• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buying Montana Guns

LeMat

imported post

What kind of gun are you looking for? Rifle, pistol, shotgun?

There is a plethora of manufacturing companies here producing firearms. Gonna need to narrow that down a bit. ;)

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

Thundar wrote:
I am thinking of moving to Montana. Does anyone know where in Montana I could buy a Montana gun?

Smells like a troll.

If not a troll, Montana is going to court with the FEDS over Guns Made in Montana not subject to Interstate Law, pre trial conference 02 FEB 2010.

Until this is settled all gun sales by FFL's are subject to Interstate Law, ATF, and US Code, whether made in Montana or anywhere else.

ChinChin

imported post

IDAHO COWBOY wrote:
Thundar wrote:
I am thinking of moving to Montana. Does anyone know where in Montana I could buy a Montana gun?

Smells like a troll.

If not a troll, Montana is going to court with the FEDS over Guns Made in Montana not subject to Interstate Law, pre trial conference 02 FEB 2010.

Until this is settled all gun sales by FFL's are subject to Interstate Law, ATF, and US Code, whether made in Montana or anywhere else.
Nah; Thundar is Legit. VA forum guy; I'll vouch.

Thundar

imported post

IDAHO COWBOY wrote:
Thundar wrote:
I am thinking of moving to Montana.  Does anyone know where in Montana I could buy a Montana gun?

Smells like a troll.

Thundar sez:

I am not a troll. Thanks for vouching for me chin chin.

Why would Montana guns be sold by FFLs? The first F in FFL stands for Federal. Guns made in Montana that stay in Montana are not interstate and not subject to interstate rules or regulations.

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

http://firearmsfreedomact.com/

http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2009/02/04/montana-firearms-freedom-act/

14 JAN 2010 News

1. Oklahoma State Representative Lewis Moore has introduced a “Firearms Freedom Act” for the state – it’s pre-filed for February 1, 2010 as House Bill 2884 ( HB2884)

2. Alabama State Representative Mac Gipson has introduced the Alabama Firearms Freedom Act as House Bill 48 ( HB48).

http://www.FirearmsFreedomAct.com

+++++++++++++++++++

Montana passed the law and the Governor signed.

Now Montana leading the way and the first State to pass the law, has filed a lawsuit in federal court to challenge the feds to a fight. 02 FEB 2010, the pre-trial conference starts (procedures, etc legal beagle BS) the trial then probably wind up in the SCOTUS - we will win - the Constitution is black and white with it's words it is just a few carpet bagging mostly Northern Yankees have no common sense and want to play games, since they are worry about their jobsecurity

So until resolved FFL firearms except in Montana we can also do private sales.