• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who Did It?

yelohamr

imported post

You may have noticed that the OC forums were down. I emailed John and this was his reply:

It has been down since early Sunday morning due to a Denial of Service
attack. Hopefully it will be back up shortly.
Thanks!
John

Any ideas what happened? Lets hear from the conspiracy folks.:D

Nopal

imported post

No doubt that freedom loving supporters of the first ammendment had anything to do with it. AKA: Constitutional hypocrites. :quirky

Actually, I should thank them. Yesterday was unlike my typical day in thatsomehow I managed to get a huge amount of work done. :)

dirtykoala

imported post

I've been saying for a while now that we need a backup site. This forum service is free. What do you guys think about starting a forum with a $15 or so yearly cost? This could provide a more secure server and would keep the trolls out. Who would pay $15 for something they don't actually care about?

Gundude

imported post

yelohamr wrote:
You may have noticed that the OC forums were down. I emailed John and this was his reply:

It has been down since early Sunday morning due to a Denial of Service
attack. Hopefully it will be back up shortly.
Thanks!
John

Any ideas what happened? Lets hear from the conspiracy folks.:D
Lets get Jesse Ventura on the case.

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

SouthBayr wrote:
I could host something as a backup at no cost. My contribution to the community.

Hope you dont mind, I took the liberty and created a backup forum for the Californians. http://www.opencarryradio.com/forums

With all the meetups and activism I'd hate to be disrupted when it really counts.

Please use the same Handles/Names as you do here. I'm not about to create a decoder ring to go between the two sites.

I am also going to create a section for "vetted" members to plan events.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bad_ace wrote:
SouthBayr wrote:
I could host something as a backup at no cost. My contribution to the community.

Hope you dont mind, I took the liberty and created a backup forum for the Californians. http://www.opencarryradio.com/forums

With all the meetups and activism I'd hate to be disrupted when it really counts.

Please use the same Handles/Names as you do here. I'm not about to create a decoder ring to go between the two sites.

I am also going to create a section for "vetted" members to plan events.

Just don't get too used to posting over there, however, I can understand the need as California is very active but I would to continue to see you all in action on this one forum. Perhaps I'll need to go through your vetting process, even though I am from North Carolina, your good-fight is important to me and many others on and off of this forum.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gundude wrote:
Lets get Jesse Ventura on the case.
You IT folks don't have time to bleed. I want an answer within the hour. If you can't provide it, I'll spit on the California Governor's boots, and you'll have hell to pay!