• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What are the firearm import laws for.......

THway

imported post

Well i was tooling around the interwebz when i came across this gem in the rough... here it is...

http://www.grandpower.eu/_EN_Modification_K102R.htm

The pistol is manufactured by a company called GrandPower in Slovakia. The pistol is a semi-auto 2 or 3 round burst pistol chambered in 9mm.

Here is a video of the pistol being fired.....:celebrate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL7RQ-WRmxk&feature=related

My question is... If i want to purchase this firearm... What kind of red tape would i have to go threw to LEGALLY have it shipped to the US?

office888

imported post

Throw about $1,000,000 at the situation.

Then the BATF will let it happen.

However, since this weapon has no "sporting purpose", and is considered a "machine-gun", the chances of ever even SEEING this on US soil is about 0.001%. It's also made Post-86, it would NOT be able to be purchased by civilians.

-Richard-

Michigander

imported post

If you want one, open a gun store and get a FFL that allows you to import machine guns to sell to police and perhaps military agencies. Then get a demo letter from such an agency that says they want to see it operate for possible purchasing. Then you can get one, and keep it as long as you want to keep paying to keep your license current.

If you want to do it legally, it's either that, or see to it that the laws are changed.

Michigander

imported post

the500kid wrote:
your farther ahead converting a 1911 or glock on your own and doing the paper work that way.
CONVERT to a machine gun?

That's even harder to do legally. You'd need a special occupational tax payers license to manufacture machine guns. If I remember right, to get that license you need your own machine shop, approved of by the BATFE, and it costs nearly 2 grand per year just for the license alone.

But yeah, you would be further ahead since you can have a machine gun collection for R and D.

office888

imported post

Michigander wrote:
the500kid wrote:
your farther ahead converting a 1911 or glock on your own and doing the paper work that way.

That's even harder to do legally. You'd need a special occupational tax payers license to manufacture machine guns. If I remember right, to get that license you need your own machine shop, approved of by the BATFE, and it costs nearly 2 grand per year just for the license alone.

But yeah, you would be further ahead since you can have a machine gun collection for R and D.
Not only that, but you have to have a LEGIT business that would REQUIRE that you manufacturer machineguns.

But, it's still be cheaper than paying shipping crate costs, and meeting BATF approval for that handgun.

-Richard-

the500kid

imported post

office888 wrote:
Michigander wrote:
the500kid wrote:

Not only that, but you have to have a LEGIT business that would REQUIRE that you manufacturer machineguns.

But, it's still be cheaper than paying shipping crate costs, and meeting BATF approval for that handgun.

-Richard-
I never said it would be easier I just said you'd be farther ahead and could be done. He'll never, ever, ever get the other gun he wants into the country.

autosurgeon

imported post

Converting a firearm to fire more than one shot with one pull of the trigger (other than by using a sear built prior to 86 that has all the proper tax stamps) is a good way to get into club FED.

the500kid

imported post

I'm out of town right now but I've got a book at home that tells you how to convert a Glock to select fire. I'll look it up it tells you what you have to do. The disclaimer in the front of the book is the book is for educational purposes only unless you get the paper work. I'm not as sure about the 1911 but its meantioned in the book.