• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

10 things to do when OCDO is down...

Dreamer

imported post

10) Clean, oil, and maintain your firearms

9) Go to the Library and do some research on your state's legal codes

8) Go to the range, and practice shooting

7) Write or call your state and Federal Representatives about a 2A issue

6) OC someplace you've never been before.

5) If you don't have a portable audio recording, BUY ONE

4) Join a 2A organization like VCDL, NCGR, NRA or GOA

3) Get together with some local people from OCDO and have a dinner.
(but NOT a snowball fight, especially if you live in Washington DC)

2) Post some Pro-2A on local news-related websites

1) Get out of your house and OPEN CARRY!

bigdaddy1

imported post

Pagan wrote:
Freak out because you think the anti's over at Officer.com have hired their minions to shut us down! WHERE IS MY TIN FOIL HAT ALREADY?
I'm sorry, modernists use aluminum foil now

Dreamer

imported post

A few years ago, a couple Grad students in physics at MIT did a study on this.

As it turns out, a hat made from standard aluminum foil, will actually AMPLIFY certain microwave frequencies, most notably a 20 db amplification at 1.2 Ghz. That particular frequency range is reserved, according to the FCC, EXCLUSIVELY for GPS systems and military-owned communications satellites...

So it turns out that the tin-foil hat thing is not only a hoax, it's a VERY insidious bit of disinformation...

http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

The best way to protect yourself from microwave signals used in the ranges employed by the military-industrial sector is to put fine-weave chicken wire in the walls and roof of your house. this sets up an effective "Faraday Cage" which will block most microwave freq's.

Of course, now they've started using Terahertz frequency devices (like the new nude full-body scanners they are using in airports), so it's a never-ending battle... ;)

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Dreamer wrote:

10) Read the latest Oprah Book Club selection

9) Do some yard work

8) Meditate to have peace with yourself

7) Cool down from the heated OCDO forum discussions

6) Drink your way through your OCDO withdrawal

5) Start a private investigation to the origins of OCDO-forum problems

4) Mark the person(s) responsible, send them copies of the 'Death Wish' movies and a copy of 'I Come In Peace'

3) Watch the big community shootout scene from 'Death Wish 3', over and over, to see if you can identify every gun used and how many bad guys are killed.

2) Check repeatedly to see if opencarry.mywowbb.com will come up for hours and hours.

1) Go to Post-A-Holics Anonymous Meeting.

marine77

imported post

Dreamer wrote:

Well, honestly, i did number 10 while it was down.

XD40coyote

imported post

10- troll concealed carry only sites

9-go to the Baltimore suntalk forums and debate with Day Walker, who is a nutty twisty anti carry advocate. Sonora Rebel here can 2nd this on this guy.

8- go visit gore websites ( not algore) and see what happens when you play on train tracks and a train comes along, and pics of a Brazilian off duty cop standing over the 3 robbers he just shot.

7-OC on footpast a police station.

6-be an anal OCer in Gettysburg when a cop wants to ask you something, and say without haste"am I being detained" while pulling your voice recorder out. The cop was a PAFOAer and pro OC and just wanted to ask you about your M and P, and tell you you need to have your car inspected as the sticker is expired.

5-buy another gun

4-watch the Apocolypse..oops..History Channel's latest Mayan 2012 series.

3-troll police forums

2-watch cctv videos of citizens shooting at bg's

1-play mall ninja

simmonsjoe

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
A few years ago, a couple Grad students in physics at MIT did a study on this.

As it turns out, a hat made from standard aluminum foil, will actually AMPLIFY certain microwave frequencies, most notably a 20 db amplification at 1.2 Ghz. That particular frequency range is reserved, according to the FCC, EXCLUSIVELY for GPS systems and military-owned communications satellites...

So it turns out that the tin-foil hat thing is not only a hoax, it's a VERY insidious bit of disinformation...

http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

The best way to protect yourself from microwave signals used in the ranges employed by the military-industrial sector is to put fine-weave chicken wire in the walls and roof of your house. this sets up an effective "Faraday Cage" which will block most microwave freq's.

Of course, now they've started using Terahertz frequency devices (like the new nude full-body scanners they are using in airports), so it's a never-ending battle... ;)
wtf? tax dollars at work. IF I WEAR A TIN FOIL HAT I WOULDN'T BELIEVE THIS STUDY ANYWAYS!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
1) Go to Post-A-Holics Anonymous Meeting.

That's what I ended up doing.

Citizen was chairing the meeting.

And Doug was giving a (long) lead about how only persons with a minimum of 7,000 posts should be allowed in.....

rodbender

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
Pagan wrote:
Freak out because you think the anti's over at Officer.com have hired their minions to shut us down! WHERE IS MY TIN FOIL HAT ALREADY?
I'm sorry, modernists use aluminum foil now
FYI: Aluminum foil AKA tin foil is actually made of stainless steel. It reflects thebrain cellcontrollingwaves better.

45acpForMe

imported post

Pagan wrote:
This was my first reaction! My withdrawl symptoms had me open a OCDO page (timeout) go to another web address to make sure the internet was up & my cable modem working, try to open a OCDO page, (timeout) ...repeat, ad nauseum....

This was my second reaction/activity then I would rush home and (repeat above)

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

HankT wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
1)  Go to Post-A-Holics Anonymous Meeting.

That's what I ended up doing.

Citizen was chairing the meeting.

And Doug was giving a (long) lead about how only persons with a minimum of 7,000 posts should be allowed in.....

Dreamer is gonna be there in no time! :shock:

JBURGII

imported post

This was a very bad time for me.. I joined huffingtonpost .com and voiced my conservative opinion.. my butt is still on fire from that one.. hehe

Alexcabbie

imported post

JBURGII wrote:
This was a very bad time for me.. I joined huffingtonpost .com and voiced my conservative opinion.. my butt is still on fire from that one.. hehe
You ever see the video of "Midnight Train to Georgia"? You know those three guys groovin' in the background and repeating the last words of the verses, etc? That is what the "Huffington Post" is to the current administration (if this debacle can be called an "administration").

JBURGII

imported post

I understood what I was getting into, I felt like a good 'debate'.. hehe.. I may not be the greatest at debate but I tried to hold my own on the gun debtes, tea party politics and taxation vs. voluntary charity.. whew.. what a workout they give me over there..