• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So what happened to the forum?

swatspyder

imported post

At 4:30PM PST, I called the tech support line at liquid web (http://liquidweb.com) to see if they could take a look at the server and see if it is one of their boxes. They couldn't give me any information considering I am not the admin, but he said he would look into it.

The site had been routing to lw-dc2-sec1-dist1-po1.rtr.liquidweb.com [209.59.157.216] and then timing out at the server hosting this forum opencarry.mywowbb.com [69.16.220.29].

Everything looks to be up and running again. Maybe the site admin or a moderator has more information on what happened and can post here.

Sabotage70

imported post

The home page and the map page was still working. But the forum page wasn't working and thats about all I know. I don't speak geek so I have no idea what that was that you just said.;)

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'Bet'cha whoever dunnit has a 'Celebrate Diversity' bumpersticker on their Prius.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
John Pierce responded to my email this morning right before it came back up and stated a Denial of Serivce Attack!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1017-236728.html

That was my guess when I saw the forum down for multiple days.

So who or what group do you think is so bothered by American citizens wanting to freely exercise their protected rights that they would attack the forum?

It kinda makes you think a little bit, doesn't it!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
Hmm, wonder if this attack will make the media?
Might if it happened to the to the VPC or MAIG - otherwise not likely. :?

Yata hey

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Actually a denial of service attack is illegal, but it has to be reported and you have to supply syslogs to support the investigation. You have to be willing to make a federal case out of it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Actually a denial of service attack is illegal, but it has to be reported and you have to supply syslogs to support the investigation. You have to be willing to make a federal case out of it.
I presume a lot of time and effort (therefore money) with little/no chance of recovery. Also don't think this is high on the priority list for LEA.

Particularly frustrating for a "not for profit" organization like OCDO.

Yata hey

simmonsjoe

imported post

Huh. So I guess when you can't find a reasonable way to support your own arguments, you just cheat by destroying your opponents right to assembly. Interesting theme the anti's have. They fight us instead of debate the topic in a factual manner.