• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

About to OC for the first time today

Mech

imported post

Well, all the players are getting on the stage: got my Sig P226, and my Blackhawk CQC holster is arriving today too. Might do the wally world walk or even stop by a local Sportsman's Warehouse (heck, they've got over 100 guns behind the counter; sure don't think they'd mind my pistol), and I've checked both places' entrances carefully and saw no posted signs prohibiting the possession of firearms. Too bad it's raining so hard today, since I'll probably be wearing a jacket over the pistol till I get inside. Wish me luck! :)
Oh and I've also got copies of the WA OC pamphlets ready in my pockets.

Mech

imported post

thanks :) I'm on first-name basis with the gentlemen behind the gun counter so I'm STRONGLY hoping they'd understand my support for OC. I did NOT see any pamphlets on their counter the other day; should I try and chat with them to see how they feel about OCing, and if appropriate, give them some flyers?

Mech

imported post

Location updated, thanks for the reminder.
And I guess I wasn't paying too much attention when I wrote the first post. I was erroneous in calling the signs "illegal"; what I meant was I've made sure neither stores have any signs suggesting weapons are not welcomed. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. First post has been edited.

Mech

imported post

Regrettably, didn't get to OC today...UPS guy has yet to show up. UPS tracking shows it left from Hermiston before noon today; Hermiston is just under 3 hours East of Vancouver, so I'm hoping it'll show up later on tonight cuz I've seen UPS trucks out and about by as late as 7PM. So I'm hoping it'll show up tonight so I'd get to OC tomorrow. Thanks for all your support! :)

Mech

imported post

Actually the store I had planned on going today was formerly Sportsman's Warehouse; it has since been bought out by a Canadian company called Wholesale Sports. Must have been a recent purchase since they still had a bunch of SW apparels for sale there...

Trigger Dr

imported post

Sportsman's Warehopuse got into financial bind, and borrowed$$$$$$ from the Canadian company. When Stu Utgaard was unable to pay back, the Canadian CompanY (UFA) assumed ownership of all the stores in Oregon ( except Bend), Washington, and some in Idaho and Montana for a total of 15 Stores. This transaction closed in March of 2009. UFA continued the policies of the former company. I was employed by them for several years and severed my employment last October to persue other interests.

Mech

imported post

Ahh ok, didn't know you had worked for Sportsman's Warehouse, Trigger Dr. Thanks for the info! I feel even better about carrying in there now.

UPS updated and rescheduled the delivery to tomorrow....guess the crappy weather got to the driver :(

Mech

imported post

haha that's awesome! I'm going there tomorrow to check out some pistols and pick up a pistol case. My holster (Blackhawk CQC Serpa) FINALLY showed up today. I'll be OC'ing tomorrow, of course! :)