• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for some nice grips for my P89 Ruger

insanityranch

imported post

Hello all !

I looking for some nice perl or Gray wood grips for my P89 Ruger any seggestions?

also im looking for a good CCW Holster I have a few holsters for this big Carry wepon however I end up just putting it in my waist band as it is the most comfey.. keep in mind I have a slight belly

Just started to get Dun laps ...............my belly has dun laped over my belt..

any help would be greatly helpfull.

Kevn

insanityranch

imported post

:banghead: Wow three days now and no one has any advise for me , that is hard to believe

Ruger any seggestions?

also I'm looking for a good CCW Holster I have a few holsters for this big Carry weapon however I end up just putting it in my waist band as it is the most comfy.. keep in mind I have a slight belly

Just started to get Dun laps ...............my belly has dun laped over my belt..

any help would be greatly helpful.

Kevn
[/quote]

Ruger9mm

imported post

I carry a Ruger P85 so the same gun just a little older. Uncle Mikes makes a decent set of grips for it, so does Hogue and Pachmayr. Try EBay for those. As for a holster try a serpa from http://www.tactical.com/cf-serpa-applique-holsters.html. They are about $40.00. If you are looking for an IWB you can pick one up off of ebay or for a much better holster try a Milt Sparks. They have about a 6 month backlog though. Hope this helps.

insanityranch

imported post

Ruger9mm wrote:
I carry a Ruger P85 so the same gun just a little older. Uncle Mikes makes a decent set of grips for it, so does Hogue and Pachmayr. Try EBay for those. As for a holster try a serpa from http://www.tactical.com/cf-serpa-applique-holsters.html. They are about $40.00. If you are looking for an IWB you can pick one up off of ebay or for a much better holster try a Milt Sparks. They have about a 6 month backlog though. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info .I will check it out

one question and I don't mean to sound dumb but what is a IWB ?

Kevn

Ruger9mm

imported post

Dumb would be if you didn't know and didn't ask! lol

IWB means a holster that is carried in your waistband. Like you are carrying now only in an actual holster. When I carry concealed that is what I use.
You should look for a holster that stays open when you draw your gun so you can reholster it with one hand.

rmansu2

imported post

I've heard of people using Uncle Mike's Size 15 Concealled IWB holster and it supposedly fits very well. Made of a stretchy material and feels like microfiber.
(from what I here)

I still haven't found one I like for CC for my P95. OC with a Fobus, until Blackhawk finally produces what they say they are "working on and should be available soon"

Ruger9mm

imported post

I have the #15 from Uncle Mike's and it conceals really well. The only drawback is you need both hands to re-holster you gun.

Just Us

imported post

I've owned a couple Uncle Mikes holster and didn't really like them. Blanchi andGalco are alot better quality (in my opinion) and cost a liitle more.