Thread: Sussex County Range Use Restriction Again

Post imported post

The Sussex County Board of supervisors will be hearing about a change in the city ordinances to restrict the use of firearms on ones own property and require conditional use permits for firearm's ranges.

This will happen on 21 Jan at 7:30PM in the Sussex Court house. (map link in the linked post)

In the last episode http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...ghlight=sussex the Board sent the proposal back to the planning commission because they did not like the definitions.

the planning commission has come back with wording that would restrict every land owner from discharging a weapon on there own property. Come out to Court House on the 21st and make your voice heard!!

Post imported post

Does this effect Surry County? The farm is in Surry County, not Sussex.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

This was taken off the agenda for tonight.

It will be back on the agenda at a later date.

At this point, this is a Sussex County thing but one of the comments heard was that neighboring counties to the North have it so "we should have it too". With that kind of mentality it would be good to nip it in the bud so that Surry County doesn't get the same idea.

Update

From VCDL's VA-ALERT:

1. Sussex to vote on gun range restrictions tomorrow, Thursday, August 18!

The Sussex Board of Supervisors is voting on the proposed ordinance that would put a lot of onerous restrictions on shooting ranges tomorrow night. They will NOT be taking any public input before they vote.

We need to show up and observe what they do. Hopefully they will vote the ordinance down.

If you live in Sussex, contact your Supervisor and urge him to oppose the ordinance. For Board of Supervisors contact information, click here:

http://tinyurl.com/3w55odb

Call your supervisor in the morning and leave a message for him.

The Board of Supervisors meeting will be held at 7:30 PM at the General District Courtroom of the Sussex Judicial Center:

15088 Courthouse Road
    Sussex, VA 23884

See you there!

This is a public meeting in a courtroom... how do they handle cameras and recording devices? I thought having open record meetings in places that could not be recorded was against the law....

TFred