• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is it legal in Nevada?

jfrey123

imported post

Justwiki'd it because I'm not familiar with it. Nevada doesn't ban any type of firearm, they simply require Federal laws to be followed (permits for Class III, SBR's, etc). Should be compeltely legal to own.

As for OC, if you can own it you can carry it. This one seems a bit impractical though.

Sabotage70

imported post

While in the great state of Nevada you just need to forget about all those stupid laws from Kalifornia.

Psst. You can even carry loaded in your car.:celebrate
Just make sure it's out in the open.:monkey

Gundude

imported post

Sabotage70 wrote:
While in the great state of Nevada you just need to forget about all those stupid laws from Kalifornia.

I was there over the Xmas holidays. I loaded open carried everywhere. Almost peed my pants, it was so fun.

We are moving to Nev this spring, and a friend in Az has a tec .22 he wants to sell to me. It has a 30 rd and a 50 rd mag. So, my next question is, are there any restrictions on mag size there? I can't own one here because it doesn't load through the pistol grip.

Sabotage70

imported post

Like I said in my last post. Forget about all those stupid laws in Arnold's zoo. Besides CA there is just a couple of states on the east coast that have mag. cap. restrictions. So if it's legal in AZ, it's legal here in the great state of NV. About the only thing that I can think of being illegal here is tracer ammo. If they make and you can find a 100 round drum, it's legal. Which they do make and you can find at the gun shows for the ruger 10/22. They even have stacks of 30 round mags for a lot of the popular pistols. But I'm sure if they are any good though.

Tophog

imported post

Sabotage70 wrote:

Doesn't have to be in the open. Just can't be on your person without a CCW.