Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the firearm import laws for.......

Post imported post

Well i was tooling around the interwebz when i came across this gem in the rough... here it is...

http://www.grandpower.eu/_EN_Modification_K102R.htm

The pistol is manufactured by a company called GrandPower in Slovakia. The pistol is a semi-auto 2 or 3 round burst pistol chambered in 9mm.

Here is a video of the pistol being fired.....:celebrate
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL7RQ...eature=related

My question is... If i want to purchase this firearm... What kind of red tape would i have to go threw to LEGALLY have it shipped to the US?

Post imported post

Not gonna happen ...
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Throw about $1,000,000 at the situation.

Then the BATF will let it happen.

However, since this weapon has no "sporting purpose", and is considered a "machine-gun", the chances of ever even SEEING this on US soil is about 0.001%. It's also made Post-86, it would NOT be able to be purchased by civilians.

-Richard-

Post imported post

If you want one, open a gun store and get a FFL that allows you to import machine guns to sell to police and perhaps military agencies. Then get a demo letter from such an agency that says they want to see it operate for possible purchasing. Then you can get one, and keep it as long as you want to keep paying to keep your license current.

If you want to do it legally, it's either that, or see to it that the laws are changed.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    or see to it that the laws are changed.

i vote that.

its a long shot,but never say never!

or try to order one in semi auto only
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

your farther ahead converting a 1911 or glock on your own and doing the paper work that way.

Post imported post

the500kid wrote:
    your farther ahead converting a 1911 or glock on your own and doing the paper work that way.
    CONVERT to a machine gun?

That's even harder to do legally. You'd need a special occupational tax payers license to manufacture machine guns. If I remember right, to get that license you need your own machine shop, approved of by the BATFE, and it costs nearly 2 grand per year just for the license alone.

But yeah, you would be further ahead since you can have a machine gun collection for R and D.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    the500kid wrote:

That's even harder to do legally. You'd need a special occupational tax payers license to manufacture machine guns. If I remember right, to get that license you need your own machine shop, approved of by the BATFE, and it costs nearly 2 grand per year just for the license alone.

But yeah, you would be further ahead since you can have a machine gun collection for R and D.
    Not only that, but you have to have a LEGIT business that would REQUIRE that you manufacturer machineguns.

But, it's still be cheaper than paying shipping crate costs, and meeting BATF approval for that handgun.

-Richard-

Post imported post

office888 wrote:
    Michigander wrote:
    the500kid wrote:

Not only that, but you have to have a LEGIT business that would REQUIRE that you manufacturer machineguns.

But, it's still be cheaper than paying shipping crate costs, and meeting BATF approval for that handgun.

-Richard-

I never said it would be easier I just said you'd be farther ahead and could be done. He'll never, ever, ever get the other gun he wants into the country.

Post imported post

...told you THway...

Banned

Post imported post

the500kid wrote:
    How?

Ive seen these, of course, on youtube, but how? Could I do this to an XD or is it a glock thing?

Post imported post

Converting a firearm to fire more than one shot with one pull of the trigger (other than by using a sear built prior to 86 that has all the proper tax stamps) is a good way to get into club FED.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Banned

Post imported post

Need a FFL then?

Just wanted to know if I could, and how to do it. I just like to know how to do stuff.

Post imported post

I'm out of town right now but I've got a book at home that tells you how to convert a Glock to select fire. I'll look it up it tells you what you have to do. The disclaimer in the front of the book is the book is for educational purposes only unless you get the paper work. I'm not as sure about the 1911 but its meantioned in the book.

Banned

Post imported post

good stuff then. PM me?

Post imported post

Converting to FA for other than LEO and Mil use on a modern firearm would be unlawful.

To do so for the two mentioned uses you would have to be an FFL07 or licensed manufacturer.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

An 07 FFL is a licensed manufacturer

Post imported post

Sorry if that wasn't clear... I put or licensed manufacturer BC many may not know what an FFL07 is.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

gotcha

Banned

Post imported post

whatever happened to A2?

Post imported post

Eh?

Yes, he'd have to be a Class 3 FFL holder. Plus have a place of business that can be checked by the feds during business hours, etc.

Obviously a bit concerned that there are people out there who don't know that new machine guns are generally illegal.

Post imported post

There really is no class three it is a tax in addition to FFL01 and they are for demonstration purposes.

So he would have to have a store front as kitchen table 01's are not being granted any more.

If you want more info as Chewy over on MGO as he is one and has modern machine guns for demo.

Banned

Post imported post

Pace wrote:
    Eh?

A2= Second amendment- US Constitution

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    There really is no class three it is a tax in addition to FFL01 and they are for demonstration purposes.

So he would have to have a store front as kitchen table 01's are not being granted any more.

If you want more info as Chewy over on MGO as he is one and has modern machine guns for demo.
    What are you talking about? Kitchen table FFLs are still legal, though the term kitchen table is pejorative at best.

If you believe they have been outlawed, please provide a cite.

He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Most of the guys that have tried to get an FFL01 that don't have a business address ... other than clubs have been turned down around here...

I personally know of 6 and have heard from my BATF contact that they are not likely to approve an 01 without a fixed place of business.

I have an 03 and was interested in an 01. I was going to use it to provide a service to my gun club. I was told the Gun Club trust could get one but me personally could not as it was not a legitimate business with sales floor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast