• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So what happened to the forum?

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
Actually a denial of service attack is illegal, but it has to be reported and you have to supply syslogs to support the investigation. You have to be willing to make a federal case out of it.
I presume a lot of time and effort (therefore money) with little/no chance of recovery. Also don't think this is high on the priority list for LEA.

Particularly frustrating for a "not for profit" organization like OCDO.

Yata hey
Yea the federal threshold right now is $100,000 in losses. That would be hard to show for a non-profit. But in the current climate, it might be possible to make a civil rights case out of it. An internet forum carries a first amendment issue in its back pocket, and that has no dollar amount requirements.

Regards

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
Huh. So I guess when you can't find a reasonable way to support your own arguments, you just cheat by destroying your opponents right to assembly. Interesting theme the anti's have. They fight us instead of debate the topic in a factual manner.
Denying the 1A right to free speech too.

Nobody ever said that the antis supported truth, justice and the American way much less the Constitution, unless it was their own twisted interpretation.

The are those elitists, even in congress, that would shut opposing views down if they could.

Yata hey

TFred

imported post

Someone probably hired the Russian mob to do it. They probably own most of the zombie-nets.

The only recourse you have with those guys is to hunt them down and break their kneecaps.

TFred

Dreamer

imported post

If I remember correctly, we had a similar attack a few months ago too...

Two attacks within a few months...

Does anyone want to venture a guess as to what they might have in common?...

Well, last time this happened, it was RIGHT after a new member joined the forum who had a particularly "controversial" attitude about a "protected" racial group of people from the Middle East...

Hmmm, sound familiar?...

I wonder where an IP Trace of Col. Mustard would lead to? Last time the person who was such a virulent "anti-semite" was posting from an IP registered to an office of the UN if I remember correctly...

It seems that every time we get a new member that starts blaming the Jews for everything, we get shut down. What's up with that?

Overtaxed

imported post

Lammo wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
'Bet'cha whoever dunnit has a 'Celebrate Diversity' bumpersticker on their Prius.
That or "Coexist". Boy do I dislike that one to the nth degree.

YES! I was just thinking of that hokey "coexist" bumper sticker - certainly not a favorite of mine.

However...

I do like the "celebrate diversity" one that depicts a wide range of firearms

And the classic "alcohol, tobacco and firearms - where's the party?"

I saw those two in abundance at Knob Creek.

Dreamer

imported post

Lammo wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
'Bet'cha whoever dunnit has a 'Celebrate Diversity' bumpersticker on their Prius.

You guys need to remember that the Bill of Rights doesn't start on Number 2...

Just because you are "uncomfortable" with a particular religion does not make it a "threat" to you or this Nation (with a few specific exceptions that have at their heart, texts that SPECIFICALLY outline their purpose is to get rid of anyone "not like them"), anymore than being "uncomfortable" with a person of a certain color or class having a firearm makes that person a threat...

What makes something (a person, a religion, or a firearm) a threat to the Nation, or to you as an individual, is the INTENT of the person in question.

Religions don't kill people, People kill people...

bigdaddy1

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
Lammo wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:

Just because you are "uncomfortable" with a particular religion does not make it a "threat" to you or this Nation (with a few specific exceptions that have at their heart, texts that SPECIFICALLY outline their purpose is to get rid of anyone "not like them"), anymore than being "uncomfortable" with a person of a certain color or class having a firearm makes that person a threat...

What makes something (a person, a religion, or a firearm) a threat to the Nation, or to you as an individual, is the INTENT of the person in question.

People with sticks kill people, outlaw all sticks!!!!!!

heresolong

imported post

Lammo wrote:
I love the irony of this one. The idea of having a Coexist sticker where the first religion on the list routinely preaches the killing of proponents of the other six religions? I wouldn't think that a civilization will long survive if it is willing to overlook the desire of others to destroy them.

okboomer

imported post

Well,, my access didn't return until sometime today after 2:30 p.m. CST ...

As to attacks leading back to the UN building, that would be in NSAbailiwick wouldn't it? Or would Homeland Security be the oversight now?

We have a foreign entity committing a federal criminal act and infringing upon the civil rights of what ... 35,000+ members?

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Dreamer wrote:
Lammo wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:

+1

We really do need to do lunch.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

heresolong wrote:
Lammo wrote:
I love the irony of this one. The idea of having a Coexist sticker where the first religion on the list routinely preaches the killing of proponents of the other six religions? I wouldn't think that a civilization will long survive if it is willing to overlook the desire of others to destroy them.
Coexist needs an exclamation point after it, if not already. Make it an order. The Crusades are over, stop the evil perpetrated in the name of religion already, and COEXIST!

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Another problem I see is that the forums are not hosted at "opencarry.org" they're hosted at "mywowbb.com".

John, Please consider migrating the forum over to your own servers. You'll gain more control and possibly an increase in uptime.

If you want help with this PM me.

Dreamer

imported post

Something is afoot, folks...

I HIGHLY suggest people figuring out alternative methods of communication with the people on this forum (and others), for future "situations".

Exchange phone numbers and email addresses via PMs.

Get a small 2m transceiver if you're REALLY worried about communications.

But get linked up OUTSIDE of the forums.

"They" know that we're onto them.

They know we've seen through the facade, the lies, and that we are now actively deconstructing their Century of Programming, in preparation of launching our own Counter-Prop activities. And "they" don't like it.

Something is DEFINITELY afoot...

TFred

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
I HIGHLY suggest people figuring out alternative methods of communication with the people on this forum (and others), for future "situations".
I kept checking the Opencarry sub-forum over at PAFOA's forum, but nobody posted anything about OCDO being down. :( They seem to be one of the other major gun-related forums around.

TFred

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

N6ATF wrote:
heresolong wrote:
Lammo wrote:
That or "Coexist".  Boy do I dislike that one to the nth degree.
I love the irony of this one.  The idea of having a Coexist sticker where the first religion on the list routinely preaches the killing of proponents of the other six religions?  I wouldn't think that a civilization will long survive if it is willing to overlook the desire of others to destroy them.
Coexist needs an exclamation point after it, if not already. Make it an order. The Crusades are over, stop the evil perpetrated in the name of religion already, and COEXIST!
You got that right.