter). We might not be living in comfort and style, but at least we'll be safe and well-fed...

    So what are the se programs REALLY all about? They are to condition the masses to think that when these things occur, they will be helpless, and that the criminals, gangs, an thugs will rule the streets in the urban areas--and this is probably true.

    It's what these shows DON'T tell you that is really the key part of the story though...

    What they DON'T tell you is that the majority of the urban areas of this country are along a 100-mile wide strip that runs all around the boarder of the continental US. What they DON'T tell you is that although THAT zone will be full of death, destruction, mayhem and lawlessness (and will ALSO be locked down by the government under martial law) the vast majority of the real-estate of the US (the interior) will continue to remain relatively untouched by any "epidemics" and will most likely remain unaffected by any sort of "terrorist attacks". They might lose electrical power when the Grid fails--they may not have working water and sewage services for a while, and there may be a little increase in crime as the thugs flee the cities on the coast, but the people of the interior of the USA are resourceful, self-sufficient, and most important, believe strongly in LOCALIZED power, and will do EVERYTHING they can to re-establish normalcy in their daily lives, rather than wait for the Nanny State to fix the problem for them.

    That's why my family will be grabbing our "GOOD" bags and heading for WV if anything really drastic happens in the future.

    The 100-mile Coastal Urban Helplessness Corridor may disintegrate into mayhem and lawlessness, but I have faith in my fellow "Interior Americans" that they will keep the "flame alive" no matter what sort of ill winds may blow out of NYC or DC, or the Hague.

    Food, fuel, water, shelter, and ammo. Pack some bags, and Be Prepared...
    I watched them all, for the most part they were ok. agree , they did not stress guns enough for the people bugging out. Living in the midwest, I plan on Bugging in , or waiting weeks until roads would be empty. I have about 4 - 5 months in preps here, food, water, toilet paper, tooth paste, baby wipes, etc. a butt loads of guns and ammo..lol... i will never run out of ammo ( buy it cheap, stack it deep ) I also live in the outlying suberbs of green bay, so not too worried about Zombies hordes & the US army reserve center in 1.5 blocks away from my duplex.

    Everyone needs to spend some time on the AR15.COM Survival forum !! lot's of good Info there.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  22. #22
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320

    Post imported post

    Dreamer,

    I think the real purpose of these shows was to create concern so that we "wake up" and take action to stop these horrible events from happening. The final scenes were always about how these are worst case scenarios and unless we change this is what will happen. Not exactly in those words, but you got the idea.

    You're not going to get true survival training on tv, all scare tactics.


    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  23. #23
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bad_ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cupertino, California, USA
    Posts
    328

    Post imported post

    Dreamer wrote:
    Getting back to the ORIGINAL topic of this post...

    These "apocalypse" type programs on Cable are nothing more than "predictive programming". They are used to implant the ideas of upcoming events into the consciousness of the public so that when these sorts of things finally DO happen, we won't THINK critically about them, and will just go along with whatever comes along, and will not question WHY these sorts of event happened.
    I agree 100%. Also keep in mind that these shows take lots of planning and foresight. It's no accident that they are on TV in such great numbers. This is not a fad, it was planned.

    I too have a plan for when the SHTF. 72 hour bags, escape routes and alternative locations and alternative plans for what's left.

    I hope that I can make America 2.0 more like what I want in a home land
    A place with real money (not debt notes), capitalism, and property rights.

  24. #24
    Regular Member Alexcabbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    2,290

    Post imported post

    Well, this was educational.. I had thought that "apocalypse" was 1/4 bushel of lips...:celebrate

  25. #25
    Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,315

    Post imported post

    Alexcabbie wrote:
    Well, this was educational.. I had thought that "apocalypse" was 1/4 bushel of lips...:celebrate
    Kind of shatters your paradigm. Just my $.20
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •