• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry events

Braveheart23C

imported post

Yeah, I just saw that one at Red Robin's in Layton. That would have been perfect. I'm new to this form. Please let me know if you hear or an event. Thanks.

thx997303

imported post

Just keep checking the forum, they pop up about every month.

OH, and just to let you in on the custom, the person who asks when the next meet is, is always the one who plans it. :p

So, When's the next meet? :D

Braveheart23C

imported post

I've never been to one of these events, nor would I know how or where to plan one. Any ideas?

I know of numerous personal friends who would definitely be in though.

thx997303

imported post

It's quite simple to plan one really, pick a place that is able to accomodate(< spelled wrong) 60 or so people, tell them up front the nature of the event, make the reservation, post a time and date on this forum, and people will show up.

It's just that simple.

SAMI

imported post

Anyone down for mid-Feb? I noticed the last one was on a Friday; doesFri/Sat work best for most? I was at the Red Robin in Foothill last Friday and it was packed, i can't imagine squeezing in40+(?) or so for a group. Are weekdays doable for most?

I'm looking at contacting some Applebee's to see if they'd be ok to host a group of OC'ers...

Mid Feb ok?

-Jason

Braveheart23C

imported post

What Applebee's were you thinking of? I think the SLC area would be best. More centrally located for everyone. Red Robins is also always friendly to OC events, or so I've heard. There's one in Murray.

I also heard of an OC event at the food court at the Provo Towne Center a year or 2 ago. Maybe we could try the same thing at the food court at the Gateway. What do you think?

SAMI

imported post

I figured the one out by the E-Center would be an easy location for any direction of travel.

Food court is aninteresting idea.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

SAMI wrote:
Anyone down for mid-Feb? I noticed the last one was on a Friday; doesFri/Sat work best for most?
I have been thinking of planning the next meet, so we can have one in my neck of the woods. :p I was thinking Provo, fourth week of February, (26th or 27th) so everyone can recover from Valentines day.

I was at the Red Robin in Foothill last Friday and it was packed, i can't imagine squeezing in 40+(?) or so for a group.
There were at least 60 of us by my count at Red Robin, and 70+ at Fuddruckers.

I'm looking at contacting some Applebee's to see if they'd be ok to host a group of OC'ers...
After speaking with the manager of the Layton Red Robin, I believe we should stick to buffet style restaurants. Our first meet gathered 12 people at Red Robin, which is fine. However, stuffing 70+ people into a restaurant on a Friday night is pretty hectic for the wait staff.

Maybe we could try the same thing at the food court at the Gateway.
The Gateway is anti gun, and their security staff has already kicked out several open carriers. With the group continuing to grow in size, I feel we should stick to buffet style restaurants. This is less burdensome on the staff, and they typically have larger rooms where we can gather.

The manager of the iBuffet in Provo has already stated to me that he would love to have us, and keeps asking me when we are going to come. We could do another Friday night dinner, or a Saturday afternoon lunch would be a few dollars less per person.

Sound reasonable? ;)

swillden

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
However, stuffing 70+ people into a restaurant on a Friday night is pretty hectic for the wait staff.
Maybe it would be a good idea to pick a different night when the restaurant isn't as busy and the wait staff might actually appreciate the opportunity to make some money they typically wouldn't?

I have to admit, I really dislike buffet-style restaurants. For people who like to eat large quantities, they're great, but I don't eat that much and I find them overpriced for the quality of the food. Granted, the food isn't the point of the get-together, but it's nice to have both good company AND good food.

UtahJarhead

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
The manager of the iBuffet in Provo has already stated to me that he would love to have us, and keeps asking me when we are going to come. We could do another Friday night dinner, or a Saturday afternoon lunch would be a few dollars less per person.

Sound reasonable? ;)
I think SGT Jensen just planned our next meet! What date, hoss?