• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What are the firearm import laws for.......

Pace

imported post

Eh?

Yes, he'd have to be a Class 3 FFL holder. Plus have a place of business that can be checked by the feds during business hours, etc.

Obviously a bit concerned that there are people out there who don't know that new machine guns are generally illegal.

autosurgeon

imported post

There really is no class three it is a tax in addition to FFL01 and they are for demonstration purposes.

So he would have to have a store front as kitchen table 01's are not being granted any more.

If you want more info as Chewy over on MGO as he is one and has modern machine guns for demo.

Thundar

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
There really is no class three it is a tax in addition to FFL01 and they are for demonstration purposes.

So he would have to have a store front as kitchen table 01's are not being granted any more.

If you want more info as Chewy over on MGO as he is one and has modern machine guns for demo.
What are you talking about? Kitchen table FFLs are still legal, though the term kitchen table is pejorative at best.

If you believe they have been outlawed, please provide a cite.

autosurgeon

imported post

Most of the guys that have tried to get an FFL01 that don't have a business address ... other than clubs have been turned down around here...

I personally know of 6 and have heard from my BATF contact that they are not likely to approve an 01 without a fixed place of business.

I have an 03 and was interested in an 01. I was going to use it to provide a service to my gun club. I was told the Gun Club trust could get one but me personally could not as it was not a legitimate business with sales floor.

autosurgeon

imported post

One point or avenue to more easily get an 01 or 07 for a home business is to get certified as a gunsmith as then you have a reason to need it and many gunsmiths operate out of their homes.

I have contemplated this avenue myself and may yet try this out.